Brown expected to be out, Fant to LT

Larz

This is why I argued they should have used the Mosley cap deferral to sign a right tackle BEFORE an injury happens.

I actually love the work JD has been doing but this is the 2nd time this preseason he waited for an injury to happen at tackle before proactively taking steps to secure adequate depth.

Now what?  We throw a rookie out to the wolves or weaken our offensive game plan by rolling help to his side.   

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Carter and Hall are going to have to earn their money.  Need them to show up big.

And for all the talk I hear around here about Hall being the next Adrian Peterson, he’s gonna need to show up real big.

Yes ... as pass protectors.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Carter and Hall are going to have to earn their money.  Need them to show up big.

And for all the talk I hear around here about Hall being the next Adrian Peterson, he’s gonna need to show up real big.

With the OL injuries the key is going to be getting Hall involved in the short passing game early and often. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure how we expected anything other than exactly this.

And you guys are worried about catching Saleh n a “lie”. The poor schmuck is caught between Woody’s toxic culture, the kids crazy family, the NY media, and the curse… he’s luck he arrived bald.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This could be a blessing in disguise type of thing. If Mitchell can just play decently and continue to grow, it could be huge for not only this season but going forward. Obviously he will have some struggles but fr9m what I have seen in preseason he was at least ad good as Edogs and you can gameplan to help him out and leave him less exposed.  Only roughly 30 rookies start in the NFL and we could have 4 Sunday. Who would have thought our 4th rounders vould be so pivotal?

If mitchell can become a starting RT that would just be huge.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This could be a blessing in disguise type of thing. If Mitchell can just play decently and continue to grow, it could be huge for not only this season but going forward. Obviously he will have some struggles but fr9m what I have seen in preseason he was at least ad good as Edogs and you can gameplan to help him out and leave him less exposed.  Only roughly 30 rookies start in the NFL and we could have 4 Sunday. Who would have thought our 4th rounders vould be so pivotal?

It’s not a blessing it’s a case of the Jets not doing their homework again on a player. His bum shoulder should have been flagged before giving him 9 million bucks.

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

So Wilson was potentially going to start.

The team had a bad feeling about Duane who will probably be out a month…

They’re holding Wilson back who isn’t 100% because the OL is going to be swisscheese all September.

And it’s easier to hold him out knowing he’s probably not 100% anyway.  So while he’s probably ok to play if it were a playoff game, why throw him out there vs the ravens when he’s going to get killed?  It makes sense.  The pain is going to be watching them vs the ravens and bengals.  Hopefully the rookies flash.