Jump to content

Mike White Sucks — Crowd, Take Note Tonight


Smashmouth
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I’ll be spouting delusions.  It will be hilarious.  
Under what name will you be yukking it up?

No one wants to yuck anything up about this team being bad if in fact we do have another sh*tty year. Just look at what we are dealing with and come to grips with that. Tomorrow we are starting a middling career QB who is a tree at best and its not very exciting in fact its disturbing. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No one wants to yuck anything up about this team being bad if in fact we do have another sh*tty year. Just look at what we are dealing with and come to grips with that. Tomorrow we are starting a middling career QB who is a tree at best and its not very exciting in fact its disturbing. 

 

That’s not the point.  It’s that Flacco is a better QB in the CSs view than MW.  
It’s that simple.  
Is this what I wanted to see?  Is it what anyone was hoping for?  Injuries happen, it football.  Hope Flacco can eek out a win or two and then hope ZW shows something while the rookies gain experience.  That’s what I hoped for anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s not the point.  It’s that Flacco is a better QB in the CSs view than MW.  
It’s that simple.  
Is this what I wanted to see?  Is it what anyone was hoping for?  Injuries happen, it football.  Hope Flacco can eek out a win or two and then hope ZW shows something while the rookies gain experience.  That’s what I hoped for anyway.  

I get where you're coming from but I feel slightly different I think the CS wants to avoid a QB controversy at all costs. I do not think they have much faith in ZW and that's what the problem may be.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

 

 

You've now proven to me you have no clue how the WCO runs and how its been running for half a century. You can't make statements about an offensive philosophy thinking the Jets are going to use the deep game to open things up.... that's exactly the opposite on how this offense runs. This offense is based on Moving the chains possessing the football with a stout running game having good receiving RB's who will be an extension of the running game to open up the intermeadiate passing game. The Deep ball is the worst percentage play in the game is something QB's take advantage of when defenses move up to deal with what's going on underneath or something breaks down its a very low percentage play and its not a big part of anything WCO nor is pushing the ball down the field like you mentioned as well . Once you get a grasp of the offense we are actually running you will see exactly where Zach's game needs to improve and that's more than meets the eye. Its about working the Huddle, getting your team in rhythm, completing a high percentage of your short passes to let your now superior athletes make things happen with their speed, hitting RB's and receivers in stride, and SELLING the screen game. There is much more going on there then...... wow look at that 60 yard bomb Zach just threw..... of which I think he completed 1 or 2 of those deep air yard passes all year so it shows you just how rare they are and how much they actually mean to this type of offense. This is about moving the chains and the QB being deadly accurate in the short passing game. If by any stretch of the imagination you think Zach has done this then you simply are in denial. Its not about Potential here its about all of the little things Zach needs to do to Improve. 

That is not at all what said, not even a little bit.

if you believe the west coast offense is SOLELY just dinking and dunking the ball and no need to ever push the ball downfield (never said the "long ball" whatever that means) or more to the point - not having the ability or threat to be able to push the ball downfield (not talking about 60 yard bombs) -then so be it.   It's a simplistic view of the WCO and honestly not worth arguing at that point.

 Of course it's about possession and moving the chains -Keeping the team in rhythm and getting the ball in your playmakers hands is every offense.

But what you're missing and what I'm trying to say is - without the threat of a QB that can hurt you with a 25 to 30 yard out (or the like) teams can stack everything - keep everything in front of them and not allow you the short and intermediate stuff you want to do.  As you'll note there are plenty of routes that send WR's 20-30 yards downfield (why bother with that if you never intend to throw it to them?)

If this is what you believe then I'll just tell you you're right and we'll move on.  

You're right, you never need to push the ball downfield in the West Coast Offense - all plays can be dump-offs with no threat of pushing the ball downfield and they can win with 5 five yard passes, running the ball and moving the chains.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

<Mike White, in his first career start, throws for 405 yards and three TDs in a huge upset win against the future AFC representative in the Super Bowl>

Jets fans: “Aberration!”

<Zach Wilson, in his 11th start, throws for 234 yards and a TD against a sleepwalking, injured, and backsliding Bucs team>

Jets fans: “This was a masterstroke display of QB dominance”

And let's not forget:

"He didn't throw an interception!"

