This team is not well coached

Facts

48 minutes ago, williecrystal said:

Saleh is horrible and so is the roster

The Roster is far from horrible . This team is going to be all about how the QB's perform moving forward. If they suck our Defense is going to stay on the field which is never a good thing and the potential of the offense will never be realized. The OL might take a few game's to gel just like it did last year with 2 new starters that's why it was so ******* dumb to start Flacco. This team has talent but its young and it really needs to get things in rhythm on offense Joe is not the guy to do that.

10 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

I pray to God that he does NOT get a third year. 

Woody Johnson owns the team> Odds on him firing Saleh after 2 years just after firing Gase ( not his choice) after 2 years is zero. And besides even if he did he will just hire another super conservative defensive coordinator

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

From their own 34 yard line? Really?  This team played from behind far too often last season. To take that chance and not make it and run the risk of going dow 10-0 early would make no sense.

No, the missed 45 yard fg attempt. If you know you have a sh*t kicker why aren’t you going for it there? I think it was 4th and 2.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Feels like Saleh is always will to give whatever player, a chance at redemption... no matter how bad their performance.

This is pro sports ... it doesnt work that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Unless it’s MW. Then he must be immured forever to avoid creating a “QB controversy.”

10 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

4F00F934-7EFF-4B8B-849A-F0CAE44B6DF2.thumb.jpeg.65797853429c3815c00dce0565b9551a.jpeg

NOT the image and projection of a winner but of an overwhelmed cheerleader who will NOT find the proper answers to resolve the problem at hand and WHY he was hired in the first place: To WIN football games for the gøddamn NY Jets 

When was this picture taken? Did he step on a bug and is now looking at it with remorse? Is he noticing that the chalk outlines are crooked? Is he taking a quick nap because he figures that nothing exciting will happen with Flacco at QB?

Context is important!!

6 minutes ago, xJayce said:

When was this picture taken? Did he step on a bug and is now looking at it with remorse? Is he noticing that the chalk outlines are crooked? Is he taking a quick nap because he figures that nothing exciting will happen with Flacco at QB?

Context is important!!

Deep thought contemplating which team might be dumb enough to give him a defensive coordinator job next season 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

The guy who coaches a team where Joe Flacco was the QB with by far and away the best offseason?

So you saw the offseason ? Flacco was handed all the first team reps when Zach got hurt . He didn't earn the starting spot it was given to him, there was no competition. The result of this decision was evident Sunday and it was easy to predict.

Its obvious to me this team does not want a QB controversy, if Mike White was to start and play well for a few games and Zach came back and continued to suck that's exactly what the Jets coaching staff would have had. The easy pussified way to handle this was to play Joe Flacco because in every scenario it would be no big deal to replace the 37 year old career mediocre QB with Zach Wilson even if Zach played bad upon return the narrative would be, well he's the future.  That's not the same scenario if MW played well because he's 27 that makes things a lot more complicated. 

Like others, you can have the feeling maybe MW is not that good and he's just over blown but he did play well enough vs both Cincy and the Colts to at least be the back up and a reliable one at that but the Jets felt lil Zach needed a mentor even though he had a personal QB coach a team QB coach and an OC working with him at all times so why the Need for Joe Flacco ?

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Have to add:

Could not believe Saleh didn’t challenge that fumble off the big hit

Could have been a game changing TO

was ruled incomplete but the WR had 2 feet with possession and started to make a move when he got popped 

He was bobbling the football and even though it was still close no way they would overturn if the ball was bobbled and not cleanly possessed by the receiver

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So you saw the offseason ? Flacco was handed all the first team reps when Zach got hurt . He didn't earn the starting spot it was given to him, there was no competition. The result of this decision was evident Sunday and it was easy to predict.

Its obvious to me this team does not want a QB controversy, if Mike White was to start and play well for a few games and Zach came back and continued to suck that's exactly what the Jets coaching staff would have had. The easy pussified way to handle this was to play Joe Flacco because in every scenario it would be no big deal to replace the 37 year old career mediocre QB with Zach Wilson even if Zach played bad upon return the narrative would be, well he's the future.  That's not the same scenario if MW played well because he's 27 that makes things a lot more complicated. 

