its not that bad

doitny

3 minutes ago, PLO said:

These are ifs buts and maybes: realistically we were never in the game with Flacco under center. 

but i just proved to you we could have won with the way Flacco played.

Flacco didnt miss a FG or a ex pt. thats 4 points

Flacco didnt drop Carters TD. thats 7 points.

Flacco didnt cause Halls fumble at the 16 yd line. thats 3 points.

thats 24-23. go for 2 and its tied.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas and things that suck wouldn't suck...

We suck and it's not because of any individual big busts.... our skill positions are still some of the best I can remember... we still find a way to keep our "culture"

WR is four deep we have good RBs... we still can't put an Oline together and are forced to play the ghost of Joe Flacco because of a lack of b***s in coaching and management.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, doitny said:

but i just proved to you we could have won with the way Flacco played.

Flacco didnt miss a FG or a ex pt. thats 4 points

Flacco didnt drop Carters TD. thats 7 points.

Flacco didnt cause Halls fumble at the 16 yd line. thats 3 points.

thats 24-23. go for 2 and its tied.

Lol

Good stuff huh?

29F20D32-EC94-424A-AFED-856F24442C5C.gif.3acbd944d10ce653149243571ad757d5.gif

pass to the left. Lol

1 hour ago, doitny said:

after looking at things it wasnt that bad. yeah Flacco could have been better and the OL much better but we could have seriously won this game.

we lost 24-9. but we missed a FG and a extra point. so that makes it 24-13

the Conklin fumble would have been 1st down at the 21 yd line. we kicked the FG but a possible 4 pts we could have had.

the Hall fumble at 14:10 of the 4th would have made it 3rd and 1 at the 16 yd line. you got to give me 3 pts there with a possible 7.

the Carter drop at the 6 yd line that we all agreed was an easy TD. 7 points

so from 24-9 plus the 4 points for the kicks is 24-13 plus Carters easy TD drop is 24-20 plus 3 guaranteed points on the Hall fumble makes it 24-23. now. so all we had to do is what every other team thats good does. make our kicks , no fumbles and limit the drops.

the Conklin and Hall fumbles COULD have been TDs and thats why i didnt count those 8 possible points. but if one of those is a TD thats the game winner. so if we give our guys some crazy glue to stick on there hands i like our chances next week. 

Well coached teams tend not to fumble..

However the hot mess we saw today can be cleaned up....

Let's see of Saleh can do it.;

• Upvote 1

I thnk the OPs point just illustrates how poorly the team played yesterday and that the blame came be spread around all aspects of the team.

It was not all Flacco as some Einsteins have suggested.

If this keeps up the D will start mailing it in. Give it 5 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

You can’t reverse all the miscues and give the Jets the points to claim it should’ve been close without — at a minimum — doing to same for each Ravens missed opportunity.

It’s like when people blame drops for a bad QB percentage… uh… you realize if you do that for one QB you have to do that for the rest, right? 

• Upvote 1

it's all about oline play.  these guys haven't played together and then fant has to get shifted because of an injury to brown.  they'll get better and the jets offense will have to try and get the ball out faster.  give the ravens some credit too. jackson made some nice deep throws and made it difficult for the jets defense to keep him penned in.  the key will be to see how well the jets can adjust from this game and bounce back.  

7 hours ago, doitny said:

after looking at things it wasnt that bad. yeah Flacco could have been better and the OL much better but we could have seriously won this game.

the Conklin fumble would have been 1st down at the 21 yd line. we kicked the FG but a possible 4 pts we could have had.

the Hall fumble at 14:10 of the 4th would have made it 3rd and 1 at the 16 yd line. you got to give me 3 pts there with a possible 7.

so from 24-9 plus the 4 points for the kicks is 24-13 plus Carters easy TD drop is 24-20 plus 3 guaranteed points on the Hall fumble makes it 24-23. now. so all we had to do is what every other team thats good does. make our kicks , no fumbles and limit the drops.

the Conklin and Hall fumbles COULD have been TDs and thats why i didnt count those 8 possible points. but if one of those is a TD thats the game winner. so if we give our guys some crazy glue to stick on there hands i like our chances next week. 

100%.  The miscues killed what was otherwise a respectable game and effort from the Jets.  They also missed picking up that easy fumble that was just bouncing their waiting to get grabbed.  They had plenty of opportunities and spoiled them, which you just cant do playing a superior team.  Yeah, sure we're talking about the if's and's butt's, but taking that angle has just as much merit as, OMG, everyone sucks, fire everyone, Saleh is so bad, JD is the worst nonsense. 

