The Sad Story of My Once Positive Vibes

slats

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Yes, but he played fantastic in the 2nd half and made me and so many others feel like we finally had our FQB. If we had gotten that ball back, we would have won that game. Oh, but our "great" defense couldn't get a stop. 

Yeah the defense couldn't get a stop because they played 26 of the first 30 minutes of the first half and were gassed. 

It's a football team everything has an effect on everything else 

As for @slatsthread title I too had a positive vibes only resolution.

It lasted about 2 weeks. 

The Jets have a better roster than last year but a more difficult schedule. I hope they can be competitive but I expect them to get smeared for the first month 

• Upvote 2

Just now, SickJetFan said:

depends on what year they would have been drafted here - Marino/Brees/Manning would definately had success esp Manning with Parcells

Mahomes/Allen would have to have survived the coaching circus - Allen took a while to dev sooooo chances are NO

If we drafted Mahomes, Bowles would likely still be HC.

Allen is such a crazy outlier in terms of career start to what he has become, the alternative timeline is very difficult to pin down.

Just now, jgb said:

If we drafted Mahomes, Bowles would likely still be HC.

Allen is such a crazy outlier in terms of career start to what he has become, the alternative timeline is very difficult to pin down.

right and Bowles def minded coach didnt even go in the OC office not sure he knew the guys names either

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No it wasn’t and I’ve already outlined why, but you stay thinking that.

Geno had a perfect passer rating against Miami.

All QBs drafted in the front of the draft can “flash” — absent the outrageous and rare whiffs like Hackenberg who is IIRC the only 1st or 2nd rd QB to not appear in a game — it’s the barest of requirements to be a highly-drafted QB. Consistency is what separates the long-term starters from the bums.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You telling me those games were fun compared to an actual win where our hopeful young QB is all I need to know, lmfao.

Thank you.

He had one good game out of 13.  If he had stacked some decent games you'd have a point.  He didn't.  He was QB32 last year and it wasn't close.  He's not the guy.  Move on.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You made a real convincing case.  Green Bay's defense being #NotGreat was super meaningful.  I forgot that the 2021 Titans D was a powerhouse.

They were certainly better than Green Bay.  You’re a stats guy, right?  Why don’t you take a gander at what Cincinnati was ranked last year when the great Mike White lit them up.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Geno had a perfect passer rating against Miami.

All QBs drafted in the front of the draft can “flash” — absent the outrageous and rare whiffs like Hackenberg — it’s the barest of requirements to be a highly-drafted QB. Consistency is what separates the long-term starters from the bums.

Right, kinda like how Mike White lit up the 26th ranked defense last year by checking down.  Then he proceeded to fill a package of Huggies when he played the Bills.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

They were certainly better than Green Bay.  You’re a stats guy, right?  Why don’t you take a gander at what Cincinnati was ranked last year when the great Mike White lit them up.

And yet it was the first 400+ yard performance in a Jets win in 25 years.  I'll take it.  The fact that we're even debating Mike White/Joe Flacco/Josh Johnson and a # 2 overall pick with a supposed cannon for an arm is the sad part of all this. 

The Mike White stuff was mostly tongue-in-cheek and you know it.  Basically no one actually believes he can be a FQB.  But Wilson is supposed to be decidedly better and he's decidedly not.

• Upvote 3

Right, kinda like how Mike White lit up the 26th ranked defense last year by checking down.  Then he proceeded to fill a package of Huggies when he played the Bills.

Exactly. And that was a brighter flash than any Jets QB in the last 20 years. This is why flashes don't mean sh*t. 

My response to any flash is: Do it again.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He had one good game out of 13.  If he had stacked some decent games you'd have a point.  He didn't.  He was QB32 last year and it wasn't close.  He's not the guy.  Move on.  

I will, when I know that for sure.  If Wilson busts, he won’t be the first and probably won’t be the last.  In the meantime I think I’ll just do what everyone else who sh*t on me over the last year for rooting for him to succeed did, and actively root against Joe Flacco to succeed.

I will, when I know that for sure.  If Wilson busts, he won’t be the first and probably won’t be the last.  In the meantime I think I’ll just do what everyone else who sh*t on me over the last year for rooting for him to succeed did, and actively root against Joe Flacco to succeed.

As is your right. We'll mark you down on never being able to question anyone's fandom ever again.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've never actively rooted for a young QB to fail.  They just do.  But keep believing that the rest of us are #FakeFans

It's amazing that the difference between "want" and "predict" still needs to be explained to adults. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Really?  It wasn’t close?  
Have to stop with just throwing shlt out there 

Just now, jgb said:

As is your right. We'll mark you down on never being able to question anyone's fandom ever again.

The difference between you and I, is I don’t question anyones fandom.  People should be able to root for whatever it is that they want.  There’s no such thing as a “superior” fan.  The fact that the group that made this place a miserable suckhole last year for people who just want the team to find a young, long-term answer for a decades old problem suddenly has their panties in a bunch because some have decided to say “I don’t want or care about Joe Flacco” is so ironic that you almost can’t believe it.

Just now, Mogglez said:

The difference between you and I, is I don’t question anyones fandom.  People should be able to root for whatever it is that they want.  There’s no such thing as a “superior” fan.  The fact that the group that made this place a miserable suckhole last year for people who just want the team to find a young, long-term answer for a decades old problem suddenly has their panties in a bunch because some have decided to say “I don’t want or care about Joe Flacco” is so ironic that you almost can’t believe it.

When have I questioned anyone's fandom, again?

You can tell yourself that all you want.  It’s not true.

You can kindly GFY if you think that after all the years I've been posting here and been a Jets fan.  

If I display any "glee" it's the knowledge that I was right, NOT the knowledge that the QB sucks.  I'd rather be wrong 1,000x more than be able to say "told ya so".  Being right just happens to be the consolation prize.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can kindly GFY if you think that after all the years I've been posting here and been a Jets fan.  

If I display any "glee" it's the knowledge that I'm right, NOT the knowledge that the QB sucks.  I'd rather be wrong 1,000x more than be able to say "told ya so".

Sure you would.

Yeah.  I've been a Jets fan for 26 years, attended the last 2 home playoff games a lifetime ago all for some jackass to say I'm a fake fan just because....what.....he has connections and I do not?  Or because he wants to believe his boy toy QB we all said would suck doesn't actually suck?

Was it worth it?  We're not real life friends but I at least thought a few people here were "internet friends".  Mogglez being one of them.  Guess not.

Sad day.  F**kface.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Screenshotting a PM I just sent to Mogglez before he gets the chance to, because i know he does that:

image.png

I have never screenshot a PM other than DWC was threatening me for posting about his tirade here on the forum before he was a permabanned but ok.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah.  I've been a Jets fan for 26 years, attended the last 2 home playoff games a lifetime ago all for some jackass to say I'm a fake fan just because....what.....he has connections and I do not?  Or because he wants to believe his boy toy QB we all said would suck doesn't actually suck?

Was it worth it?  We're not real life friends but I at least thought a few people here were "internet friends".  Mogglez being one of them.  Guess not.

Sad day.  F**kface.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll expect an apology before interacting with you again.  And yeah, this is what a f**king meltdown looks like.  I'll calm down in a bit.  Have at it with the insults and jokes, JN.  I'll deserve it on the other side.  Don't care at the moment.

Calm down and read your pms.  I’m sorry and have apologized.  A lot is boiling over.  We’ll just resolve it there.

• Upvote 1