Fair assessment of the game

Phillyjet

I've tried to stay positive about our Head Salehsman, but that's all he is... hot air.
This whole coaching staff is all about their beloved schemes, but being creative, or making adjustments, or just integrating talent into their schemes.. nope. Coaching is about putting players into the best position to succeed... this coaching staff gets an F on that. If these guys stay around for much longer, all the talent we've accumulated will be wasted. And on player evaluation, a bunch of players they kept shouldn't be here, & some released should be. Lastly, Mims... a good coaching staff would've worked him into the offense, to be able to reach a definitive decision... not treat him like garbage, then expect him to perform. These are athletic kids, not Seals, or whatever the slogan of the day is.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

What game were you watching?

He literally dropped his only catch of the day that had meaning

His drop was bad but still easily our most productive receiver until Wilson develops more.  I’m not upset with him as he still had 77 yards with Flaccid as QB.  

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

His drop was bad but still easily our most productive receiver until Wilson develops more.  I’m not upset with him as he still had 77 yards with Flaccid as QB.  

Garbage time stats when ravens defense are up and relaxed 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Given the lack of investment,  I  thought the LB's were decent today.  Andrews not a factor and Lamar reasonably contained.  Kwon looks like a good pick up...

They had Sauce on Andrews a lot of the day, and that was awesome.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Flacco just gave this team no chance. 

The Jets were in this game going into the half. It was 10-0. The defense was containing Lamar and for the most part stuffing the run game. It was tough sledding in the run game but receivers seemed to be making plays when the ball was accurately thrown their way. It just seemed like Flacco could not make anything happen. Could not get extra time. Could not step in the pocket and make strong, accurate throws. Could not make any plays of any kind to get this offense going. Get the ball in the End Zone. 

While you could analyze this game a million different ways, it just seemed like Flacco was the biggest weakness at the most important position for the Jets and thus the main reason why they lost.  

• Upvote 3

The Jets were in this game going into the half. It was 10-0. The defense was containing Lamar and for the most part stuffing the run game. It was tough sledding in the run game but receivers seemed to be making plays when the ball was accurately thrown their way. It just seemed like Flacco could not make anything happen. Could not get extra time. Could not step in the pocket and make strong, accurate throws. Could not make any plays of any kind to get this offense going. Get the ball in the End Zone. 
While you could analyze this game a million different ways, it just seemed like Flacco was the biggest weakness at the most important position for the Jets and thus the main reason why they lost.  

Everything looked a half-second slow. He’s washed. It’s extremely concerning that Douglas thought he was worth trading a draft pick for and then re-signing, and that Saleh thought he was “a starting quarterback in this league.” What are they seeing?
  • Upvote 1

Just watch the Giants play. Came back to win a game they were down 0-13 in. It is amazing what competent coaching does. 

Watching them play the exact same way I wish my team would play is really depressing. When was the last time our team came back from 0-13 and 13-20 late in the 4th to win a game? I honestly cannot remember us ever doing that.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, sciond said:

I would add  to the bad...

How can we not get  decent kicking game over the last few years?

We might have the worst kickers in the NFL

Also seems like the game really turned badly on that Mann 20 yard punt. How does that guy still have a job?. Oh, yeah he is the only remaining 2020 draft starter which really spells out just how bad that draft was.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I don’t know if White or maybe even Streveler is the answer at backup. But one thing for sure, Flacco isn’t.

JD, put on your GM big boy pants and use your veto power and force this coaching staff to start White.

9 freakin points….

I’m glad I went golfing.

Carter dropped a TD. Hall fumble.  Z missed a FG. Conklin fumbles after getting a 1st down.  

Fant gave up 2 sacks. OL was terrible. Post game Flacco admitted he should have checked down more.

Plenty of blame to go around.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Flacco is NOT an NFL starter.  Saying that he is shows me, as already mentioned, that Saleh is full of hot air.  Further, he's not even a quality NFL backup IMHO.     

Just watch the Giants play. Came back to win a game they were down 0-13 in. It is amazing what competent coaching does. 
Watching them play the exact same way I wish my team would play is really depressing. When was the last time our team came back from 0-13 and 13-20 late in the 4th to win a game? I honestly cannot remember us ever doing that.

Off the top of my head, Cowboys game on 9/11, I think 11 years ago,Revis had a pick in the 4th quarter and the Jets came back from 2TD’s to win.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Everything looked a half-second slow. He’s washed. It’s extremely concerning that Douglas thought he was worth trading a draft pick for and then re-signing, and that Saleh thought he was “a starting quarterback in this league.” What are they seeing?

Weren't really in the game because everyone knew offense was noncompetitive. Ravens knew there wasn't gonna be a comeback. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

This is my biggest criticisms of the coaching staff/JD, I dont understand this infatuation toward Joe Flacco.  I get that he's handsome and has a super ring but holy sh*t, he's just a buzz kill.  His presence is just draining. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

When was the last time our team came back from 0-13 and 13-20 late in the 4th to win a game? I honestly cannot remember us ever doing that.

Last season.  Against Cincy.  We were down 10 in the first half and down 11 mid-4th quarter.  And Mike White led us back.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Jets had more passing yards, more rushing yards and led in time of possession.  I wonder what happened that flipped the script for the Jets in a game when typically, you win if sweep all those categories? 

Big plays.  All of our big plays were negative -- pick, fumble, missed FG, shanked punt, DPI.  Their big plays set up or scored TDs.

• Upvote 4