The offense has been unwatchable for a decade now--

Paradis

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And people wonder why I called Ryan Fitzpatrick a "conquering hero".  

Compared to the garbage we've thrown under center since Week 12 of the 2008 season, he's a god dang Hall of Famer.

QB isn't the only issue as Paradis says above but it's a pretty f**king big part of it.

But they did look good in all white uni’s today.

I know, back to clothes

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Doesn't matter how you slice it; QB play, Coordinators, talent etc... they just never show up to play. First downs are always pulling fcking teeth... 

Yet, annually, names like Jacoby Brisett, Carson "Zepplin" Wentz, David Mills ,etc  all put up points and move the ball. It's not just "one" issue. we suck multiple levels.

Jets are unlikeable... I still love my middle brother, but he's a p.o.s... same thing.

Have not had an offensive identity since ground and pound.  It’s like a bunch of random plays and never a cohesive drive.   But I totally agree that it’s been about a decade and doesn’t make any sense 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Have not had an offensive identity since ground and pound.  It’s like a bunch of random plays and never a cohesive drive.   But I totally agree that it’s been about a decade and doesn’t make any sense 

And ground & pound was born out of pure necessity.  Dogsh*t QB + dominant defense = run the hell out of the ball.  Once the defensive talent crumbled that gameplan/philosophy got exposed very quickly.

And even then, Mark Sanchez once found a way to lose a game where the team ran for over 300 yards on the day.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

To be fair, Fitz showed his true colors, on and off the field in 2016, and made it very easy to dislike him.

Hell, I despise Christian Hackenberg and he never played a down.  

But Fitz at least gave us one fun season.  I haven't been entertained by this godforsaken franchise since.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Hell, I despise Christian Hackenberg and he never played a down.  

But Fitz at least gave us one fun season.  I haven't been entertained by this godforsaken franchise since.

Fair.  I will admit to having fun in 2015 as it was going down.  2016 reeeeeally soured it all for me though.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

To be fair, Fitz showed his true colors, on and off the field in 2016, and made it very easy to dislike him.

Well, not everyone can be a "good kid" I guess.

That and Fitz is near-universally liked around the league, but sure, our front office ******* it all up, and the same level of mass-injuries we saw last year, but it was all Fitz.

I dream of a year like 2015 again.  Just to have fun for a whole season again, seems so far away.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, not everyone can be a "good kid" I guess.

That and Fitz is near-universally liked around the league, but sure, our front office ******* it all up, and the same level of mass-injuries we saw last year, but it was all Fitz.

I dream of a year like 2015 again.  Just to have fun for a whole season again, seems so far away.

I can’t speak to what the rest of the league feels about Fitzpatrick, but I can tell you that he had a lingering sense of entitlement in that 2016 lockerrom that rubbed veterans, and even younger guys, the wrong way.  Especially when he came out and took virtually no responsibility for throwing 6INTs against the Chiefs.

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

7 years IS a long time ago.  In that span:

• I received three promotions at work
  • The Mets played in a World Series
  • I became the PA Announcer for a D-I Basketball team
  • I met the love of my life, got engaged and then married
  • Your Nats WON a World Series
  • We all went through a global Pandemic and have been through 3 different US Presidents
  • The wife and I moved from Wilmington to Raleigh

And there are a bunch of posters here who had middle school kids at that time and recently sent those same kids off to college.  OR, had babies around that time and just sent those kids off to 2nd grade.  OR had a kid graduating HS around that time and now that same kid is getting married or even having a kid of his/her own.

All of that has happened since the last time the Jets had a remotely watchable offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

It’s not though. I concede it’s certainly a part of the problem, but teams all over the nfl in that time span have managed to do way more with less. 

A competent QB could succeed with the current offensive coaching staff and supporting cast.  I'm convinced of that.  

It was more than just the QB in years past, yes, but right now, it is indeed basically all about the QB.  

Evidence:  Last year, the offense looked more than competent even with the likes of Mike White and Josh Johnson under center.  And the talent level has only improved since 2021.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It’s not though. I concede it’s certainly a part of the problem, but teams all over the nfl in that time span have managed to do way more with less. 

Today it was the QB.  Over the past decade, we have consistenly brought young QBs in and thrown them in the fire without a decent supporting cast.  We have tried to build offenses ass-backwards.  Get the QB first, build around him.  And ask the QB to learn to be a pro and carry the team at the same time.  Maybe this year will be different if/when Wilson gets back in the lineup, becuase I think the supporting cast is a lot better. 

Probably not.  Because I also think we are cursed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

Today it was the QB.  Over the past decade, we have consistenly brought young QBs in and thrown them in the fire without a decent supporting cast.  We have tried to build offenses ass-backwards.  Get the QB first, build around him.  And ask the QB to learn to be a pro and carry the team at the same time.  Maybe this year will be different if/when Wilson gets back in the lineup, becuase I think the supporting cast is a lot better. 

Probably not.  Because I also think we are cursed.

I think this game was helpful in one respect, which is, isolating where the main problem is.  They have rbs and wrs.  In theory they have TEs.  The OL was not great but there were enough plays where the qb could have got rid of the ball.  This game was on the qb.  

• Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

7 years IS a long time ago.  In that span:

• I received three promotions at work
  • The Mets played in a World Series
  • I became the PA Announcer for a D-I Basketball team
  • I met the love of my life, got engaged and then married
  • Your Nats WON a World Series
  • We all went through a global Pandemic and have been through 3 different US Presidents
  • The wife and I moved from Wilmington to Raleigh

And there are a bunch of posters here who had middle school kids at that time and recently sent those same kids off to college.  OR, had babies around that time and just sent those kids off to 2nd grade.  OR had a kid graduating HS around that time and now that same kid is getting married or even having a kid of his/her own.

All of that has happened since the last time the Jets had a remotely watchable offense.

I watched a bunch of really exciting competitive NFL games today and then I watched the Jets. The defense played pretty well but I'm just so sick of this offense being allergic to scoring points. Game after game. Year after year. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

You mean the young, mobile QB who can extent plays and isn't a statue in the pocket?

Who a lot of people here say suck?  Yeah, that guy.  My point wasn't to compare Flacco to Fields, only suggesting that today's weather wasn't much of an excuse when even the 49ers and Bears with questionable young QB's were putting up some points in far worse conditions.  Oh, and the Ravens put up 24....