Any reason Zach Wilson is not on the sideline with the team?

Matt39

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Jets got bigger problems than where Zach is watching the game from. But if this is what you wanna focus on go for it lol

He’s the starting QB and a captain. I’ve never seen this before. He’s not involved at all? Maybe the Jets explained why but this is very strange.

• Upvote 2

This same thing was posed in the preseason.  And I think its a fair point.  If you don't want him standing on the sidelines because of the injury....fine.  But why isn't he in the box with Lafleur getting a feel for how/why he calls a game.  It seems there is something to be gained there as opposed to watching it alone in a suite

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

with an easy answer. He has a leg injury.

That's actually not an answer.

Also, he's not hurt, it was a 2-4 week injury and per Saleh hasn't had a setback.  So unless the team is lying, he's not actually "hurt" anymore, just working to get to 100% ready to start or some other whatever.

He should be on the sideline with his teammates.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

This same thing was posed in the preseason.  And I think its a fair point.  If you don't want him standing on the sidelines because of the injury....fine.  But why isn't he in the box with Lafleur getting a feel for how/why he calls a game.  It seems there is something to be gained there as opposed to watching it alone in a suite

I’m fairly certain players, active or not, are not allowed in the booth.  They have pretty tight restrictions on who/what is allowed in those.

• Upvote 1

I realize there is more to worry about than this, but quite frankly I am starting to wonder and worry about his heart. He doesn't seem to  want to play. He doesn't seem to want to be with his team. Even if not cleared, a winner would be fighting to get on the field.

Baker played last year with a bad arm and soldered through. Now he was also traded, but at least he showed heart. Sadly, while Zach's knee will heal, I doubt his heart does.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I realize there is more to worry about than this, but quite frankly I am starting to wonder and worry about his heart. He doesn't seem to  want to play. He doesn't seem to want to be with his team. Even if not cleared, a winner would be fighting to get on the field.

Baker played last year with a bad arm and soldered through. Now he was also traded, but at least he showed heart. Sadly, while Zach's knee will heal, I doubt his heart does.

That really panned out well for baker and the browns 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Because LeFlure has to focus on the game, not spoon feeding an injured player the game plan. 

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's actually not an answer.

Also, he's not hurt, it was a 2-4 week injury and per Saleh hasn't had a setback.  So unless the team is lying, he's not actually "hurt" anymore, just working to get to 100% ready to start or some other whatever.

He should be on the sideline with his teammates.

I think you have too much faith in this teams injury estimates. I'm fairly sure he is still not cleared to play. 

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have grown to enjoy the posts Matt brings to the table, so I say this with as much kindness as can be in a message like this, but dude you get bothered about the most ridiculous stuff. 

Team sport. He’s a captain. It’s not a ridiculous question. If it’s purely injury related then it’s be an easy answer. But someone should ask Saleh if Wilson is getting the calls in an earpiece.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Makes sense, I forgot they don’t have places to sit on the bench.

If you've ever gone to a football game, non-starters are never on the bench unless their huddled up speaking with the positional coach (i.e. the backup QB with the starter and QB coach). Guys sit for probably 20% of the time, and the bench is usually reserved for guys playing to get a rest in. You're not going to chain the guy to the bench. 

I don't know where he was sitting, but I would have preferred him in the coaches box more than anything. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I think it's  pretty well documented  that I am not this kids biggest fan but this post is nuts. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think you have too much faith in this teams injury estimates. I'm fairly sure he is still not cleared to play. 

Wilson went through a workout last week didn’t he? If he couldn’t put weight on his leg for an extended period I doubt he’d be doing that. 

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

He spent an awful lot of time flying around the country all summer to workout with his teammates for someone who suddenly “doesn’t want to be with his team.”

• Upvote 3