Like usual, it's somewhere in the middle and I think you illustrated that well no matter how many people are going to criticize you for your take.  You're right though, we just live in a time where making extreme takes is in fashion and being level headed, is not.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

If anything score made the game look closer than it was.

The offence does not look like an NFL unit.

Did the ravens offense look like an NFL unit until the 3rd W? In fact outside of a Mann shank and Flacco int they had a single big play late in the game. Jets had more passing yards, rushing yards, and first downs than the Ravens. It’s not like this game was a blow out early to pad stats. This was a defensive struggle that turned due to special teams and turnovers. Flacco sucks cawk

7 hours ago, doitny said:

This is a lot of work.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Did the ravens offense look like an NFL unit until the 3rd W? In fact outside of a Mann shank and Flacco int they had a single big play late in the game. Jets had more passing yards, rushing yards, and first downs than the Ravens. It’s not like this game was a blow out early to pad stats. This was a defensive struggle that turned due to special teams and turnovers. Flacco sucks cawk

I don’t know how the Ravens having a slow start offensively has anything to do with the Jets?

If we had got going in the 3rd quarter and put up enough points to win comfortably I doubt there’d be many complaints. The group looked incompetent all game.

I get the point. The team is young and the o line has been mixed and matched all pre season. If the team can clean up the preventable mistakes (IE fumbles and drops), the game could have been closer. The first half, defense did a nice job keeping the game close. 

I think we saw some glimpses of what some of these young guys can do on offense, the team just needs to figure it out. I’m not as discouraged as many of you are. 2023 is the year everything must come together, I’m just looking for signs of improvement and team building this year.

• Upvote 2

If we take personal emotions out of it the op has valid takes.

the defense was improved. 
offensively, it was slow and disjointed but you have to keep in mind a placeholder is at qb.

when Zach returns if it looks the same, ok jump ship but we simply have to gauge it at that point.

the biggest issue to me is the coach but not from a decision standpoint but when he speaks. He simply says things that make you think he does not have a clue.

for example doubling down that Flacco is a starting qb and could take this team to a winning record just comes off as this guy is clueless.

put the slogans to rest for the next few weeks. Say as little as possible and just focus on your coaching staff and game plans.

Stop coming off as a salesman and simply do the job of an nfl head coach

Same problem as the past decade, the offense can’t score.  Usually it’s b/c they qb sucks.  This time i think it’s more evident it’s mainly the qb and not the wr/rb/te combo b/c we’re not sitting here arguing whether these guys are getting open or whether they can catch or not.  With darnold, there was always a ‘chicken or egg’ argument about whether he was being held back by the lack of talent around him.  Yesterday, despite the OL not playing great, it was evident that a better qb would have had more success.  

Many flaws in this argument. Forgetting the ifs and butts is that the argument assumes these changes would not affect the Ravens play. Sure the easy drop in the end zone would have been 6 (not 7 as our kicker was likely going to miss), but had all of those other things have happened, Ravens wouldn't have been in prevent D in the 4th. Had we scored and pulled close, they certainly would have been more aggressive on O and then of course, they would not have been in prevent for the actual TD drive.

To help you out, however, we scored more points that 4 other teams and that includes GB with Rogers and more importantly the Pats. The problem, these teams are likely going to do better next week - not sure with Flacco we can.

I thnk the OPs point just illustrates how poorly the team played yesterday and that the blame came be spread around all aspects of the team.

It was not all Flacco as some Einsteins have suggested.

If this keeps up the D will start mailing it in. Give it 5 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I am not one to trash Saleh or call for anyone’s job, but all of the mistakes reflect on the coaching staff. The drops, fumbles, missed kicks and boneheaded plays have to be 100% unacceptable. Daniel Jones through a bad interception in the end zone yesterday and got an earful on the sidelines from Daboll. There was no pat on the back or “nice try, don’t worry about it.” He was pissed and let his QB know about it. We need some of that from Saleh. Unfortunately I think he is more concerned with being liked by his players than winning games.

Prepare yourselves for a bad 1st half of the season against tougher competition.

The Jets will rebound with the weak schedule in the last half of the season with the o-line finally jelling and Wilson back to end up with around 7 wins.

For those who want Saleh and JD gone, they'll be around due to the "progress" made at the end of the year.

Also, the Jets will end up on Hard Knocks next summer.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is worse than a Saleh speech.

It's not any fan's fault for jumping onto the myriad excuses for Jet losses train.  After the decades of abysmal losses, and the team's management ferocious spinning of the reasons why, the "but what ifs" have become engrained in all us fans.  We have all been taken to the cleaners more times than I can even remember.   And yet, here we still exist with some folks still buying into the excuses.