Jets Place T Duane Brown On IR Call Up T Grant Hermanns

jetsrule128

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Can someone explain how this is possible? So this guy just got hurt in practice for us? We either just have the worst luck ever or this guy was already hurt and our medical staff sucks again...as always...I mean holy crap

I honestly believe that this is something that our owner should be looking into.  I mean, Joe Douglas can't perform the medicals.  All he can do is find the players, have them take the physicals, and believe the medical professionals when they say okay.  That would be true of ANY general manager, not just Joe Douglas.

But this has gotten COMPLETELY out of hand for this team in the last five years.  The number of injuries warrants an investigation into the competency of this medical staff. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He was injured Monday.  
He signed, practiced and played in the preseason.  
Blaming the medical staff is old.  Everything that goes wrong doesn’t have to have a villain to blame 

Dude, come on.  The number of injuries this team has incurred over the past 5-7 years is completely unacceptable.  

You can chalk a few injuries up to football.  You can chalk up a lot in one season as bad luck.  But CONTINUALLY having these issues for a decade?

Sorry, but something stinks here.  If not the medical staff, then what?  The turf?  Three different GM's?  Three different coaches?  Dozens of players?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

It is a known fact that the Jets medical staff is incompetent.  They are under contract for at least another year.   Woody can’t terminate the contract without eating $, and they won’t quit.  So we have to wait it out until the contract expires.  

Watch the medical team change when the contract expires….

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Grant Hermanns.  UDFA out of Purdue.  The guy was tough enough to take on Michael Clemons in training camp.  I don't don't know if that means he has guts.  Or he is just plain crazy.

Geno also had a "brief fight" with IK Enemkpali.

mike tyson fight GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, varjet said:

I have been thinking about this.  

The big issue here was what JD and the Jets medical staff were thinking about the condition of Becton’s knee and Becton generally.   Neither were obviously ready.  They should have known what they had in April.  Maybe that meant a different draft and free agent approach.   

But this entire situation is a black mark on the organization generally.  We will be drafting another QB this Spring. 

Left Tackle on IR thread - Let's find a way to blast the QB.

Good stuff JN.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Said we needed two tackles signed when it obvious what Becton was. Extreme negligence.

Moses should have been resigned with assurances that he would start.

What makes you think Moses wouldn’t have gotten hurt?

He was injured Monday.  
Blaming the medical staff is old.  Everything that goes wrong doesn’t have to have a villain to blame 
Apparently our defense is kicking ass and taking out tackles

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I think it's pretty clear.  Brown came here to block for Wilson - was excited about the potential in the offense..

But when he went down Brown had a phantom, practice injury - where they don't even really hit - because he has no interest in playing for a team that can't win and blocking for Joe "the statue" Flacco

He'll sit out for four weeks on IR and come back for Zach.

That seems obvious to me, bordering on fact.  If you don't believe that you're obviously an irrational homer.

(See how that works guys - sure, it's fun but it's easy and weak)

Captain worst takes 

• Haha 4

Yeah, how football works
Unless you can explain how he passed a physical, practiced, played in a preseason game, practice another week and then injures his shoulder and it’s the medical staffs fault.
Not really going to make me feel better if someone is to blame but it’s not
He was born in 1983.

Why are you still explaining? Isn't that explanation enough?

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

To all you jerks who claim to follow the team and have knowledge of

the players and were surprised by Hermanns being promoted-

Hermanns played on the right side last year and was the most impressive

of our young linemen  Becton & AVT included, he's a tough son of a bitch

who plays to the whistle and even after. This preseason he was moved to

the left side and did a nice job pass blocking, looking more natural at LT

than Saints #1 Trevor Penning . Hermanns is 6'7 1/2 and was 300, I

wouldn't be surprised if he was 315. The most important metric of an

O lineman are his agility #S and Herms had an impressive 4.58 shuttle

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Captain worst takes 

What, you don't think that's exactly what happened?

Obviously I was joking, but this is the type of sh*t that this board does with Wilson - just about anything negative that happens to the Jets, someone finds a way to blame it on Zach - and the rest just latch and pile on.  And it's annoying.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Joe Douglas is an incredible GM.

What's incredible is that after 3 seasons as GM, Joe Douglas and the Jets are still looking for a starting tackle.  

