Honestly, just play Streveler

sourceworx

I completely understood playing Flacco week one if Wilson was coming back the following week. Honestly, he probably gives us the best chance to win right now. But with Wilson out a month, there’s no way I wanna watch  Flacco for that same period. And now with O line  going to give us trouble, I am completely with you on this. At least it would be fun to watch. We will be three and out all game and Flacco is going to get pummeled. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Just want to preface that I'm not one of the people who was pining for this guy to stay on. 

However with the O-Line in absolute shambles, we need to accept that we aren't going to be a passing team. The QB simply won't have enough time to throw. So that means we need to run a triple option or the veer. Basically an antiquated run-oriented offense. 

Flacco and White can't run such an offense, but Streveler can. 

It's the only shot we have at having some sort of enjoyment this season. Otherwise it's another year pissed down the drain. And this time we haven't even made it to Week 1.

These goddamned Jets. Every damned year.

you know back in 80s Jets didnt win much but damn they were fun to watch because they hurt people and not just from up front DL their Safeties too turning WRs into helicopter blades with an occasional Wesley doin what he did best

man thats all I ask - make it fun again - I dont think that is too much to ask - now break a leg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Just want to preface that I'm not one of the people who was pining for this guy to stay on. 

However with the O-Line in absolute shambles, we need to accept that we aren't going to be a passing team. The QB simply won't have enough time to throw. So that means we need to run a triple option or the veer. Basically an antiquated run-oriented offense. 

It's the only shot we have at having some sort of enjoyment this season. Otherwise it's another year pissed down the drain. And this time we haven't even made it to Week 1.

These goddamned Jets. Every damned year.

is it really a shambles though? we have 1 guy out 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

39 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

3 minutes ago, Wit said:

Stop this. Kyle Higashioka hit like 7 HR in spring training and it doesnt look like hes on pace to break Maris record. This is fools gold. I enjoyed it while it lasted, but the regular season is for real teams and players. 

Exactly!  Strev's story was cute (or even adorable!) for the preseason but let's leave regular season games to legitimate NFL players.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The left tackle has changed positions more times since July than you've changed your socks. The right tackle was fourth on the depth chart a few weeks ago.

It's a disaster.

Fant has never had an issue switching back and forth. He was signed as a, wait for it, a swing tackle.

I think Mitchell was 3rd string RT behind Becton & McDermott before Becton got injured. Now, with Becton out, he is starting. Did he outplay McDermott to earn that? That's a positive sign if so.

We're basically down one guy from the start of the season which sucks, but I'd hardly characterize as "in shambles". NFL teams play with backup o-linemen all the time. It's probably going to be OK despite the hysteria being dished out on JN. They'll keep a TE over to help out Mitchell a lot.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Shambles? As of right now, one guy is out…

Well, two guys are out - 1 for the season, the RT is moving to LT after saying he was happier at RT, and a rookie is starting. Also, this is yet another configuration of the OL that hasn't had a chance to getl. It may not be shambles, but it isn't very good.

• WTF? 1

28 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Do you guys know strevler was playing mostly guys who are going to be Home Depot managers in a year right?

as long as you recognize that Mike HOF White was also playing those same future managers and could not complete a forward pass or get his team into endzone...pretty pathetic if you ask me.

disclaimer:. no disrespect to any current, past, or future Home Depot managers happen to read this post.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

as long as you recognize that Mike HOF White was also playing those same future managers and could not complete a forward pass or get his team into endzone...pretty pathetic if you ask me.

disclaimer:. no disrespect to any current, past, or future Home Depot managers happen to read this post.

10 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

you are not worried about Fant going down during the game? he is listed as injured

Anyone can get injured during the game. Guys play with minor issues all the time. It’s a collision sport.

As it stands, the OL is not my main concern; not even top 2. Joe Flacco and the run defense are bigger concerns. Guarding their TEs is probably number 3 for me. 

• Upvote 1

Dang you guy are like my ex girlfriend. 1 small thing happens and it’s the end of the world. The starting LT from last year is playing, we have a new pro bowl lg, the center is average and same as last year, a top 15 pick at rg, and the one ? Is Rt yet the team is falling apart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1