Jets had more Rushing yards, Passing yards, 1st downs, Time of Possession

jetstream23

On 9/11/2022 at 11:47 PM, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

You could stack that in the shelf with the Moral victory thread stating the Jets are not that far off from being mediocre, let alone decent . Lol

100%.....

Enough already ....

I mean hey we only lost by 15 points at home to a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year. We should be celebrating that one day we will be good.

The whole narrative is puzzling to me

30 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

100%.....

Enough already ....

I mean hey we only lost by 15 points at home to a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year. We should be celebrating that one day we will be good.

The whole narrative is puzzling to me

Overall I did see a few good things out of the game that gave me some sort of hope ... but also a lot of stuff that made me think "here we go again".

Last year the defense seemed to be the biggest factor in how bad we looked ... blowout after blowout, teams abusing us on the field. They looked a lot better on Sunday, though how much of that was us vs. how much was the opponent remains to be seen. I have to say though - there are times you just have to take your hat off to the opposition and recognise good football. The Duvernay TD where Hall was had very good coverage and he still caught it was just a great play by Baltimore. Jackson placed the ball perfectly and the WR made a hell of a catch with the DB all over him. Some plays you just can't stop. And there was a later pass from Jackson that was just perfectly thrown; MC2 was a hand away from knocking it down, again the placement was spot on. That's what a good QB will do.

The offense ... ugh. Lots to improve on - and it better happen quickly. The whole unit looked off kilter - I don't honestly believe we'd have fared much better whoever was at QB. I'm no Flacco fan, but I also don't think we'll suddenly just "click" when Zach gets back. We started out well running it and seemed to decide to go to the air way too much. Key drops, turnovers, OL looking like Swiss cheese ... I've seen this movie before. Even our "good" plays were a lot of broken plays, immense individual efforts. Nothing looks simple like we see so many other teams manage week in week out. 

• Upvote 1

Jets fans:  WE NEED ACCCOUNTABILITY!!!!

Complain that the team won't play Mims or Garrett Wilson until they learn the full playbook

Jets fans:  THESE ******* GUYS JUST KEEP PROPPING UP THEIR DRAFT PICKS AND FREE AGENT SIGNINGS!   PLAYING TIME SHOULD BE BASED ON MERIT!

Complain that the team gave some run to Cager who had an excellent camp.

• Sympathy 1

Everybody is harping on them "going away from the run."  I'm not so sure they did.  The Ravens might have been setting up to stop it, which should lead us to pass.  Campbell and Pierce aren't exactly easy to move and were beating us up.   What I would like to see is more mixing it up.  To start the game they seemed to be running on every first down.  I think this running game is dynamic enough to use on 2nd and 3rd and longer distances.  If the team is playing the pass, it doesn't matter how long it is, it should be something we can make in the air or on the ground.  I would like to see that attitude, but that would certainly lead to more people killing the coach if it didn't work.

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jets fans:  WE NEED ACCCOUNTABILITY!!!!

Complain that the team won't play Mims or Garrett Wilson until they learn the full playbook

Jets fans:  THESE ******* GUYS JUST KEEP PROPPING UP THEIR DRAFT PICKS AND FREE AGENT SIGNINGS!   PLAYING TIME SHOULD BE BASED ON MERIT!

Complain that the team gave some run to Cager who had an excellent camp.

Whats the point?   It's the fan base fault?

Or.we should just shut up.....?

Or both??

But this was against what was possibly a top 3 defense of all time and I thought he threw for over 420 yards in the rain and slop, no?  Most QB's were throwing for what seemed like 150 yards per week against that team.  Either way...miserable loss.
And didn't we have to win that game because we lost to the lions the week before?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Whats the point?   It's the fan base fault?

Or.we should just shut up.....?

Or both??

I don't think fans on a message board influence the game. 

I don't give a **** if you flap your gums.  Generally I enjoy it.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.  I hear both sides of those coins spouted with regularity by people that think that they are 100% right and that nobody disagrees with them.  Even the people spouting the diametrically opposed viewpoint.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

And didn't we have to win that game because we lost to the lions the week before?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yup.  And I think that game had even sloppier conditions than Jets/Ravens.  A few days later Al Groh was gone.  I saw the headline and thought it was a practical joke.

On 9/12/2022 at 3:03 AM, LockeJET said:

He’s a lock to be a Cowboy. Needed Dallas to have a monster year for us to have a shot at Payton. But now Prescott is out 6-8 weeks. 

McCarthy looks befuddled, like he lost his wallet and car keys in the back of a strip club after 12 drinks and a full contact lap dance in the Champagne Room. 

• Haha 1

This game looked like a continuation of what we saw from the starters in the preseason: turnovers on offense and a bad penalty on the defense. The defense had the team more than in the game in the first half, though. With even competent offensive play, the Jets go into the locker room at the half with the lead. 

