Jump to content

Participation trophy mentality…


k-met57
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

When you reach the point you are heaping credit for bad loses you know the guy has no answers at all and is reaching to try and gain confidence that is not there.

JD and Saleh are represented by todays game.    You don't have a decent back up QB, You have no real game plane to attack any weak area of the Ravens.

Thread title is appropriate.

Thank you JD, Thank you.   

Today was really no surprise. We played well for a half but we are a D3 team compared to the rest of the league.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Honeymoon’s over Saleh.  Get pissed off already.

Not that it matters but I don’t get the impression Saleh is a “midnight oil” guy. His house might not be done by the time this stint in NY is over. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Augustiniak said:

At least Flacco was not plan A.  You have to wonder how much the coaches are treating these games as “let’s try not to get embarrassed” until wilson returns.  Bc from their perspective, the coaches are really being graded on how they do when wilson plays.  

Sure about that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

IM a huge Saleh critic but the defense looked elite today. Joe Flacco and Jets luck killer is today. If this defense plays like this every week we are winning 9 games 

Run defense was good. Pass defense was not. Pass rush was not good either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is exactly why I call him Coach Salesman. All he is, is a talk machine, like Alexa or Siri. Does nothing to back it up. They had 6 months to prepare for Baltimore since the schedule came out. They were the only team today that was hoplessly and helplessly non competetive. Looked like the schedule was announced last Tuesday.

As for the other of the "worst teams" in the NFL:

Chicago - Win

Detroit - Loss by 3 battled back scoring 35 points

Jags - lost by 3

Texans - Tied a good Indy team

Giants - battled back down 0-13 to tie in the 3rdQ

I mean it is so painfully obvious what the issue here is. Ok, ZW is injured. Why in the world would you start Joe Flacco at QB? Could you really possibly believe that a totally immobile Joe Flacco gives you the best chance to win against this caliber of an opponent? Further to that, when he could not move the ball all half long, how's about giving MW some snaps? Also aggravted with Streveler being a PS QB instead of at least the back up today considering his scambling and escapeability can really help avoid a pass rush that crippled our offense all game long. I think Streveler should be elevated and play all games until ZW returns. If not, MW should start next week and have Streveler as his Back up. They play Miles Garrett next week, you are going to need some legs at QB. It serves no purpose to play Joe Flacco anymore unless ZW CS and MW . Just a terrible job all around today. 

Sorry for railing, just so beyond disgusted

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

IM a huge Saleh critic but the defense looked elite today. Joe Flacco and Jets luck killer is today. If this defense plays like this every week we are winning 9 games 

Elite is a bit strong for me.

keep in mind Lamar beat them especially in the 2nd half with the weaker part if his game which is pocket passer.

he really did not run that much.

what would a mahommes, Allen, rodgers etc do to this defense

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

That is exactly why I call him Coach Salesman. All he is, is a talk machine, like Alexa or Siri. Does nothing to back it up. They had 6 months to prepare for Baltimore since the schedule came out. They were the only team today that was hoplessly and helplessly non competetive. Looked like the schedule was announced last Tuesday.

As for the other of the "worst teams" in the NFL:

Chicago - Win

Detroit - Loss by 3 battled back scoring 35 points

Jags - lost by 3

Texans - Tied a good Indy team

Giants - battled back down 0-13 to tie in the 3rdQ

I mean it is so painfully obvious what the issue here is. Ok, ZW is injured. Why in the world would you start Joe Flacco at QB? Could you really possibly believe that a totally immobile Joe Flacco gives you the best chance to win against this caliber of an opponent? Further to that, when he could not move the ball all half long, how's about giving MW some snaps? Also aggravted with Streveler being a PS QB instead of at least the back up today considering his scambling and escapeability can really help avoid a pass rush that crippled our offense all game long. I think Streveler should be elevated and play all games until ZW returns. If not, MW should start next week and have Streveler as his Back up. They play Miles Garrett next week, you are going to need some legs at QB. It serves no purpose to play Joe Flacco anymore unless ZW CS and MW . Just a terrible job all around today. 

Sorry for railing, just so beyond disgusted

If Campbell came out and said he was proud of the Lions because they fought….I’d get it

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Elite is a bit strong for me.

keep in mind Lamar beat them especially in the 2nd half with the weaker part if his game which is pocket passer.

he really did not run that much.

what would a mahommes, Allen, rodgers etc do to this defense

Hard to say. The Jaguars shut down Allen last year. It was the best Jets defensive performance I’ve seen in over a decade. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

IM a huge Saleh critic but the defense looked elite today. Joe Flacco and Jets luck killer is today. If this defense plays like this every week we are winning 9 games 

Sauce is the real deal; why he's playing in zone on that TD, no idea. 

But the offense and QB position are a black hole. And the la de da approach of the offense, running garbage plays like 2 runs and the proverbial 4 ayrd pass on 3rd and 9-that's giving up. If Saleh isn't mad about today, he's not an NFL HC. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

So you expect perfection? Have you watched other games today? 

This game felt like a preseason game for the Jets. Unless you looked at the calendar you’d have no clue this was a season opener. The team was lifeless all around. Drops, fumbles, no pass rush. It just looked like a team whose goal is to not get blown out and collect a check. The corny catch phrases and bleacher runs is spray paint to cover up a team that’s not well and probably lazily run. That’s what it feels like. Saleh’s postgame was a disaster. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...