Brown expected to be out, Fant to LT

Larz

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

And it’s easier to hold him out knowing he’s probably not 100% anyway.  So while he’s probably ok to play if it were a playoff game, why throw him out there vs the ravens when he’s going to get killed?  It makes sense.  The pain is going to be watching them vs the ravens and bengals.  Hopefully the rookies flash.  

Ha ha, playoff game

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I’d not be using  Will Parkinson tweets as a source.   Dude throws sh*t all the time. But with Brown missing the last two practices can’t say it’s not highly likely 

Had no time to research the source, but yeah it’s not a stretch at this point with 3 tackles on the injury report this week 

Just now, shuler82 said:

Better thing Flacco is quick on his feet 

If nothing else it will be very interesting to see how lefleur adjusts the game plan as a result.  We saw last year he is actually creative, and now he’s got a veteran qb.  I would hope they use both rbs and the TEs and come out with a short passing game to keep the d off balance.  

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

And it’s easier to hold him out knowing he’s probably not 100% anyway.  So while he’s probably ok to play if it were a playoff game, why throw him out there vs the ravens when he’s going to get killed?  It makes sense.  The pain is going to be watching them vs the ravens and bengals.  Hopefully the rookies flash.  

I actually don't think the Cincy game is going to be as difficult as the Baltimore game which I now (OL issues being a greater issue than QB) unfortunately feel like we're going to get lit up

I think our DL matches up well with their OL and if we can run the ball we should be in the game.

Obviously Chase vs. Sauce will be the big determining factor in that one.

At this rate...going into our bye with 3 wins would be a positive and finish out the 2nd year strong and healthy with 5 more wins.

58 minutes ago, derp said:

Well that was money well spent.

Seriously, hope Mitchell is good. This is a nice opportunity for him. It’d be awesome if we can go into this offseason with a solid RT who can be penciled in as a starter with three years left on his rookie deal.

And as ridiculous as it is, if this is a borderline thing for Brown they’d probably rather be conservative with him, let Mitchell play in front of Flacco, and make sure Brown is healthy by week 4. They clearly are prioritizing Wilson, which certainly makes sense in some ways, so that would jive with how they’ve processed this kind of stuff.

It's not going to be very helpful if the Raven break our 38 year old QB in half. 

41 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

@More Cowbell  you need to start a thread to apologize for your vile and rude attitude toward me when I said Max Mitchell was in the mix to be back up at one of the T positions.  And here is, starting week 1. 

Do it now or you will never live this moment down.  

Further proof of how Cowbell is always wrong.

He’s batting .000 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

This is why I argued they should have used the Mosley cap deferral to sign a right tackle BEFORE an injury happens.

I actually love the work JD has been doing but this is the 2nd time this preseason he waited for an injury to happen at tackle before proactively taking steps to secure adequate depth.

Now what?  We throw a rookie out to the wolves or weaken our offensive game plan by rolling help to his side.   

The thing is, Why did we bring back McDermott if we were going to play Mitchell in the even of an injury

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

It's not going to be very helpful if the Raven break our 38 year old QB in half. 

I mean, he is a person, but I imagine the Jets are less worried about Joe Flacco’s long term health than Zach Wilson’s. And Mike White is on the roster and playable if Wilson gets hurt.

The Ravens also have clout as a defense but are unproven on the edge. We’ll see what the new DC does.

Also, Flacco is more experienced and the line looked better with him last year. I think he’s more likely to diagnose pressure correctly and get out the ball quick if needed than Wilson (or White).

Just now, freestater said:

If you agree that drafting Becton was a mistake, then I'd have to assume that relying on that mistake going forward would also be a mistake. Yet that's precisely what JD did until scrambling to take what was left on the market after his mistake predictably left a gaping hole at a terribly important spot. 

New gms who are trying to establish a reputation are not quick to admit a mistake on their first first round pick.  We’ve seen it before with tanny, who refused to draft Russell wilson and instead gave Sanchez a big raise.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Drafted a pothead slob in Becton and then doubled and tripled down on Becton to stop being a slob. And here we are.

I do think that right tackle is a question for like 28/32 teams in the league.

Also think Joe Douglas’ refusal to take layups his first two drafts (Wirfs, Pitts) when he was on a ******* six year contract will forever baffle me.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Then you have the decision of week 4 is the steelers and arguably top 5 defensive lines and pass rush in the league. 

Do they really want to put him back there with a knee that may or may not be 100% and a line that might be playing for the 1st time together this season. I just have visions of Watt crushing him.

My gut says week 5 home against Miami but I do understand those that feel just get him out there. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

The thing is, Why did we bring back McDermott if we were going to play Mitchell in the even of an injury

McDermott’s return would make a great subject for the show Unsolved Mysteries.  He gave up an astonishingly bad 20% pressure rate in a meaningful enough amount of snaps last year.

Why did we bring him back?  Only answer  I can think of is to fill an Irish quota to balance out having an Italian HC.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, derp said:

I do think that right tackle is a question for like 28/32 teams in the league.

Also think Joe Douglas’ refusal to take layups his first two drafts (Wirfs, Pitts) when he was on a ******* six year contract will forever baffle me.

I think one of Douglas’ weaknesses is that he thinks he’s a lot more clever than he is, which is something he probably picked up working with Howie Roseman. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

100% less than ideal but the OL should still be a good unit with 4/5 good players starting. That’s better than a lot of OLs out there. Put a TE on Mitchell’s side and help him out all game long. I don’t think the Ravens rush the passer that well 

They had 57 sacks last season. That's  about the league average I would think. 

I think one of Douglas’ weaknesses is that he thinks he’s a lot more clever than he is, which is something he probably picked up working with Howie Roseman. 

His trades have been amazing, so there’s that.  He’s very clever at trading.  And i do think he’s getting better at drafting.  The main issue was not admitting sooner that becton needed to be traded, and here we are.  

• Upvote 1

I think he likes shiny things and gets blinded by upside, but basically the same difference.

It’s just odd when you’re passing up safe freaks for risky freaks. Wirfs was an insane athlete too but without the weight/failed common sense test concerns and they could’ve played him on the right side with Fant which would’ve been safer, Pitts may not actually be from this planet, etc. 

Obviously Chase was insane too but had sat a year so I get him not being safe.

• Upvote 2