4 seasons and 3 drafts later, the OL still sucks

More Cowbell

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

They switched one guy during preseason from lt to rt, then back to lt, they had another guy playing lt that went down for the season, they had another guy that got signed late played one preseason game then went down, they had another guy who was a 4th round pick that got thrust into the lineup in preseason looked bad, got demoted then due to injury got promoted again.

That is a LOT of change.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Oh please, Fant was at RT for a minute. Becton opened camp as the RT. Fant played RT for like a week between signing Brown and him going on IR. He had this whole week to practice as the the LT. That isn't  an excuse for him to suck today. Mitchell is the only one who has an excuse for playing badly and honestly,  I didn't  think he was horrible. Fant was horrible.

Three weeks ago

Ed Werder @WerderEdESPN

If the #Cowboys develop interest in Eric Fisher as potential solution to OT issues with Tyron Smith injury, a source says former No. 1 overall pick wants to play this season but will be selective and has turned down offers from nine teams so far.

1:13 PM · Aug 25, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

4 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Watching mahomes stand in the pocket for a half hour without getting touched is killing me. Poor creaky old Flacco got the crap beat out of him. 

Mahomes actually moves in the pocket though. Flacco was always statuesque at the peak of his career, now it just seems his feet are truly welded to the ground. You can't blame all of this on the O line when Flacco is a fixed target. I can't see how they play him next week, but maybe they have no choice.

16 hours ago, PLO said:

Mahomes actually moves in the pocket though. Flacco was always statuesque at the peak of his career, now it just seems his feet are truly welded to the ground. You can't blame all of this on the O line when Flacco is a fixed target. I can't see how they play him next week, but maybe they have no choice.

Agreed on Mahomes ability to move the pocket.  But he didn't have to.  He was playing pitch and catch all night and barely broke outside the hashes. I do put the blame on the line but also the coaches.  They never had time to gel once Becton went down--flopping Fant back and forth, signing a vet who never made it to the first game, having to start a true rookie who should be on the practice squad.  It sucks but it isn't a lost cause. Just a bad first game IMO.

23 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Wasn't  this job #1 for JD. Didn't  he say he was going to focus on the OL? 

How many more seasons do we give him to fix it. I am sick of watching passrushers run all over our backfield. 

This is the biggest issue of them all.

20 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh please, Fant was at RT for a minute. Becton opened camp as the RT. Fant played RT for like a week between signing Brown and him going on IR. He had this whole week to practice as the the LT. That isn't  an excuse for him to suck today. Mitchell is the only one who has an excuse for playing badly and honestly,  I didn't  think he was horrible. Fant was horrible.

Maybe his excuse was that Tomlinson was next to him.