Like others, you can have the feeling maybe MW is not that good and he's just over blown but he did play well enough vs both Cincy and the Colts to at least be the back up and a reliable one at that but the Jets felt lil Zach needed a mentor even though he had a personal QB coach a team QB coach and an OC working with him at all times so why the Need for Joe Flacco ?

I agree that the team doesn't want a QB controversy.  But, I also read every training camp tweet and watched the preseason, and White did nothing to force the team's hand.

I don't like the way the QB position has been handled on this team, ever.  But, that doesn't suddenly make Mike White a guy that wasn't a flash in the pan.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Hope Saleh suggests the offensive line starts blocking and the players stop fumbling next week.

Hope someone suggests to Saleh to STOP putting Flacco out there.  No chance to win... zero... with him.  Since they will lose anyway, put in someone who might have some kind of future.  Might as well put White-Strevler in there.  It would be better for the fans.

Starting Flacco was and is idiotic.  Continuing to do so should be a fireable offense.  Saleh thinks it will help him keep this job for some reason.  Nope. Saleh absolutely sucks so far.  He might improve, but now he is straight ass.

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@johnnysd  Your scouting reports need to improve.

I think people are going overboard with how good the Ravens are because of their history......they were 8-9 last year and have no offensive weapons outside of Jackson and Andrews.... so unless their defense is the 85 Bears they are a borderline wild card team that loses in the first round.

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

I think people are going overboard with how good the Ravens are because of their history......they were 8-9 last year and have no offensive weapons outside of Jackson and Andrews.... so unless their defense is the 85 Bears they are a borderline wild card team that loses in the first round.

Agree with this 100%.
Here’s the problem… the Jets are nowhere near that level,  which is why I knew going into yesterday’s game they were by far the better team.

I was actually surprised we were only down 24-3 in the 3rd quarter.

Saleh needs to show some anger with his players on the sidelines. This only time he was angry was at the officials for holding call on Cager. He showed a little in the post game press conference. Somethings need to be fixed quickly like the OL protection. If he cant get this fixed then the choice is to put in a more mobile QB and make quicker reads. 

He must make sure the team practices in all types of weather conditions. He needs to fix the drop passes and fumbles and missed kicks and punts. The weather cant be used as an excuse for this team. This is not California or a dome, we play in miserable weather conditions; rain, wind, cold, snow, etc. especially in the east. 

I really dont think Zach will do much better if the coach does not address how to fix these issues.

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Agree with this 100%.
Here’s the problem… the Jets are nowhere near that level,  which is why I knew going into yesterday’s game they were by far the better team.

I was actually surprised we were only down 24-3 in the 3rd quarter.

Every other sh*tty team in the league managed to play solid games with crappy onlines and a crappy QB but the NY Jets in the 3rd year of a rebuild can't play a competitive game vs a .500 team?  The bar is so low around here it's scary.  You have people popping champagne bottle because we had a solid defensive first half vs a mediocre offense.

12 minutes ago, undertow said:

Every other sh*tty team in the league managed to play solid games with crappy onlines and a crappy QB but the NY Jets in the 3rd year of a rebuild can't play a competitive game vs a .500 team?  The bar is so low around here it's scary.  You have people popping champagne bottle because we had a solid defensive first half vs a mediocre offense.

I tip my cap to the guys here still looking for silver linings with this team.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, ZachEY said:

I look at the kicking issue as a GM issue and Douglas has absolutely failed in that regard - both PK and punter.  Complete disaster.

I don’t think the 2nd half was preparation.  I think you can only hold a team to 3 points in the modern NFL for so long.  Games are cumulative.  The half isn’t a new game.  The defense wore down.  They weren’t able to stop the Ravens over and over again.  The best defense in the world is getting 1st downs on offense.  Jets failed there.

This all ends with you saying that a different strategy wouldn’t have worked either, so what’s the point again?

My point is that it's not all about wins and losses.  It's about having the ability to stay competitive throughout the game, so that in the 4th quarter, it's not a lot of garbage time.   But for these Jets, garbage time happens quite a bit, and as far as I'm concerned, it comes down to coaching.  Also, If I'm not mistaken, the time of possession was pretty much equal yesterday.  Saying that the defense wore down, how about the Ravens defense wearing down?  I don't agree with your argument.  I do agree with you when it comes to the kicking game.  At least we can agree on that.