Jets Place T Duane Brown On IR Call Up T Grant Hermanns

jetsrule128

7 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Bla, bla, bla.  2019 is over.  Get over it.  New team, new results.

J E T S , Jets, Jets, Jets 

LFGJ

I would be feeling a lot better were it not for the 1st quarter of our 1st preseason game - was as SOJ a moment that we've ever witnessed in a preseason. 

If we're truly different now- we need to show it immediately.  

7 hours ago, pajet said:

That's fine to say that, and in general I would agree if it were an outlier.   However, historically, the Jets medical staff has screwed this stuff up.   Just in the past year or two off the top of my head (and I have practically given up and barely pay attention other than following this site), you have a 2 week becton injury last year and he was out for the year.   A becton injury in training camp this year which was reported to be nothing and is again out for this year.   A knee injury to the QB which was supposed to be max  4 weeks which is now at LEAST 2 months.   Add in a newly signed offensive veteran offensive lineman all of the sudden injuring his shoulder less than a week after he was signed.   I'm sure those that follow more closely could add a lot more....put please dont tell me at least some of this is not on the medical staff not having a clue.

Historically the Jets have screwed up signings?  
How did the staff screw up Becton?  He wasn’t injured in college, wasn’t injured as a rookie other than getting dinged up in season, has nothing to do with their medical staff.  Last year?  You dreamed that a dislocated knee cap, a patella injury was a 2 week injury?  What medical school did you graduate from?  Did they cover where every individual is different, heals differently?  This year?  He cracked a bone.  
Now ZW.  Where did anyone tell you it was 4 week injury, MAX?  It was a 2-4 injury for a miniscus.  They said from day 1 that the bone bruise could change that timeline.  You didn’t read that part.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How did the staff screw up Becton?  He wasn’t injured in college, wasn’t injured as a rookie other than getting dinged up in season, has nothing to do with their medical staff.  Last year?  You dreamed that a dislocated knee cap, a patella injury was a 2 week injury?  What medical school did you graduate from?  Did they cover where every individual is different, heals differently?  This year?  He cracked a bone.  
Now ZW.  Where did anyone tell you it was 4 week injury, MAX?  It was a 2-4 injury for a miniscus.  They said from day 1 that the bone bruise could change that timeline.  You didn’t read that part.  

The only reason ZW isn’t playing is because the OL is a complete question mark 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

This seems to be a good article on the subject.  You have to wonder, when the Jets are consistently one of the most injured teams, why they have not been looking into the matter.  Perhaps there really is something to the condition of the field, as multiple players on opposing teams have called that out.  However, if that were the case, you would think the Giants would see tons of injuries too.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/06/24/ny-jets-injuries-analysis-solution/

One team called out the field.  SF complained when they lost multiple players to their roster.  Said the field could have been the issue.  It was a brand new field, turf had been replaced.  It already was approved by the NFL group that tests field surfaces and they retested it and was fine.  

That link brings up Lawson, he wasn’t injured at Met Life.  Brought up Becton, injured in Carolina.  Maye was injured in Indy.  

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

The only reason ZW isn’t playing is because the OL is a complete question mark 

Based on what?  They weren’t a question mark in the preseason.  Two games with Mitchell at RT.  How many sacks did they give up?  None? 

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One team called out the field.  SF complained when they lost multiple players to their roster.  Said the field could have been the issue.  It was a brand new field, turf had been replaced.  It already was approved by the NFL group that tests field surfaces and they retested it and was fine.  

That link brings up Lawson, he wasn’t injured at Met Life.  Brought up Becton, injured in Carolina.  Maye was injured in Indy.  

I remember at least three teams complaining over the past few years, but I am not going to find the links.  Anywho....

We'll just agree to chalk it up to their is nothing wrong, and the Jets have been the unluckiest team in the past decade when it comes to injuries.

57 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I remember at least three teams complaining over the past few years, but I am not going to find the links.  Anywho....

We'll just agree to chalk it up to their is nothing wrong, and the Jets have been the unluckiest team in the past decade when it comes to injuries.

They laid down new turf.  
I don’t think you’ll find the Jets to be the unluckiest team in the NFL the past decade.  Just as Becton, Maye and others getting injured outside of Met Life doesn’t help the idea that it’s the stadiums fault

11 hours ago, sackdance said:

D'B & Mangold are fully retired.

Duane Brown was just about retired when we lured him back into the game. Please manage all expectations with this guy. We dragged another former All-Pro (center) out of retirement two seasons ago. He sucked so bad I forget his name. I'm not saying a fully past prime Brown will be a disaster, but who can be surprised by shaky results from desperate moves.

It's not even the expectation he might be good or not just the uncanny injury rate bestowed upon our o line. It's just crazy all these injuries.

I remember  that center. Kalil, Cahill something like that. Man he was awful

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wasn't Osemele injured as soon as he got here?   Again, I don't follow closely enough, but what I do remember seems suspicious.   The JETS said Becton's injury last year was only a couple of weeks, not me.   I have to think that was based on the JETS medical staff's evaluation.   The JETS kept saying he would be back before he was finally out fo the year.   The JETS said they were comfortable with his progress during the offseason.  The JETS said this years injury was nothing and he would be back quickly.   Well, I guess they made progress, since they figured out it was season ending before the season started....Great job....your right, I have complete confidence in the Jets medical staff....thanks for setting me straight.    And oh by the way it was the JETS saying that Wilson had a chance to start...gamesmenship....sure ok, lets go with that.