I think about this all the time

Dcronin

1 hour ago, Hex said:

To be fair, what do you think would have happened if we drafted Josh Allen?

The problem with this team runs deeper than a couple players, and it's more than just a couple years of sucking.

Josh Allen wouldn’t be missing time due to injured psyche. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Bills have an absolute stud. We have absolutely nothing but endless injury, a high school QB and an ancient backup, a porous O line and D, and one of the worst schedules in the league.

The Football Gods hate us!

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 10.53.59 PM.png

I think you need a new hobby

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Bills have an absolute stud. We have absolutely nothing but endless injury, a high school QB and an ancient backup, a porous O line and D, and one of the worst schedules in the league.

All of the best breakdowns of how well a team is playing always come before they've played a single snap.

JFC.

4 hours ago, Dcronin said:

and we had to trade 3 2nds to get to that pick because we chose a BOX safety when we had a journeyman QB. Think about that.

Most important position in all of football and we have a 38 year old journeyman.  Mahommes and Watson are available and we draft a safety.

Jets management is amongst the worst in sports history. Look at the drafts after Allen. The Bills got him help, developed him.  We havent developed SHlT.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The Jets were never going to pick Allen.  They wanted Darnold or Mayfield, and Rosen was probably their 3rd option.

I can actually understand the thinking at the time - Allen clearly had all the talent in the world, but he needed a lot of refinement. The Jets wanted a more polished guy, which they though the other 3 guys were.

Personally, I was massively intrigued by Allen's talent and thought he could be very good on the right team.  But it's doubtful that the Jets were that right team. I was actually scared at the prospect of us picking him and royally screwing it up.

Anyway, pretty much all of us were giddy to get Darnold at the time, and many referred to Allen as "the Bills' running back" until year 2.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Most important position in all of football and we have a 38 year old journeyman.  Mahommes and Watson are available and we draft a safety.

Jets management is amongst the worst in sports history. Look at the drafts after Allen. The Bills got him help, developed him.  We havent developed SHlT.

SPOT on...  As much as I like JD, I can't help but wonder, what is the reason behind this culture that keeps following us around. OK, his first draft was basically horrible, but the last 2 can't be considered the same. Maybe he wiffs on ZW, and maybe he doesn't we don't know because we still don't know what we have in a coaching staff, but from the looks of it, it's not good. We all haled Saleh, but now we're not so sure. Somethings got to give one of these days. As much as people blame Woody and rightly so, if he does a Woody next year if we stink up the joint and persue's Payton at all costs, would that maybe break the curse ???  who the hell knows. Last thought, would it even be a Woody type move based on the HC's we've had. He's not afraid to spend money, but not so much on HC's....

14 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

and we had to trade 3 2nds to get to that pick because we chose a BOX safety when we had a journeyman QB. Think about that.

This is a ridiculous take.  Flacco is only 37!  :)

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

The Jets were never going to pick Allen.  They wanted Darnold or Mayfield, and Rosen was probably their 3rd option.

I can actually understand the thinking at the time - Allen clearly had all the talent in the world, but he needed a lot of refinement. The Jets wanted a more polished guy, which they though the other 3 guys were.

Personally, I was massively intrigued by Allen's talent and thought he could be very good on the right team.  But it's doubtful that the Jets were that right team. I was actually scared at the prospect of us picking him and royally screwing it up.

Anyway, pretty much all of us were giddy to get Darnold at the time, and many referred to Allen as "the Bills' running back" until year 2.

I thought Macc dodged a bullet by Giants taking Saquon because had they taken Darnold, we would’ve taken Rosen.

As it turns out, both were bullets. 😢 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hex said:

To be fair, what do you think would have happened if we drafted Josh Allen?

The problem with this team runs deeper than a couple players, and it's more than just a couple years of sucking.

Spot on.

You simply never know how these drafts are going to work out.

For me and being completely upfront, the one QB I did not want was Josh Allen and I was scared to death the Jets were going to take him. Once I heard accuracy issues, no thank you - been there with a QB named Hack whatever his name was.

To Josh Allen's credit, he corrected that issue and is what he is.

If we had drafted him, do you think we surround him with the proper coaching to develop him and supporting players?

And no one is allowed to respond and say Adam Gase. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Dcronin said:

I remember everyone ragging on Allen over his accuracy  issues during the draft 

While the Jets are busy drafting guys like Sanchez, Darnold, Hackenberg, Wilson.

