The Sad Story of My Once Positive Vibes

slats

whoa - you guys over the top psycho just as bad as Joe Willie Namath there on the other side

now I am not real fan of coaching staff, (I think Saleh smiles wayyyy too much and I want to knock him out at times...but i digress) they have been a train wreck and not looking promising so far this season but they haven't even played a game yet this season...people do sometimes learn from mistakes and get better...not all the time and the odds are against but they do and can.  They showed signs of improvement as season went on so I am hopeful they will turn it around and make everyone forget..

to their def a little bit here they inherit a team where every position group was crap due to cycle after cycle of bad drafts and yes JD 2000 was a waste but that was also a covid year where everything was done from peoples basements - coaches and players who prob not that savvy using computers suddenly faced with zoom calls and whatever...not a typical year to say the least and yes 31 other teams had same issue not sure how the rest of those teams are doing and not looking that all up but again everyone was out of their element and I would bet this last superbowl was not determined by who was drafted in 2000 but not looking that up either.

they have had a string of really bad luck...Lawson, Becton (yes that was bad luck the way he initially got injured even tho I think him a fat slob), Moore, Davis, MC, Fant, Zach, etc.. injuries everywhere...not sure what they could have done to prevent that.  No I do not believe a harder camp would solve for that (maybe solve for other things but not injuries).  Josh Allen could easily have gotten clipped on one of his running plays over the last couple years to take out a knee and he would of ended up busting out forever, but luck would have it for Buffalo he didn't.

The whole Zach injury thing although strange, I do think "Team Zach" wants to succeed here and obviously the Jets want that too.  Will he? no clue but the way he was thrust into that starting line up last season was malpractice.  Whats done is done, they may have ruined him who knows but he is still a young kid with potential which I want to see it through, good or bad as I dont have any crystal balls (my balls are big and saggy) to see his future but willing to let that play out.

in summary, not everything is ideal, yeah things could have been done a lot better, sh*t happens, and Woody is a big dick, but he is our dick and we are stuck with each other so we all need to embrace the dick no matter how distasteful that dick may be.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47zx5nrac0xkionvzis0c

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Many here feel similar to Zach.    He played so poorly at times last year, this board was exploding at his errors.

If I were forced to bet....  I wouldn't bet on him being a successful NFL QB.

He showed some signs of brilliance....  over shadowed by poor QB play.

Zach stayed confident.

Darnold was a moper.  

Big difference…

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

I’m still looking forward to Sunday, but it’s decidedly different. Zach’s injury took the wind out of my sails, not because I love the guy or anything but because whether he’s gonna be the guy or not is far and away the #1 question facing the entire organization. He needs to play so that that decision can be made. 

Another adjustment I’ve had to make is that the Jets appear to be all in on the passing game. My feeling since the team drafted Breece Hall was that they were gonna rush the football. A lot. Then Becton went down, and they seemed to abandon that. I expected at least one of Bawden or Wesco to make the team, but they cut both in favor of carrying six WRs and Cager -a pure receiving TE- over the blockers. I can understand it from the perspective of who Zach was throwing to at the end of the season (the only player who caught a pass in the last game of the season that’s still on the roster is Jeff Smith), but it seemed to me that putting together a bruising rushing attack would be the best way to cocoon the young QB. Given the OT situation, I have to think Ruckert will be active and getting snaps this week. 

I’m down with starting Flacco. This is the guy the coaches have confidence in. He’ll bring a veteran calming presence to a young team in something of a state of disarray. He should also set a baseline at which the offense should be expected to perform, with the expectation that when the starting QB gets in there, it should be better. I welcome that.  

Looking forward to seeing the young guys play on both sides of the ball. I do believe the defense should take a couple giant steps forward. Saleh’s evaluation is as necessary as Zach’s, and the way he has this team prepared for opening day in the face of all of these setbacks is his first real test of the season. I’d just really prefer it if the starting QB was in the lineup. 

Fair point it would be nice to have our QB. But  I do think hall is going to be the center of all game plans. Or least he should be

6 hours ago, slats said:

I’m still looking forward to Sunday, but it’s decidedly different. Zach’s injury took the wind out of my sails, not because I love the guy or anything but because whether he’s gonna be the guy or not is far and away the #1 question facing the entire organization. He needs to play so that that decision can be made. 

Another adjustment I’ve had to make is that the Jets appear to be all in on the passing game. My feeling since the team drafted Breece Hall was that they were gonna rush the football. A lot. Then Becton went down, and they seemed to abandon that. I expected at least one of Bawden or Wesco to make the team, but they cut both in favor of carrying six WRs and Cager -a pure receiving TE- over the blockers. I can understand it from the perspective of who Zach was throwing to at the end of the season (the only player who caught a pass in the last game of the season that’s still on the roster is Jeff Smith), but it seemed to me that putting together a bruising rushing attack would be the best way to cocoon the young QB. Given the OT situation, I have to think Ruckert will be active and getting snaps this week. 

I’m down with starting Flacco. This is the guy the coaches have confidence in. He’ll bring a veteran calming presence to a young team in something of a state of disarray. He should also set a baseline at which the offense should be expected to perform, with the expectation that when the starting QB gets in there, it should be better. I welcome that.  

Looking forward to seeing the young guys play on both sides of the ball. I do believe the defense should take a couple giant steps forward. Saleh’s evaluation is as necessary as Zach’s, and the way he has this team prepared for opening day in the face of all of these setbacks is his first real test of the season. I’d just really prefer it if the starting QB was in the lineup. 

So be it !!!!