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FidelioJet said:

That is not at all what said, not even a little bit.

if you believe the west coast offense is SOLELY just dinking and dunking the ball and no need to ever push the ball downfield (never said the "long ball" whatever that means) or more to the point - not having the ability or threat to be able to push the ball downfield -then so be it.   It's a simplistic view of the WCO and honestly not worth arguing at that point.  Keeping the team in rhythm and getting the ball in your playmakers hands is every offense.

I'll just tell you you're right and we'll move on.  

You're right, you never need to push the ball downfield in the West Coast Offense - all plays can be dump-offs with no threat of pushing the ball deep.

See your the one not reading .....I gave a detailed explanation of how the WCO works never said it was only Dink and Dunk but it is at its core a ball control short passing offense. Get the ball in your playmakers hands and let them make it happen . Bill Walsh's philosophy on his offenses was eliminating low percentage plays he said it over and over its why after teams and coaches started emulating his designs QB's pass percentages sky rocketed and believe my they didn't hit the high 60's and low 70's in completion percentages because QB's were attacking down field its because they incorporated the RB's more into the passing game utilized more slants and WR screens along with RB screens. Like I stated a million times one year Drew Brees had an insanely high comp percentage in that same year he had 190 completions to his RB's 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I get where you're coming from but I feel slightly different I think the CS wants to avoid a QB controversy at all costs. I do not think they have much faith in ZW and that's what the problem may be.

There is no QB controversy to be had.  ZW was the 2nd overall pick is going to get his time to prove himself or to fail.  MWs win against Cincy isn’t changing that.  They’re starting JF because he’s proven himself to be the better QB.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

See your the one not reading .....I gave a detailed explanation of how the WCO works never said it was only Dink and Dunk but it is at its core a ball control short passing offense. Get the ball in your playmakers hands and let them make it happen . Bill Walsh's philosophy on his offenses was eliminating low percentage plays he said it over and over its why after teams and coaches started emulating his designs QB's pass percentages sky rocketed and believe my they didn't hit the high 60's and low 70's in completion percentages because QB's were attacking down field its because they incorporated the RB's more into the passing game utilized more slants and WR screens along with RB screens. Like I stated a million times one year Drew Brees had an insanely high comp percentage in that same year he had 190 completions to his RB's 

Look, I don't disagree with that at all.  Never said I didn't.  

I'm talking about the threat of being able to do more.  without it this doesn't work.  Drew Brees and Joe Montana were also able to throw complete balls 30 yards in the air - in tight coverage.  This conversation was about Mike White's inability to do that consistently.  Which will ultimately cause this offense to be unable to function properly.  Teams have to respect the 25 yard out - which allows them to run those slants and RB's plays you're talking about.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s not the point.  It’s that Flacco is a better QB in the CSs view than MW.  
It’s that simple.  
Is this what I wanted to see?  Is it what anyone was hoping for?  Injuries happen, it football.  Hope Flacco can eek out a win or two and then hope ZW shows something while the rookies gain experience.  That’s what I hoped for anyway.  

Getting guys like Guidry and Pinnock experience last season will surely pay dividends this season after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I don't disagree with that at all.  Never said I didn't.  

I'm talking about the threat of being able to do more.  without it this doesn't work.  Drew Brees and Joe Montana were also able to throw complete balls 30 yards in the air - in tight coverage.  This conversation was about Mike White's inability to do that consistently.  Which will ultimately cause this offense to be unable to function properly.  Teams have to respect the 25 yard out - which allows them to run those slants and RB's plays you're talking about.   

All we can do at this point is hope Flacco can get us a few wins. This team has the talent now, yes they are young and will make a mistake here and there but they can be explosive on both sides of the ball now so hopefully this will all work out and we have something to cheer for from this game forward. IMHO I have a bigger concern about the defensive scheme if I start seeing players on the Ravens running free (like we did at times last year) I'm going to start to question what's going on with the defensive side of the ball. I'm not a big fan of the 2 LB sets or the 4-3 but we have to give it the chance it deserves due to Saleh's success with the Niner's . We certainly have enough DE's to keep them fresh and get to the QB so lets see how that works. When Zach comes back healthy all of our questions will be answered this season possibly even in the first 5 games of Zach's return especially if Flacco moves the offense well. 

I enjoy our debates Fidelio we both have a passion for this team I'm just not the eternal optimist I used to be I've been rooting for this team for over 50 years I'm waiting and waiting like we all are. Fighting the optimist battle for the Jets is a tuff business :) so lets go kick the crap out of those Ravens tomorrow.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Pretty easy to understand.