Other franchises are drafting Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Russel Wilson, Jimmy Garropolo, Andrew Luck and MORE.

The odds of picking 3 duds like they have might actually be tougher than connecting on one.

Please spare us the "well if the Jets had drafted him they would have ruined him" line.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

The Bills were in the middle of a rebuild when they drafted Allen. Nobody even knew who Dabol was. I would bet had Darnold been available  along with Allen when the Bills picked, Darnold would have been on the Bills. 

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

We had chances to draft the  two most purely talented QBs to enter the draft since John Elway while we were desperate at the position and completely blew it 

Who? Watson and Mahomes? When they were drafted they were considered flawed QB's that needed a lot of refinement. There is no way either become stars on the Jets picking DL with the first picks of every draft. All of you somehow think we had Don Shula as our HC for the last 10 years. 

5 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Giving up three 2s to move up three spots was the backbreaker there, not who we picked.  Who the hell knows how this team would have looked that year with whoever we took and 6 and all that extra ammo.   

Well it was Mac making the picks so never mind the what ifs...

11 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

While the Jets are busy drafting guys like Sanchez, Darnold, Hackenberg, Wilson.

Other franchises are drafting Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Russel Wilson, Jimmy Garropolo, Andrew Luck and MORE.

The odds of picking 3 duds like they have might actually be tougher than connecting on one.

Please spare us the "well if the Jets had drafted him they would have ruined him" line.

But it's true. The Jets  couldn't  develop a Polaroid.  

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The Bills were in the middle of a rebuild when they drafted Allen. Nobody even knew who Dabol was. I would bet had Darnold been available  along with Allen when the Bills picked, Darnold would have been on the Bills. 

That may be true BUT we lost 3 second round picks to get to number 3.  To draft a safety????

You want to defend the front office, great , I won't stop you. All while the owner is in England playing diplomat. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Spot on.

You simply never know how these drafts are going to work out.

For me and being completely upfront, the one QB I did not want was Josh Allen and I was scared to death the Jets were going to take him. Once I heard accuracy issues, no thank you - been there with a QB named Hack whatever his name was.

To Josh Allen's credit, he corrected that issue and is what he is.

If we had drafted him, do you think we surround him with the proper coaching to develop him and supporting players?

And no one is allowed to respond and say Adam Gase. 

I had serious doubts about Allen overcoming his early issues at the QB position but you have to give credit where it’s due, he even worked with the legendary QB coach Jordan Pa… wait a minute

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Giving up three 2s to move up three spots was the backbreaker there, not who we picked.  Who the hell knows how this team would have looked that year with whoever we took and 6 and all that extra ammo.   

Well it was Mac making the picks so never mind the what ifs...

Common sense has NO place on a NY Jets board.  Another post like this and I'll ask that they ban you. :)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Who? Watson and Mahomes? When they were drafted they were considered flawed QB's that needed a lot of refinement. There is no way either become stars on the Jets picking DL with the first picks of every draft. All of you somehow think we had Don Shula as our HC for the last 10 years. 

Go watch Mahomes college tape and tell me how on earth this guy is considered flawed but Darnold was a sure fire #1 pick 

38 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That may be true BUT we lost 3 second round picks to get to number 3.  To draft a safety????

You want to defend the front office, great , I won't stop you. All while the owner is in England playing diplomat. 

I'm sorry, but we traded all those picks to draft Darnold. We took Adams instead of Watson and Mahomes who I also think everyone would have thought were awful picks because the OL was so bad. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Go watch Mahomes college tape and tell me how on earth this guy is considered flawed but Darnold was a sure fire #1 pick 

Go read what the media was saying about him before the draft. You want to know what Mahomes would have looked like on the Jets,  go watch the SB from 2 years ago. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Go read what the media was saying about him before the draft. You want to know what Mahomes would have looked like on the Jets,  go watch the SB from 2 years ago. 

Many of us were calling for Maholmes. Pre draft reports of ridiculous arm talent had us drooling ,,, even if his release looked like a baseball pitcher.

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Media? Lol I thought we paid a front office to make decisions. You think the Andy Reid drafts Adams ahead of mahomes? 

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Many of us were calling for Maholmes. Pre draft reports of ridiculous arm talent had us drooling ,,, even if his release looked like a baseball pitcher.

I agree. We didn't  have a QB. I was hoping we would pick him or Watson at the time because we had the need.