The Sad Story of My Once Positive Vibes

slats

1 minute ago, doitny said:

wow your really down on Flacco. he might not be Vinny 2.0 but hes not Luke Falk 2.0 either.

I don’t think he’s far off at this age.  I also don’t give a heaping pile of sh*t about winning games with him leading the way.

2 hours ago, slats said:

I’m still looking forward to Sunday, but it’s decidedly different. Zach’s injury took the wind out of my sails, not because I love the guy or anything but because whether he’s gonna be the guy or not is far and away the #1 question facing the entire organization. He needs to play so that that decision can be made. 

39 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You lost me at “Jimmy Garoppolo is not a game manager.”

These posts were really just a whole lot of words to reiterate that you think Saleh and Wilson suck for the 1,000,000th time.  That’s fine.  Hold that opinion if you want; but don’t sit here and pretend that you truly believe Jimmy G. is something that he, very clearly, isn’t to make that statement (again).  The guy threw 20 touchdowns in 17 games on a loaded team last year.  He won a playoff game going 16-25 for 172 yards and a pick.  If you look up game-manager in the dictionary, his handsome & gorgeous face would be there looking back and seducing you.  If you truly believe he wins 10 games with this team, you think the team is good.  Anything else is delusion regarding what Jimmy is. 

We can quibble over the definition of “game manager” all we want. The bottom line is that he’s an infinitely better QB than Zach Wilson is right now, and adding infinitely better QB play to most any team is going to increase their win total. 

5 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

I don’t know why we are even gonna play this game.    The sky is fallin. Jesus.   It’s the ******* Ravens. Not the steel curtain. Not the 85 bears. We have a shot.  Let’s GOJETS. 

Thank you for this. 

I don’t get the ravens hype at all. Seem like an 8-9 or 9-8 team to me. Roster is just ok. Kinda weird. Guess people are used to them being good or not looking at the injuries 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We can quibble over the definition of “game manager” all we want. The bottom line is that he’s an infinitely better QB than Zach Wilson is right now, and adding infinitely better QB play to most any team is going to increase their win total. 

Nobody was talking about Zach Wilson.  We were talking about how good the overall talent on the team was.  

You don’t get to proclaim that you think the talent and coaching staff is good enough to win 9-10 games with Jimmy G., when you thought that you got a personal Christmas gift via a Zach Wilson torn ACL, and then sh*t on people who were optimistic/hopeful for a good season in the span of a month because you now know he’s coming back and will play this year.  That, my friend, is called being a hypocrite.

2 hours ago, slats said:

I’m still looking forward to Sunday, but it’s decidedly different. Zach’s injury took the wind out of my sails, not because I love the guy or anything but because whether he’s gonna be the guy or not is far and away the #1 question facing the entire organization. He needs to play so that that decision can be made. 

I'm actually surprised it took the recent injury to question the QB position.  For me, it has been a question since Wilson was drafted.  I saw two QB's that were smart picks in that draft.  Lawrence and Mac Jones.  I had Wilson on my "do not draft" list.  The trail on that one is here for all to see.   I also had Becton on my "do not draft" list.

Thus far, I have not seen anything from Wilson to convince me he is not going to come up very short as an NFL QB.  He still plays with a college mindset.  Along with that, he seems to have trouble seeing the field from the pocket and he has a very low release point.

For me, I was already convinced that 2023 will see Joe Douglas go shopping in the draft for a new QB.

However, that understanding does not in any way leave me thinking that the Jets are not on the way to sustained good performances.  Douglas made mistakes his first year, but it appears he is a good learner and a quick learner.  The recent FA deals and draft show he's aware of what he has to do and more importantly, he has been making the right moves to build based on a good vision for both a good roster in the here and now, and the future budget situation to keep it going.

The team has a lot now.  It is not easy to land the right QB, but I think JD's new smarts will see him find the right guy in the coming off season.

I firmly believe we are going to see a lot of good team play and good individual play this season. 

I think although we will all be disappointed by Wilson's performance this season, we'll also see a winning management formula and a winning team taking shape.

You'll feel good about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t think he’s far off at this age.  I also don’t give a heaping pile of sh*t about winning games with him leading the way.

so that its.

we got to win games we cant hand it off to Zach 0-4. 

you must of hated it when Vinny T was here. i was just looking at his stats and before he got he he was horrible. and 35 yrs old. how much of that season did you miss before you came back. and we started 0-2. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nobody was talking about Zach Wilson.  We were talking about how good the overall talent on the team was.  