Joe Douglas rookies getting experience is an exercise in futility.

You’re rambling and not sticking on topic while not even knowing who our rookies were.  
Hard to be a successful troll when you don’t know the roster

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Mike white will play before Wilson returns, that AFC North run is brutal. Playing a rookie right tackle and paper thin back ups, with a statue playing Quarterback, it’s not going to end well.

I think you might be right about that.  If our OL stinks (which it very well might - rookie RT, injured LT, mediocre C) then it affects both the running and passing game.  That puts extra pressure on our defense, which is young to begin with.  And while the jury is still out on Saleh (though the early returns don't look great), the Ravens probably still have a big coaching advantage because John Harbaugh is one of the best.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

image.png.be79f6c8cfb2ca0a5daa2198531a5d18.png

Really?  I don’t know the roster or the game?  This coming from you?  LOL.  

An accusation from someone like you, who’s posting history is trash Becton, trash JD or trash Wilson, one of these in just about every post in any thread, whether it’s relevant to the conversation or not.  
When you’re not giving a thumbs down to a pretty much universally accepted fact.  
One trick pony 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  I don’t know the roster or the game?  This coming from you?  LOL.  

An accusation from someone like you, who’s posting history is trash Becton, trash JD or trash Wilson, one of these in just about every post in any thread, whether it’s relevant to the conversation or not.  
When you’re not giving a thumbs down to a pretty much universally accepted fact.  

See above

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2022 at 7:23 PM, Jet Nut said:

White played well in a game.  One game.  Yes he did.  Just as he played like ass In another and got injured in a 3rd.  You do realize the list of QBs who have had one game careers and then go back to backup is long.  The reason he’s the 3rd QB is the CS who sees every practice doesn’t think he’s the better option.  The idea that a staff, who’s livelihood is tied to performance would start the lesser of 2 QBs is puzzling.  

Enjoying the game? Flacco looking awesome.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2022 at 10:23 PM, Jet Nut said:

White played well in a game.  One game.  Yes he did.  Just as he played like ass In another and got injured in a 3rd.  You do realize the list of QBs who have had one game careers and then go back to backup is long.  The reason he’s the 3rd QB is the CS who sees every practice doesn’t think he’s the better option.  The idea that a staff, who’s livelihood is tied to performance would start the lesser of 2 QBs is puzzling.  

How was Flacco today?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its simple guys Flacco is not a WCO QB he's a pocket passer that stands there like a tree and never gets the ball out quick. He has an arm but he never reads quick never gets the team in rhythm and seems to stall the progress by constantly having to refer to the cheat sheet on his arm. White can run this offense and he can get it in rhythm all he needed was a little time to work out some of his ill advised throws other than that he can make this offense way better than we saw today with quick reads fast release and not being a ******* oak tree

I decision to start Flacco was the single worst decision made and it cost us the game. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Its simple guys Flacco is not a WCO QB he's a pocket passer that stands there like a tree and never gets the ball out quick. He has an arm but he never reads quick never gets the team in rhythm and seems to stall the progress by constantly having to refer to the cheat sheet on his arm. White can run this offense and he can get it in rhythm all he needed was a little time to work out some of his ill advised throws other than that he can make this offense way better than we saw today with quick reads fast release and not being a ******* oak tree

I decision to start Flacco was the single worst decision made and it cost us the game. 

Look I’m fine with starting White but his fanbase I feel has gone overboard with how good he is.  Yes I understand he had one good game against a Bengal team that admittedly didn’t show up that day because they were playing a bad team 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look I’m fine with starting White but his fanbase I feel has gone overboard with how good he is.  Yes I understand he had one good game against a Bengal team that admittedly didn’t show up that day because they were playing a bad team 
Streveler

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look I’m fine with starting White but his fanbase I feel has gone overboard with how good he is.  Yes I understand he had one good game against a Bengal team that admittedly didn’t show up that day because they were playing a bad team 

I dont think anyone believes Mike White is a franchise QB. Just that he is better than Flacco. The coaching staff and GM seem more concerned with protecting Wilson's ego and wanting to snuff out even the chance or possibility of a QB controversy than to play the better QB.

Joe Flacco is done. He provides nothing of value. There is absolutely no point of him being the starter. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...