Can't make it up

AFJF

Saleh being non-committal on Brown's time frame for return gives me the feeling they know it's gonna' be a little while and maybe trying to add a FA.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Saleh being non-committal on Brown's time frame for return gives me the feeling they know it's gonna' be a little while and maybe trying to add a FA.

He is going to be out for the season.  Sign Daryl Williams or shell

Not injury history for Becton, but there’s a reason that the bigger tackles in the league play at 330 and not 360. A lot of stress to put on the lower body when it’s moving that explosively. Some guys can handle it, others can’t, most don’t play at that size. They bet on him being an outlier.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, derp said:

Not injury history for Becton, but there’s a reason that the bigger tackles in the league play at 330 and not 360. A lot of stress to put on the lower body when it’s moving that explosively. Some guys can handle it, others can’t, most don’t play at that size. They bet on him being an outlier.

He was fine until GVR got him injured. Becton may just be glass for the rest of his career unfortunately

3 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

He was fine until GVR got him injured. Becton may just be glass for the rest of his career unfortunately

We’ll never know if he would have held up otherwise, but he was banged up as a rookie and took himself out of games. Again, it’s just a lot of stress to have on your lower body at that weight.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, AFJF said:

no the jets should have avoided becton because whirfs was there and a better option. douglas took the high risk/high reward pick. problem is a team so devoid of talent really doesn't have that luxury. you need some blue chip players to build a foundation with

• Upvote 2

At least Ryan Kalil and Van Roten went out there.  This reminds me of the Kelechi Osemele nonsense with the Raiders.  He came, he collected, well . . . let's hope not.   I suspect this guy never plays a down for us.  It seemed so Ryan Kalil with the "I don't need any camp or practice".  So unlikely to succeed.

How about next year's salary?  Is there a $9 million meal to be eaten next year too.  Ah, the salary cap space.  Whoosh, gone with the wind.

What did that player who just switched teams say?  "They are printing money.  Time to go get some."

I like Joe D a lot and he has a bag full of mulligans.  But I feel like a mark at the carnival.