The Sad Story of My Once Positive Vibes

slats

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It's this way every year. The most positive fans become the most negative once reality hits. Granted, this is a little ahead of schedule lol.

It’s the weirdness of wanting to tank the whole thing because their one thing didn’t go their way. That’s gotta be stressful

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

If Team Wilson stepped in, how can you not try to trade him ASAP? His value ain't going up with more tape.

They absolutely should, but they need him to put a few passable weeks on tape to recoup any kind of return, but if he puts a few good weeks on tape, they’d probably be pressured to keep him. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s pretty wild that you’re so upset that Zach Wilson has one foot in the grave that you just want to see the whole franchise burn, and yet you’re yelling at us for being bad fans. 

You didn’t read anything I said.  It has nothing to do with Wilson.  It has everything to do with not finding a young franchise QB.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s the weirdness of wanting to tank the whole thing because their one thing didn’t go their way. That’s gotta be stressful

I have often mused about how the fans who support the succession of failed Jets QBs have somehow branded themself the "positive" ones when each QB requires ever-escalating denouncements of the rest of the Jets players, coaches, and front office to excuse away the on-field atrocity.

"We are a competent QB away from not sucking" is a helluva lot more positive than either "The team sucks so bad we failed the QB" or "No matter what QB we draft they will fail here because the Jets couldn't develop a Polaroid."

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

The 2 most exciting seasons I can remember were with Vinny and fitzmagic 

Exactly. I've got nothing against drafting QBs and failing. Gotta take those shots. But in today's NFL with the rookie wage scale it's malfeasance not to also have a Trubisky-type on board.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I have often mused about how the fans who support the succession of failed Jets QBs have somehow branded themself the "positive" ones when each QB requires ever-escalating denouncements of the rest of the Jets players, coaches, and front office to excuse away the on-field atrocity.

They should try putting 25 good to great players on the field and then taking a shot on a young QB. Almost worked with Sanchez! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would really like to bang Emma Stone, but I don’t want a comet to destroy the Earth because it’s exceedingly unlikely I’ll ever bang Emma Stone.

"You'd rather the Jets fail than see the new QB succeed because you were skeptical about him pre-draft and you don't want to eat crow on the Internet!!!!"

Ironic.

• Sympathy 1

I would really like to bang Emma Stone, but I don’t want a comet to destroy the Earth because it’s exceedingly unlikely I’ll ever bang Emma Stone.

Then you’re doing this whole existential meltdown thing wrong.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

They should try putting 25 good to great players on the field and then taking a shot on a young QB. Almost worked with Sanchez! 

At least take multiple, parallel shots at the same time like the best-managed team in the NFL, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

The 2 most exciting seasons I can remember were with Vinny and fitzmagic 

And what do you have to show for them?  An AFC Championship Game participant game trophy, no franchise QBs since, and a week 17 collapse against the coach you fired a year prior to miss the playoffs.  

Congratulations ?!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And Tannenbaum is vilified here. He correctly assessed that the Jets had a window and went all-in.

The Sanchez extension was an atrocity, but it's not the only decision he made here.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And what do you have to show for them?  An AFC Championship Game participant game trophy, no franchise QBs since, and a week 17 collapse against the coach you fired a year prior to miss the playoffs.  

Congratulations ?!

If only we had Doc Brown's DeLoreon, we could see the result before deciding whether to try.

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Congratulations ?!

What do you have to show for the top 5 busts ?  Who has the better approach, the Jets or the Rams ?

Just now, jgb said:

And Tannenbaum is vilified here. He correctly assessed that the Jets had a window and went all-in.

The Sanchez extension was an atrocity, but it's not the only decision he made here.

If only we had Doc Brown's DeLoreon, we could see the result before deciding whether to try.

If I had Doc’s whip, I would have gone back in time and found a way to stop Ryan Fitzpatrick from ever being named the starter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Larz said:

What do you have to show for the top 5 busts ?  Who has the better approach, the Jets or the Rams ?

Where is our Matthew Stafford coming from because, honey, if you think Flacco has a remote chance of playing to Matt’s level from last year, you can just read this and not reply.

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

A team can both be massively overrated and vaporize the Jets into amino acid marmalade.

People are just so hung up on Zach and Brown that they are not realizing just how strong our roster is and how loaded our offense is, nor are they realizing how overrated the Ravens are.  And Lamar is absolutely declining. Anything can happen on a Sunday so the Jets could get blown out but I think we are slight favorites in this game.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

People are just so hung up on Zach and Brown that they are not realizing just how strong our roster is and how loaded our offense is, nor are they realizing how overrated the Ravens are.  And Lamar is absolutely declining. Anything can happen on a Sunday so the Jets could get blown out but I think we are slight favorites in this game.

Yeah... I'm not ready to declare the draft a hit sitting here 3 days before the first game of the season.

• Upvote 1