Browns game almost a Must Win for this team

kevinc855

The good news is, if Flaccid gets another start, Myles Garrett will knock him out of the game before the 1st quarter is over.

Mike Lafleur needs to get his head out of his ass and bring back the creative play calling from last year.  Where the heck were the jet sweeps?  The across the field throwbacks?

Flaccid was awful yesterday but Lafleur was just as bad.

The only reason we didnt lose by 50 is because Ulbrich was brilliant yesterday.  He coached his ass off and had a heck of a game plan to contain Lamar.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I actually agree that it is a must win, not because I believe we are making the playoffs but because this franchise cannot have another lost season where we are done by Columbus Day!! While I have indicated in my previous posts that our performance yesterday was an embarrassment and the product of a losing team, the one source of hope I have is that very often the first week of the season is an outlier of the rest of the season. Again I’m not expecting miracles, just progress and respectability.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Idk why you would assume Zachs play will be any better.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Zach is a mobile QB and would 100% handle the pocket better than Geriatric Joe did yesterday. I don't know if he goes through his reads and gets to the check down faster but it wouldn't take a HOF'r to do that.

• Upvote 1

Remember at the beginning of last season when the defense looked ok and the offense looked horrible?

MF is a smart guys who understands football x and o.  I can't imagine he is the one who is pushing for Flacco.  

But in JD's next GM job, he will know not to take players who are either injury prone OR built like they will be injury prone.  Having to manage around the Becton and ZWilson injuries have destroyed this team.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The NY Jets need to beat the Cleveland Browns. With the Super Bowl bengals on the schedule next, the Jets need to beat a Jocoby Brissett led team in the worst way. I dont want this season going sideways so early. 

Be prepared for the Jets to be effectively eliminated from contention before Zach Wilson takes his first snap this season.

0-3 is quite likely, especially if we stick with Flacco.

And if Zach isn't back by Week 4 (and who knows at this point, he was supposed to be back by now), it's hard to see Flacco winning any games.

Zach's first start being in effective "trash time" for the 2022 season would be the most disappointing, and most Jetsy, thing that could possibly happen.

• Upvote 2