Week 1 - Other NFL Games

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hackett is going to say that the analytics point toward trying the field goal there with no timeouts, but it’s still a sh*t thing to do considering Wilson would have probably gotten them into position for a shorter field goal and the win if they let him. Shades of Mornhinweg deferring the kickoff in sudden death overtime because of some stupid math sh*t. 

And it begins. The math hates fourth and 5. Too many confounds.

23 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

“They wrote me off, but I didn’t write back.”

good for you Geno. Lol 

he was jubilant. Still not too bright though, that’s still seems pretty evident from the interview. But then again, neither is Terry Bradshaw. Lol

He, at least, had the good sense to wait until he won a game.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson's own career probably has enough data to draw on  to say based on his own past the chance of converting on 4th and 5 with him  is even better. That is, if you don't run the play clock down to nothing because the wording of your plays is 5 minutes of gibberish in the Hackett family tradition into his headset. A 64 yard FG is insanely bad choice, which is why there's so little data. 

Generally this weekend teams that played for a FG rather than going to try to score a TD failed very badly. It's a reminder that some NFL coaches either because of the heat of the moment or being tempramentally risk averse often make bad strategic decisions. Cue DIck Curl jokes; nonetheless lots of these guys only know to call plays, and don't take into account the game situation, the clock, timeouts, down and distance.  And the QB (except with the Jets of course) is typically your most important and likely biggest chunk of your cap. PKs are mostly end of the bench guys making minimum. Even if the Bronocs kicker apparently is well-paid, he isn't sombody you should choose to depend on over Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Geno balling like this is basically the darkest pits of hell.  It legitimately is turning me into a SOJF(or realist depending on who is asking).  

The last month of Jets fandom has shook me more than my previous 30 years combined.

I called this. When Geno was announced the starter, I said he would have a good season because God hates Jets fans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2