Participation trophy mentality…

k-met57

51 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

in all seriousness this bleacher run thing is strange. I’m sure there’s a treadmill inside with an incline.

Apparently you aren’t a runner. Running on a treadmill sucks, I ran for 40 years through heat, and snow depending on the time of year. If I would have had to run regularly on a treadmill I would have quit in less than a year.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Do they know that? Do they really? Five weeks ago, the head coach said this:

I haven't watched the all-22, so maybe no one was getting open, but from my extremely amateur perspective, Flacco looked absolutely cooked today. Slow reads, slow processing, indecisive throws, no feel in the pocket. So either they're executing things in practice but not on game day, or the coach has an inexplicable hard-on for a washed-up veteran. Either way, it's an issue, and one that falls on Saleh.

I don’t watch any of these things because I think they’re all bullsh*t.

Ultimately, coach says positive things about one of his players.  Film at 11.

I’d like them to have someone better than Flacco, but historically (well before Saleh/Douglas) we don’t bring in anyone who could usurp the boy king.  Backups are purely to serve the role of football dad.  I think that’s a Woody Johnson/marketing call.

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

That’s the MO for this operation. I am sure they will all congregate and pat each other on the back for “not giving up”. At least Rex got pissed.

Stuff like this and preaching “all gas no breaks” yet not even attempting to speed up the offense and get back in the game in the 4th quarter has me thinking this is gonna be another short lived coaching staff ??‍♂️

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Do they know that? Do they really? Five weeks ago, the head coach said this:

I haven't watched the all-22, so maybe no one was getting open, but from my extremely amateur perspective, Flacco looked absolutely cooked today. Slow reads, slow processing, indecisive throws, no feel in the pocket. So either they're executing things in practice but not on game day, or the coach has an inexplicable hard-on for a washed-up veteran. Either way, it's an issue, and one that falls on Saleh.

Joe Flaccid is what a 37 year old qb looks like when hes not on HGH and PEDs.

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Defense was gassed by HT

Saleh’s club Med training camp might have had something to do with that

Lamar was able to go off with zero resistance in 2nd half

Sauce was good from what I could tell

Nobody else in the secondary could hang with anybody 

Defense came in 2nd half and stopped Baltimore right away. Then offense went 3 and out and Mann shanked a punt. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Before I say this, I want to make clear that I am not a Mike White Guy, but: I have to think White would give them something more.

To make a baseball analogy you don’t want to have a quick hook so to speak so I think he gets one more week.  

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Before I say this, I want to make clear that I am not a Mike White Guy, but: I have to think White would give them something more.

I honestly think they’re afraid to play White because you can pull Flacco any time for Wilson - if White gives you another Cincy performance, even once, what do you do when Wilson is healthy?

Again, no one threatens the boy king.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

I honestly think they’re afraid to play White because you can pull Flacco any time for Wilson - if White gives you another Cincy performance, even once, what do you do when Wilson is healthy?

You play your starting QB.  

31 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I don’t watch any of these things because I think they’re all bullsh*t.

Ultimately, coach says positive things about one of his players.  Film at 11.

I’d like them to have someone better than Flacco, but historically (well before Saleh/Douglas) we don’t bring in anyone who could usurp the boy king.  Backups are purely to serve the role of football dad.  I think that’s a Woody Johnson/marketing call.

Historically we flip flop on these things.  
I remember all to well how bringing Tebow in to watch games from the bench was detrimental to Sanchez.  Now it’s the opposite take?  
It has nothing to do with ZW.  He’s the starter until he proves he isn’t and we’re not there yet

What kind of revenue do you think a Flacco or any elder mento type bring in return as a marketing ploy? 

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I think Saleh just legitimately enjoys Joe Flacco in the same way Bowles liked McCown. The grand feature of starting Mike White is that his time to throw is like 2.2 seconds, which is the opposite of what Flacco and Zach do with the football. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

So you expect perfection? Have you watched other games today? 

Come on man. We were down 24-3 in the 3rd quarter to a team with a worse OL than ours, no RB or WR worth a damn until we scored a garbage time TD. If that’s elite… ? We played against a bad offense and still got beaten down.

Another thing I’m sick of seeing on this board (not by you) is this “the defense finally ran out of gas” BS that became popular around here last season. That wasn’t the case today… look at the time of possession.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Apparently you aren’t a runner. Running on a treadmill sucks, I ran for 40 years through heat, and snow depending on the time of year. If I would have had to run regularly on a treadmill I would have quit in less than a year.

I won't run inside. No way, no how. 

When I lived in Michigan my cut-off point to run in shorts versus winter gear was 20 degrees. I'm old so now it's 70 degrees. :D 

10 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Well no.  Just responding to a poster who said:

Looking around the league, we were the most pitiful team today in the entire NFL. Not even close. 

Reading is fundamental.

You say no, but doubling down with the snark like you just did shows how important little moments like these are to you. 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No one is going anywhere because ZW is getting his job back.  
The Fields fans won’t stop until ZW is a FQB or gone.  Nothing changes there.  

Whenever Wilson feels like returning, you mean?  I imagine he’s out until, at minimum, Week 6 just because.  5 games can change a lot in the NFL.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

I won't run inside. No way, no how. 

When I lived in Michigan my cut-off point to run in shorts versus winter gear was 20 degrees. I'm old so now it's 70 degrees. :D 

My shorts cut-off was 30 degrees (not quite as tough). Have had 6 knee surgeries because of basketball so I finally quit running 2 years ago when I was 68. Now its just golf, walking, and light weights.

7 hours ago, ZachEY said:

I would rather have my QB play good and win and then worry about what happens down the road. As a wise man once said; “you play to win the game”.

35 minutes ago, BP said:

Pathetic. Call them out for being horrible and be brutally honest. He obviously is clueless if that’s what his response is. And it’s insulting to all the fans that spent money and sat through that garbage all day.

I renew my call from two seasons ago — instead of not showing up, send a message for the cameras with all fans turning their back on the game during the Jets first offensive series.

8 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Phil Hartman Yes GIF