The OL looked very rough, but at least some of that should’ve been expected. This is not a simple blocking scheme that they operate, and the five guys they trotted out there to start only started up lining up that way last week. The fact that Tomlinson was the weakest link should actually be encouraging - he’s a much better player than he displayed on Sunday, and that will demonstrate itself as these guys get comfortable working together. Another big plus is that we didn’t hear Mitchell’s name at all. 

I’m all for them throwing White in there, though. QB is a massive variable, let’s change that and see what the results are. I don’t expect it, though, and I don’t think I’d expect any miracles if they did barring a complete turnaround in one week from the line. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think fans on a message board influence the game. 

I don't give a **** if you flap your gums.  Generally I enjoy it.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.  I hear both sides of those coins spouted with regularity by people that think that they are 100% right and that nobody disagrees with them.  Even the people spouting the diametrically opposed viewpoint.

Got it. So Your here to save the day and police the board?  Or just pointing out stuff to people?

On 9/11/2022 at 11:49 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Garbage time is magical for skewing stats

What’s that, 19 people that agreed and apparently didn’t watch the game?

For whatever it’s worth the Jet numbers were better than the Ravens at the half, for the game.  Wasn’t padded by garbage time

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What’s that, 19 people that agreed and apparently didn’t watch the game?

For whatever it’s worth the Jet numbers were better than the Ravens at the half, for the game.  Wasn’t padded by garbage time

You're right.  One stat that really stood out to me was 59 for 4.8 Net yards per pass attempt.  Those are two horrible numbers.

The Ravens O was pretty pedestrian but Lamar had a 7.8 net yards per pass attempt.   

Our run game was actually pretty good when we used it.  The problem is it didn't really set up any chunk plays in the passing game.  We actually averaged more per run attempt than we did for pass attempt.   That's totally ass backwards.   The run wasn't setting up play action at all.  We might have been better off putting more blockers in and matching a helmet on a helmet and playing a little smash mouth like we did with Martin.

I was pretty excited with the Hall pick.  I would have liked to see him get 15 to 20 carries and see if he could have ripped a couple of big runs through a crease.   

Hard to win when you throw it 59 times and average less than 5 yards per attempt.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 9/13/2022 at 8:34 AM, rangerous said:

turnovers, bad field position, and so.  hopefully the team takes notice of this.  as i recall kotite's team had decent offense numbers too.

Yup.  I didn't feel like the Jets were uncompetitive.  They were down 10-3 in the 2nd half.  Couldn't convert 3rd downs and couldn't make a reasonably big play when needed.  MC dropping a TD, Hall's fumble, a blown coverage on Bateman.  It's not like the Jets didn't belong on the field with the Ravens.  They thoroughly frustrated Lamar and the D looked much better than I thought they would.  Feels like the floor on this team is noticeably higher than previous years.  We'll see...

On 9/11/2022 at 11:45 PM, jetstream23 said:

Still lost and it didn’t really feel close. Weird game.

06FFA80B-F824-4A7A-BF85-256CF5492B92.thumb.jpeg.ff4bcb4fbc6be1c498c65b22d72698ee.jpeg

The turnovers really killed them .  And the dropped TD pass by the RB.  And the 4 pts the kicker left on the field.  And the bad DPI penalty that led to the first Baltimore TD.  And the INT because the TE fell down.   Lot of bad" breaks" that if corrected might have led to a W.  Despite losing the game and looking bad, there are actually some encouraging things to take from this game. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Carter is a dude.  They need to commit to the run Sunday.  59 throws w/ Flacco is unacceptable when you have 2 RB's like Carter and Hall.  They should be rolling out 2-3 TE packages, heavy run, play action to TE all day vs. Clev.  Having Flacco dropping back to the same spot in static pocket trying to push the ball down field all day vs. that pass rush will be suicide. 

• Upvote 3

People want to count the dropped pass by Carter like some great loss, but we didn't really lose seven points on that play (Okay, six.  I'm sure Zurlein would have blown the kick.  Again).  We handed them the ball on the six.  They had a holding call, then ran the clock down from four minutes to a little under three and then, strangely, tried to make a third and six by throwing deep and getting picked by Reed.  I guess Jackson figured a deep pick equated to a punt.  We started inside Ravens territory and leisurely walked down for a score as time expired. 

The whole thing reminded me of the "great" Sanchez "comeback" against the Steelers in 2010.  The Jets were down by a ton, took their sweet time.  Now all the geniuses look at them missing the TD and count it as seven extra points, but they got a safety which gave them two points and the ball in good field position.  That slow ass drive for the final TD brutal.  It would not have been 7+2+7.  It probably just would have been 7. 

I am not sure why people are whining about abandoning the run.  I get that we want to run more, but we were taking our sweet time as it was.  Down a bunch you throw.  This should not be news to anybody and if they ran down 20 in the fourth quarter people would be whining about giving up and having no sense of urgency.