Honestly, just play Streveler

sourceworx

The Jets were 2/14 on 3rd down. This is the QB's fault. They need to move the chains by running and check downs as needed. Did you see Flacco try a QB sneak, he went straight into the DL and backwards. How many games has Flacco won in last 3 years?? Mike White was cut by how many teams and had one good game and cant run either. Something needs to change at the QB position. Might as well try everyone and anyone.

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2022 at 4:55 PM, SickJetFan said:

you know back in 80s Jets didnt win much but damn they were fun to watch because they hurt people and not just from up front DL their Safeties too turning WRs into helicopter blades with an occasional Wesley doin what he did best

man thats all I ask - make it fun again - I dont think that is too much to ask - now break a leg

helicopter

• Upvote 1

Problem is, what if you're right? What if Streveler comes in and sparks the offense, and we pull out a cpl improbably wins?

Streveler 2-0. Zack Wilson ready to return. What would you do next?

I know what Saleh would do. Saleh would avoid the above referenced mess to begin with. By keeping Streveler buried as far as possible on the PS.

On 9/9/2022 at 1:42 PM, sourceworx said:

Just want to preface that I'm not one of the people who was pining for this guy to stay on. 

However with the O-Line in absolute shambles, we need to accept that we aren't going to be a passing team. The QB simply won't have enough time to throw. So that means we need to run a triple option or the veer. Basically an antiquated run-oriented offense. 

Flacco and White can't run such an offense, but Streveler can. 

It's the only shot we have at having some sort of enjoyment this season. Otherwise it's another year pissed down the drain. And this time we haven't even made it to Week 1.

These goddamned Jets. Every damned year.

Gross. . . He would get killed in a nfl game with starters playing.

Play Mike white and get it done already 

This is getting a little out of hand. Mitchell is a 4th round pick. Those guys start all the time, including as rookies. Fant is a perfectly serviceable NFL left tackle. The idea that the whole offense is going to collapse, to the point that we should be rolling out some never-was as a sacrificial lamb, is kind of crazy. The Ravens are down their LT, too. Are they going to hand their offense to Tyler Huntley?

It collapsed

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

It collapsed

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets RBs averaged 5 yards per carry and Flacco was sacked 3 times on over 60 drop backs. That is not collapsing especially since Flacco is a statute in the pocket.  

The oline definitely needs to improve but calling last weeks performance a collapse takes way too much of the blame off Flacco. 

21 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Im afraid the Stev will be cut once Zach comes back..probably Mike White too after a game or so.

If it were up to me once Zach is back I would keep Stev on PS and cut White so we can use the roster spot for BAM before he gets stolen.

The humane thing to do would be to cut "The Strev" so he can resume his pursuit of a backup QB job in the CFL.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:54 PM, sourceworx said:

It's a disaster.

Hyperbole at this point.

Last week was more about statue-Flacco than the O-line.  They weren't great, but they weren't as horrible as made out either.

Frankly, I reserve judgment till we have Wilson or White back there.  Flacco is a liability to any Oline these days.