Participation trophy mentality…

k-met57

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I used to like listening to Saleh, but his schtick only works for winning teams. His positive vibe bs makes losing feel even worse. Listening to Parcells, Herm, or Rex made you feel a little better because they got mad when they lost and didn't surgar coat turds.

They also made changes to try and change the results.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No one is going anywhere because ZW is getting his job back.  
The Fields fans won’t stop until ZW is a FQB or gone.  Nothing changes there.  

So, you just go into the locker room and say that the well-liked guy who's playing well is out, and we're putting back in the guy who's been objectively terrible, and all the players are just like, "cool, cool"

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I used to like listening to Saleh, but his schtick only works for winning teams. His positive vibe bs makes losing feel even worse. Listening to Parcells, Herm, or Rex made you feel a little better because they got mad when they lost and didn't surgar coat turds.

Bring back Rex and draft another qb next year 

35 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

So, you just go into the locker room and say that the well-liked guy who's playing well is out, and we're putting back in the guy who's been objectively terrible, and all the players are just like, "cool, cool"

You’re assumption is ZW isn’t a well liked guy when every interpretation is that he is.  Or that teammates don’t believe in him when they seem to.

37 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It is a little odd he’s not on the sideline with a headset/ear piece. 

What’s odd about it?  See it all the time in the NFL, NBA, NHL.  Guessing you see more of the game up above.  You can’t see much from the sidelines.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re assumption is ZW isn’t a well liked guy when every interpretation is that he is.  Or that teammates don’t believe in him when they seem to.

I think this offseason, it seemed more like the newer guys definitely did, but there is no denying that last year, the team favored Mike White.  Also, players will go for the guy that puts them in the position to succeed.  Thus far, that has rarely been Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I think this offseason, it seemed more like the newer guys definitely did, but there is no denying that last year, the team favored Mike White.  Also, players will go for the guy that puts them in the position to succeed.  Thus far, that has rarely been Zach Wilson.

They broke MWs balls and had fun with his post game performance.  The team likes MW and had fun with his big game vs Cincy.  They seem to like both guys.  Nothing stopping it.  They’re both teammates.  

13 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Stuff like this and preaching “all gas no breaks” yet not even attempting to speed up the offense and get back in the game in the 4th quarter has me thinking this is gonna be another short lived coaching staff ??‍♂️

He was not looking to speed up the game because he and his so called "coaching staff" have no answers. I mean NOTHING. No half time adjustments! He wants to play team psychologist instead of a HC. at this point, I have no faith in this coach or ANYONE in his staff at all. 

He does NOT get the best out of his players because he does not play to their strengths. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jgb said:

I renew my call from two seasons ago — instead of not showing up, send a message for the cameras with all fans turning their back on the game during the Jets first offensive series.

That'll sure show 'em!

I imagine the Johnson bros reaction looking a little like this:

happy homer simpson GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, k-met57 said:

That’s the MO for this operation. I am sure they will all congregate and pat each other on the back for “not giving up”. At least Rex got pissed.

saleh whole approach has got me seriously concerned, its one thing to do coach speak but this dude is doing coach speak so good i beleive him. he really is happy with hsi teams performance...thats crazy man. You guys sucked so bad

7 hours ago, williecrystal said:

Not really.  I see injured players all the time on the sideline with their teammates in both nfl and nba

So, let me make sure I understand what you’re suggesting.  

Are  you saying Zach Wilson, not being on the sideline was because he was afraid or selfish?

is that really the story you’re going with here?

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I honestly don't think they care as long as they're making a profit.

Profit is largely inelastic in relation to wins. The NFL revenue share assures that.

Billboards and aerial messages have seemed to have an effect in the past. Public shaming is all we really have so I say do it.

41 minutes ago, jgb said:

Profit is largely inelastic in relation to wins. The NFL revenue share assures that.

Billboards and aerial messages have seemed to have an effect in the past. Public shaming is all we really have so I say do it.

Yeah, the team sure has been doing well since those billboards and plane banners went up.

Maybe I'm just too cynical to believe the fans have any real power to shame these buffoons into not being buffoons.. Kinda makes it all seem an exercise in silliness, to me.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, the team sure has been doing well since those billboards and plane banners went up.

Maybe I'm just too cynical to believe the fans have any real power to shame these buffoons into not being buffoons.. Kinda makes it all seem an exercise in silliness, to me.

Shaming those who deserve it is a virtuous act.

On 9/11/2022 at 6:29 PM, JetsFanatic said:

Loser talk. I’m actually surprised he said that.

We are patting ourselves on the back for only losing by 15 points to a team that did not make the playoffs last year. This is the rhetoric coming from the leader of 53 men. I am convinced he is the number one problem right now