You don’t get to proclaim that you think the talent and coaching staff is good enough to win 9-10 games with Jimmy G., when you thought that you got a personal Christmas gift via a Zach Wilson torn ACL, and then sh*t on people who were optimistic/hopeful for a good season in the span of a month because you now know he’s coming back and will play this year.  That, my friend, is called being a hypocrite.

To clarify, this regime is bad *because* it chooses to draft suckbags like Becton and Zach Wilson and waste kilowatts of organizational energy simply trying to get them on the football field. This is the hallmark of doomed coaching staffs forever: “Oh, this guys sucks? Let me shoehorn them onto the field for the vast majority of my one shot to be a head football coach before I get shackled to a the B-desk at Fox Sports next to Brady Quinn for the rest of my life.” 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

so that its.

we got to win games we cant hand it off to Zach 0-4. 

you must of hated it when Vinny T was here. i was just looking at his stats and before he got he he was horrible. and 35 yrs old. how much of that season did you miss before you came back. and we started 0-2. 

Why do we have to win games for Zach?  This year was never about making the playoffs.  It was about finding out whether or not he’s the answer at QB, and improving from last year.

Furthermore, you can hang on to this “Flacco is Vinny, Vinny is Flacco” dream all you want.  He isn’t, and I’m not rooting for him to be.  I don’t care about Flacco.  He may not be here next year, let alone the next few years.  Again, the games he plays and wins are as useless and meaningless as his roster spot.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To clarify, this regime is bad *because* it chooses to draft suckbags like Becton and Zach Wilson and waste kilowatts of organizational energy simply trying to get them on the football field. This is the hallmark of doomed coaching staffs forever: “Oh, this guys sucks? Let me shoehorn them onto the field for the vast majority of my one shot to be a head football coach before I get shackled to a the B-desk at Fox Sports next to Brady Quinn for the rest of my life.” 

And, like I said, this wasn’t your energy when you were giddy about Zach potentially shredding his knee.  Then it was, as Saleh puts it, PVO, because you thought we might trade for Garoppolo or play the other “suckbag” named Mike White.  Then you had the rug pulled out from you, realized Wilson is going to play, and this team/staff suddenly suck again so everyone who was optimistic was blindly so?  That’s hypocrisy.

And, like I said, this wasn’t your energy when you were giddy about Zach potentially shredding his knee.  Then it was, as Saleh puts it, PVO, because you thought we might trade for Garoppolo or play the other “suckbag” named Mike White.  Then you had the rug pulled out from you, realized Wilson is going to play, and this team and staff suddenly suck again?

I think the regime would be *better* if they had the capacity to say, “wow we ****ed up horribly, let’s correct a mistake that we made while we can, as God has shown us we should do time and again by sending deadly blades of grass to injure our baby-bodied draft bust quarterback.” But alas, the fact that they seem to lack this capacity makes me think that they will never reach their potential as a staff and will simply doom themselves forever. To steal a quote from my guidance counselor, “you can have all the potential in the world and still ******* suck if you don’t get your sh*t together.”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the regime would be *better* if they had the capacity to say, “wow we ****ed up horribly, let’s correct a mistake that we made while we can, as God has shown us we should do time and again by sending deadly blades of grass to injure our baby-bodied draft bust quarterback.” But alas, the fact that they seem to lack this capacity makes me think that they will never reach their potential as a staff and will simply doom themselves forever. To steal a quote from my guidance counselor, “you can have all the potential in the world and still ******* suck if you don’t get your sh*t together.”

They shadow benched him. It's a start. Perfect is the enemy of the good, Tom.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

They shadow benched him. It's a start. Perfect is the enemy of the good, Tom.

I cannot get there with the “shadow benching” idea. They wouldn’t do that to open the season. They’d eventually IR him mid season like they did with Darnold if they were so inclined to put him on the bench

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Query: what if they already know?

