WHY IS JOE FLACCO OUR QB?

Dcronin

28 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Seriously, this is even worse than I expected. Just horrible. We are easily 0-4.

Flacco sucks, but I don't understand people who think other NFL teams have better options at backup. If a teams backup was good enough to start they wouldn't be a backup. 

Teams with starting NFL QBs are struggling to score today.

Because Saleh being a  defensive coach is  scared to take a chance . Less of a chance of anyone questioniung him if White or Stev play poorly. White or Strev is rolling the dice and that isn't Saleh's CV. 

• Upvote 1

Don't think it matters all 3 QBs suck. The Jets arent going to win to many games with QBs they currently have on the roster they will be picking high again next year so they will have to trade for one or draft one or we will be doing this year in and out.

• Upvote 2

Because he’s the back up and zach got hurt? It’s not that hard.

mike white looked good for 1 game last year,  he looked brutal in the preseason, against guys that were most likely cut and he was out performed by a UDFA from the CFL.

for the most part, Flacco hasn’t looked terrible, the o-line has given him hardly any time to throw.

im not happy flacco is the starter but there really wasn’t any option. 

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

Seriously, this is even worse than I expected. Just horrible. We are easily 0-4.

Flacco is the QB because White is a scrub and Wilson is not only still recovering from injury, but would also have tossed a few unforced interceptions trying to be the old BYU hotshot

This is all part of a process.  

Flacco is the back up and best on paper.  There is NO WAY he lasts 3-4 games.  White, and Strevelar, will get their chance.  

I said on another thread that the Jets will be picking a QB again next year and got criticized.  When I said that I was not necessarily saying that we were giving up on Zach.  What I meant was that if the Jets have the opportunity to take another FQB prospect again 2 years after taking Zach, which honestly should not be the case, they need to do that.  They can then go with Zach, the rookie, and Strevelar, and see who works out.  That combined would cost 1/2 as much as Garopollo.