Train into NYC

Hoping to get a little advice on taking the train into NYC. We don't get to the city often, but when we have, we'd park at Penn Station in Newark and take the PATH in. Wondering if there is a more convenient station with decent parking?

Currently am looking at Grove Street station and Columbus garage, but wondering if traffic would make the closer station pointless.

Any insight would be much appreciated.  

17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It depends on where you're coming from. There are NJ Transit stations throughout the state that have much better parking and less traffic than those spots, but it depends on where you are coming from.

Coming from Syracuse this Thursday, leaving NYC on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Orangejet88 said:

Coming from Syracuse this Thursday, leaving NYC on Saturday.

Oh yeah, you'll be passing through where a lot of stops for the Port Jervis line are; Mahwah, Ramsay...etc. I haven't ridden that one a ton so I can't vouch for cost re: parking, but there are plenty of stops way before Jersey City. I think a few of the stations on that line can also put you on the Metro North Railroad if you wanted to get into somewhere in NY besides Penn Station.

fe8a1d0b168fb0a28d2cc735df769076--train-

59 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh yeah, you'll be passing through where a lot of stops for the Port Jervis line are; Mahwah, Ramsay...etc. I haven't ridden that one a ton so I can't vouch for cost re: parking, but there are plenty of stops way before Jersey City. I think a few of the stations on that line can also put you on the Metro North Railroad if you wanted to get into somewhere in NY besides Penn Station.

fe8a1d0b168fb0a28d2cc735df769076--train-

Thanks!