Jets have to much Talent to be playing this bad

nyjets1969

16 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Flacco + This OL is a recipe for disaster.

Flacco should not be in there.

Whether its Flacco or White, they need to call more quick hitters. There were a lot of plays where I found myself counting 3/4/5 Mississippi which is not ideal for a new OL trying to gel in front of an immobile QB. When Joe played last year his average snap-to-throw was 2.1 seconds... I can guarantee it was far more than that this game. 

22 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Flacco + This OL is a recipe for disaster.

Flacco should not be in there.

Clearly.

But "the eternal optimist" could not envision a scenario in which the OL played poorly.

Stev should have been active.  They could have at least used him situationally sort of like the Saints use Taysom Hill to at least try to keep the Ravens DL off balance instead of attacking downhill all day long.

53 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Clearly.

But "the eternal optimist" could not envision a scenario in which the OL played poorly.

Stev should have been active.  They could have at least used him situationally sort of like the Saints use Taysom Hill to at least try to keep the Ravens DL off balance instead of attacking downhill all day long.

I don't think many are suggesting the OL played great. But to say that they played poorly to the point where the unit took us out of the game is also an overstatement. His average time to throw was 2.63 seconds according to PFF, which is middle-of-the-pack for the QBs who have played (16th of 31). Joe held onto the ball too long on multiple occasions. The game plan clearly seemed to be attack the intermediate portions of the field and check it down if it wasn't there. The receivers were getting separation, but Joe was not able to evade the rush in situations where he needed to in order to let plays develop.

I think the Jets coaches failed here because they should have gotten a lot more creative with their play-calling in order to get the ball into their playmaker's hands quickly to allow them to make plays after the catch - specifically Moore, Wilson, and Berrios - rather than having a statue waiting for the play develop downfield only to check it down to a RB or a TE. Not much to ask after seeing what they did last year. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't think many are suggesting the OL played great. But to say that they played poorly to the point where the unit took us out of the game is also an overstatement. His average time to throw was 2.63 seconds according to PFF, which is middle-of-the-pack for the QBs who have played (16th of 31). Joe held onto the ball too long on multiple occasions. The game plan clearly seemed to be attack the intermediate portions of the field and check it down if it wasn't there. The receivers were getting separation, but Joe was not able to evade the rush in situations where he needed to in order to let plays develop.

I think the Jets coaches failed here because they should have gotten a lot more creative with their play-calling in order to get the ball into their playmaker's hands quickly to allow them to make plays after the catch - specifically Moore, Wilson, and Berrios - rather than having a statue waiting for the play develop downfield only to check it down to a RB or a TE. Not much to ask after seeing what they did last year. 

Clearly not a good game plan and the scary part is they had all summer to come up with it.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, football guy said:

The game plan was for wilson not flacco.  They didn’t change it.  

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Talent, good or bad, needs to be well coached.

Yesterday we witnessed one team alert and active in terms of taking the ball away and protecting the ball, and another which wasn't.

Saleh also did his team no favors by not challenging the incompletion / fumble and by the cowardly decision making.

If Saleh is ever in the situation Daboll was in late in the game yesterday, there's no way he goes for 2.  He doesn't have it in him.

Daboll also told the entire team (offense, defense, ST) before they scored that if they scored, they'd be going for 2.  So when they did score, everybody was ready.  There was no confusion.

In a word, Daboll was prepared. 

Saleh would have waited until the moment after they scored to mull it over for a sec before quickly raising his index finger up in the air.

This....

We are fd with this guy as HC.   He is a liability

On 9/12/2022 at 12:52 AM, nyjets1969 said:

Let's looks at the roster the Jets have the weapons in Garret Wilson, Moore Breece Hall michael Carter, Conklin the OL on paper is decent the defensive quinten  Williams Carl Lawson Jermaine Johnson LBs CJ mosely Kwon Alexander DB with Reed , Gardner Joyner this team should least be competitive even with Flacco at QB. Think comes down to terrible coaching unprepareness. The Giants are a mess and they won with less talent. Whats is the solution I wasn't expecting to win a SB but they should be competitive. Just plain disgusting what we as fans have to live with.

A lot of the players you named are completely unproven.

We don’t know how much talent we have.