If Joe Douglas doesn't draft a tackle in rounds 1 or 2 next year, then I'm just lost.

Dude, come on.  The number of injuries this team has incurred over the past 5-7 years is completely unacceptable.  
You can chalk a few injuries up to football.  You can chalk up a lot in one season as bad luck.  But CONTINUALLY having these issues for a decade?
Sorry, but something stinks here.  If not the medical staff, then what?  The turf?  Three different GM's?  Three different coaches?  Dozens of players?
Different coaches, Different players....

Same Turf

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What, you don't think that's exactly what happened?

Obviously I was joking, but this is the type of sh*t that this board does with Wilson - just about anything negative that happens to the Jets, someone finds a way to blame it on Zach - and the rest just latch and pile on.  And it's annoying.

Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He was injured Monday.  

It's either the medical staff is grossly incompetent, or our luck is shockingly horrible. This guy is supposed to be an iron man type. And yet he comes here and is on IR before playing a meaningful down for us.

I'm not religious or superstitious, but this team has some crazy-ass level of bad juju. 

• Upvote 1

I think many see Duane Brown on IR and think there is a chance he comes back after 4 weeks…

Since he’s a tackle, I can’t see him playing through a rotator cuff injury after 4 weeks of rehab given the range of motion required in pass protection.  

It would be better to think - probably out for the year and move on intellectually and emotionally.

Thank goodness we don’t have much dead cap $, since the $ on injured reserve are starting to climb.

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

It's either the medical is grossly incompetent, or our luck is shockingly horrible. This guy is supposed to be an iron man type. And yet he comes here and is on IR before playing a meaningful down for us.

I'm not religious or superstitious, but this team has some crazy-ass level of bad juju. 

It’s the luck. Never seen anything like it. Straight outta a horror movie.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, how football works

Unless you can explain how he passed a physical, practiced, played in a preseason game, practice another week and then injures his shoulder and it’s the medical staffs fault.

Generally I'd agree, but apparently this is the new guy in charge of the Jets medical staff...

bill belichick celebrity GIF by NBA

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Signing a 37 year old tackle was always going to work out. JD once again fails to fix the line. It proves to be his Achilles heel.

I love these responses...

No, the position was addressed in the draft, they've been also developing players on the roster. Hermanns was actually on the team last year, but apparently all the fans that love to bitch and moan don't even know he's been with the team for two years. In training camp, Hermanns actually rotated with the starters when Becton first went down.

When the starter and his signed back up go down to injury, and yes, extremely unfortunate if not unlucky, you don't say the GM didn't address the position. 

But JD did address it, just like he addressed many other positions. Our starter tomorrow was actually drafted in the 4th round. That is actually a GOOD thing, and a GOOD reflection on Douglas that the player is much further along than the team anticipated.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jNYC1 said:

I think many see Duane Brown on IR and think there is a chance he comes back after 4 weeks…

Since he’s a tackle, I can’t see him playing through a rotator cuff injury after 4 weeks of rehab given the range of motion required in pass protection.  

It would be better to think - probably out for the year and move on intellectually and emotionally.

Thank goodness we don’t have much dead cap $, since the $ on injured reserve are starting to climb.

That is exactly what is being reported, that he is out 4 weeks, the team expects him to return at some point. It's not all bad!

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Signing a 37 year old tackle was always going to work out. JD once again fails to fix the line. It proves to be his Achilles heel.

There is no arguing against this. Joe Douglas has once again failed to put a cohesive offensive line together. We have players switching positions at both guard AND tackle, multiple times at that. This all stems from putting all of their eggs in one basket. Becton needed to be seen as value added, and not the answer at tackle. Joe Douglas botched at least the start of the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

There is no arguing against this. Joe Douglas has once again failed to put a cohesive offensive line together. We have players switching positions at both guard AND tackle, multiple times at that. This all stems from putting all of their eggs in one basket. Becton needed to be seen as value added, and not the answer at tackle. Joe Douglas botched at least the start of the season.

He took a gamble.  Becton has not worked out, but they would have a huge hole at corner, if they took another tackle

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, how football works

Hey look I wasn't being my usual sarcastic ass hole of a self there nut ball. I was saying that, having bad luck IS believable. 

But....I could go with the injury went under the radar...but it's just nuts how we are plagued by injury 

• Upvote 1