They don’t, but for arguments sake, start White or Streveler for all I care.  Why the f*ck are we trotting out an AARP member who has no future here?  I think White blows and Streveler probably isn’t the answer either, but the .0000000001% chance they have of becoming something is far better for this franchise than trotting out Joe Flacco to rack up stats for Elijah Moore or Garrett Wilson in a 35-10 blowout.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the regime would be *better* if they had the capacity to say, “wow we ****ed up horribly, let’s correct a mistake that we made while we can, as God has shown us we should do time and again by sending deadly blades of grass to injure our baby-bodied draft bust quarterback.”

This might be my biggest problem with the regime

Everybody makes mistakes

Just own up to them, fold ‘em and wait for the next deal instead of going all in on a losing hand 

they are hell bent on doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on Zach Wilson 

It’s so foolish not only for the sake of this team but from a career building POV if you’re JD or BS

Maybe they’ve banked their money at this point and simply don’t care

They don’t, but for arguments sake, start White or Streveler for all I care.  Why the f*ck are we trotting out an AARP member who has no future here?  I think White blows and Streveler probably isn’t the answer either, but the .0000000001% chance they have of becoming something is far better for this franchise than trotting out Joe Flacco to rack up stats for Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson in a 35-10 blowout.

I’d say it’s pretty important to everyone involved to have Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore put up some good statistical games.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I cannot get there with the “shadow benching” idea. They wouldn’t do that to open the season. They’d eventually IR him mid season like they did with Darnold if they were so inclined to put him on the bench

I guess I can also accept that the Jets are utterly incompetent.

But shutting him down for the exact number of weeks to stave off calls to IR him... I don't trust what this team says one bit.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They don’t, but for arguments sake, start White or Streveler for all I care.  Why the f*ck are we trotting out an AARP member who has no future here?  I think White blows and Streveler probably isn’t the answer either, but the .0000000001% chance they have of becoming something is far better for this franchise than trotting out Joe Flacco to rack up stats for Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson in a 35-10 blowout.

Simply, they think Flacco gives them the best chance to win or develop the wessaponzz. One can certainly disagree on that assessment, but that's why. Maybe there's more pressure to show results than we believe.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d say it’s pretty important to everyone involved to have Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore put up some good statistical games.

Why?  So we can circlejerk ourselves about how “bright” the future is once we find a QB because they put up numbers when the Ravens, Browns, Bills, etc. stopped trying after they’ve already shut them and the offense down for the majority of the game?  I’d rather take the gamble on White or Streveler.  If they can’t put up garbage time stats too, they don’t belong in the league anyway.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Why?  So we can circlejerk ourselves about how “bright” the future is once we find a QB because they put up numbers when the Ravens, Browns, Bills, etc. stop trying after they’ve already shut them and the offense down for the majority of the game?  I’d rather take the gamble on White or Streveler.  If they can’t put up garbage time stats too, they don’t belong in the league anyway.

Not saying you're wrong, but trying to answer your question of "why?" That's the most logical reason I could think of.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Why?  So we can circlejerk ourselves about how “bright” the future is once we find a QB because they put up numbers when the Ravens, Browns, Bills, etc. stopped trying after they’ve already shut them and the offense down for the majority of the game?  I’d rather take the gamble on White or Streveler.  If they can’t put up garbage time stats too, they don’t belong in the league anyway.

It’s pretty wild that you’re so upset that Zach Wilson has one foot in the grave that you just want to see the whole franchise burn, and yet you’re yelling at us for being bad fans. 

• Haha 4

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’s pretty wild that you’re so upset that Zach Wilson has one foot in the grave that you just want to see the whole franchise burn, and yet you’re yelling at us for being bad fans. 

It's this way every year. The most positive fans become the most negative once reality hits. Granted, this is a little ahead of schedule lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

I guess I can also accept that the Jets are utterly incompetent.

But shutting him down for the exact number of weeks to stave off calls to IR him... I don't trust what this team says one bit.

Team Wilson stepped in. If I was Saleh, I’d meet Connor Hughes in a dark corner of a diner in Piscataway and tell him all about how I was sideswiped by several levels of Wilson family ****ery and how pissed I am about it, but also how I’m an anonymous source close to Robert Saleh.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Team Wilson stepped in. If I was Saleh, I’d meet Connor Hughes in a dark corner of a diner in Piscataway and tell him all about how I was sideswiped by several levels of Wilson family ****ery and how pissed I am about it, but also how I’m an anonymous source close to Robert Saleh.

If Team Wilson stepped in, how can you not try to trade him ASAP? His value ain't going up with more tape.