The Sad Story of My Once Positive Vibes

slats

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All Flacco has to do is throw for 235 and a TD and it’ll be a great performance, right? 

No T0m.  Everyone is conflating me wanting a young franchise QB with having low expectations and making excuses.  If Zach sucks, I’ll gladly move on to the next one.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The chances of Zach Wilson being good was always around 9.2%. Definitely not worth gambling web-based friendships over. Save that for the next bad quarterback draft pick, amigos. 

I don’t want that either and wish to keep it in the PMs between ’80 and I.

One thing I will admit is that I shouldn’t have accused anyone of being a fake fan but let frustrations boil over.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There seems to be two sets of expectations, though: Zach Wilson has to do the bare minimum to meet expectations, but a guy throwing for 400 yards and three TDs simply isn’t good enough; a third stringer throwing for 300 yards and two TDs doesn’t count, Flacco going for 300 while making Elijah Moore look like a stud doesn’t count. But Zach Wilson throwing for 100 yards and no picks against the Jaguars? Ooh baby. So good.

My issue with Flacco is, and has always been, age. Starting White, I have already said, is something would be perfectly fine with.

Quibbling over stats is all in good fun, but the one thing we should all agree on, regardless of which young QB we’re trotting out, is improved consistency.  Flacco gives you that, sure, but he’s not going to be here, so I’d rather take the lumps with Wilson, White, Streveler, etc. and hope anyone of them can develop that.  It shouldn’t come as a surprise that someone like Joe provides that, but there WAS a time in his career where that wasn’t the case.

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

The Positive Vibes are still here.

The worst QB in the NFL is not playing Sunday.

The QB for the opposing team is pissed at his FO.

We have a new Defense in regard to personnel.

We are going for wins this year.

image.png.298a91265d10cb7351f1a870034b97c6.png

Let’s hope Fant’s ankle is ok

If he and his agent were smart they’d hit up JD for that extension now 

Max Mitchell is…

Game Show Trivia GIF by NBC

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, johnnysd said:

People are just so hung up on Zach and Brown that they are not realizing just how strong our roster is and how loaded our offense is, nor are they realizing how overrated the Ravens are.  And Lamar is absolutely declining. Anything can happen on a Sunday so the Jets could get blown out but I think we are slight favorites in this game.

You’re delusional.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There seems to be two sets of expectations, though: Zach Wilson has to do the bare minimum every third game to meet expectations, but a guy throwing for 400 yards and three TDs simply isn’t good enough; a third stringer throwing for 300 yards and two TDs doesn’t count, Flacco going for 300 while making Elijah Moore look like a stud doesn’t count. But Zach Wilson throwing for 100 yards and no picks against the Jaguars? Ooh baby. So good.

That poor overlooked 3rd string was asswooped by a 4th stringer.

If Mike White had played half as good this preseason as Stev did I'd be saying play him but he didnt,  He had yet another chance in PS 3 games to show he is an NFL QB and he could move the offense against future Home Depot manages as everyone luvs to say.  He has had how many PS games to prove he belongs in NFL and has come up short again and again and again - he seemed worse this PS? uninspiring play.  He hit lightning in bottle one time with dinks and dunks with huge YAC.  Even this last PS game Berriuos TD was a 1 yard pass that turned to 20yard td. that Saleh was so impressed with because he listen to his little friend calling the play.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He went 13 of 17 for 170 yards and two scores the last game he played. I know that’s not as impressive as going 3 of 5 for 27 yards, a pick, and a two-month injury, but math has never been my strong suit

nice cherry pick

he was 10/20 98 yards 0 TD eagles game

he was 12/17 90 yards 0 TD against the ******* falcons

he also stalled on last 2/3 drives in that Giants game so Stev had to come in and start moving the off for him