To victory or to death !!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Larz said:

The 2 most exciting seasons I can remember were with Vinny and fitzmagic 

And how long did each of those successful seasons last?  One freakin' season.  That's it.  1999 and 2016 were massive disappointments. VT was never the same after the achilles injury and Fitztragic was just never any good.  You proved the case for the need for a franchise case rather than refute it. For me, the most exciting season in recent memory was 2002 because of the way the team rallied back from a 2-5 start to win the division, win a playoff game, and because it appeared that we found a franchise QB.  Even with Pennington's injury history, that team went on to three playoff appearances in 5 seasons.  

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

It's this way every year. The most positive fans become the most negative once reality hits. Granted, this is a little ahead of schedule lol.

Amazing isn’t it ? The usual suspects were on me like a pack of wolves a few weeks ago when I expressed , correctly , that I thought Zach sucked and we would be better off with a Jimmy G , Minshew type …these maniacs actual said they would rather lose with Zach than win 9-10 games with a “ stop gap “ ….10+ years posting I don’t come here to fight with children so I dropped it ..but it’s the same story from the same group every time..they get volatile quick 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, maury77 said:

Honestly, I just want to see the young guys play well. Ideally they can start winning games this year; however, If things don't pan out for JD/Saleh/Zach, I'd like to at least know that the team will have something to build on for the next administration. 

Pretty much

I’m not nearly as downtrodden thanks to recent events as many seem to be.

Sure, it sucks that our young QB won’t be out there for the first 3 or 4 games and my faith in Saleh being the coach to lead the team has undoubtedly been shaken, but I’m still pretty optimistic about this season.

This is still easily the most talented roster the Jets have assembled in a decade. And a large chunk of it is made up of dudes under 25.

The people who are acting like the Duane Brown news is the straw that broke the camels back are hysterical. Swap out Becton for Mitchell (who has legit starting RT potential) and this is literally the same OL everyone had such high hopes for heading into TC.

I’m not expecting a career resurgence from Flacco, but I don’t think it’s batsh*t crazy to believe that the guy can steer the ship for 3-4 games and get us at least 1 win along the way. This is probably the most offensive firepower he’s had at his disposal in his entire career and he still has the arm and the will to push the ball downfield and get guys like Moore and G. Wilson involved.

And unless Saleh and Ulbrich are total frauds, there’s no reason this defense shouldn’t make the jump to Top 15 status with the additions to the secondary and the collection of passrushing talent rotating along the DL.

I still say this is a 7-8 win team with the potential to start making some real noise in 2023 if Zach can at least prove to be adequate.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, slats said:

Order one of these, it changed my mental state immediately upon wearing it.

PVO.thumb.jpeg.e02ff0d04c4a4f5646abcc72bf0a50bd.jpeg

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

Any team that loses their QB1 and 2 starting tackles definitely hurts. Zach is the most important player to this franchise and he won’t be playing. It sucks. With that said we seem to be healthy everywhere else… happy DJ Reed will be playing. 

things I’m excited for: All the draft picks and year 2 players. Corey Davis and Carl Lawson!! How about the fact we have 4 tight ends all better than anything we’ve run out there since maybe Dustin Keller? Things I’m interested in watching but not excited about are safety and linebacker play. I’m fine with Flacco, won’t get too high or too low. Lets just somehow pull out a ******* win, any way possible I don’t care how. Give this fan base some hope. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Darnold was given 3 seasons and even Gase was given 2... Now people are so needy they want everyone fired after the first year... Jesus christ... Get a grip

Why????  I didn’t say fire anyone.   I have a grip. Our current team, front office, coaches and Zach deserve  a minimum of 2 more years, minimum.   

You throw out insults like internet tough guy.   Where did i say fire anyone?   Good day sir

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, slats said:

My sentiments as well for the most part. I was all-in on seeing what this team can do, given what the draft was, the return of Becton, and the moves in FA. Loved watching all the videos posted by the social media team of the Jets, and was getting stoked for the start of the season. The injury to Becton, then to Wilson, all but deflated me as well. As you pointed out, not that they're world-beaters, but I was excited to see how things could start to come together with them, and the new pieces, playing together. Now? Meh. 

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I hope everybody gets well soon.

Thanks. The worst is behind us. It’s our second time around. We had my son at the ER last week, his o2 dropped to about 90 and his asthma had him in a perpetual coughing fit. He’s good now. Everything since has been much milder.

• Sympathy 4

1 hour ago, slats said:

Zach isn’t the only person being evaluated over at One Jets Drive. Everyone is, from the head coach on down. As disappointed as I am that Zach isn’t starting the season, at least I can look at it like a scientific experiment where we remove one very significant variable -Zach- and replace him with a competent replacement level player in Flacco, and see how the offense performs for three games or so before Zach gets back. If Flacco’s steady hand can help the transitions of GWilson and Hall, all the better. By the time Zach comes back, the OL and the rest of the offense should at least be comfortable, and everyone will have a fair comparison of what Zach looks like out there following the known veteran. 

Last year the offense performed better under Flacco than Zach.  I think we are all hoping that was an aberration.  If the same thing happens this year when Zach returns, I think we'll have an unfortunate answer on him.  He needs to come in and elevate it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Thanks. The worst is behind us. It’s our second time around. We had my son at the ER last week, his o2 dropped to about 90 and his asthma had him in a perpetual coughing fit. He’s good now. Everything since has been much milder.

Glad everyone is ok man . 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sanchez went three and out like a million times in the Pittsburgh game 

And still he's better than Zach wilson 

Yes, but he played fantastic in the 2nd half and made me and so many others feel like we finally had our FQB. If we had gotten that ball back, we would have won that game. Oh, but our "great" defense couldn't get a stop. 

• Upvote 1