Browns game almost a Must Win for this team

kevinc855

the jets will be 0-6 my advice to you is just keep betting against them until vegas makes the spreads what they should be-yesterday was like taking candy from a baby-next week the jets will get eaten alive if flacco is the QB you can take that too the bank -once he is named starter run dont walk to your sports  book
chubb and hunt will eat our d alive-the ravens had no viable RB yesterday-next week Chubb will get 150+

But the Ravens did nothing yesterday in the run game. They averaged 3 yards on 21 carries.

9 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I actually agree that it is a must win, not because I believe we are making the playoffs but because this franchise cannot have another lost season where we are done by Columbus Day!! While I have indicated in my previous posts that our performance yesterday was an embarrassment and the product of a losing team, the one source of hope I have is that very often the first week of the season is an outlier of the rest of the season. Again I’m not expecting miracles, just progress and respectability.

Good luck withthatesp, with this BS HC. 

If you want to make the playoffs you need to win week 2..

“Since 2007, 118 teams have gone 0-2. Only 12 have rallied to make the playoffs. That’s 106-12 (8.8%) chance for all you math fans at home. Eleven teams were 0-2 last year, none made the playoffs. In 2021, seven teams have started 0-2. Those hopeless group includes:

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Minnesota, New York Giants, Detroit, Atlanta, New York Jets”

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The NY Jets need to beat the Cleveland Browns. With the Super Bowl bengals on the schedule next, the Jets need to beat a Jocoby Brissett led team in the worst way. I dont want this season going sideways so early. 

100% I agree. Can't start 0 and 3.

Have to tread water until some of the easier games like the Patriots come up.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

If you want to make the playoffs you need to win week 2..

“Since 2007, 118 teams have gone 0-2. Only 12 have rallied to make the playoffs. That’s 106-12 (8.8%) chance for all you math fans at home. Eleven teams were 0-2 last year, none made the playoffs. In 2021, seven teams have started 0-2. Those hopeless group includes:

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Minnesota, New York Giants, Detroit, Atlanta, New York Jets”

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

100% I agree. Can't start 0 and 3.

Have to tread water until some of the easier games like the Patriots come up.

I don’t care about the end result I really don’t. Just want to see the core of this team’s (hopefully bright) future continue to develop.

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Be prepared for the Jets to be effectively eliminated from contention before Zach Wilson takes his first snap this season.

0-3 is quite likely, especially if we stick with Flacco.

And if Zach isn't back by Week 4 (and who knows at this point, he was supposed to be back by now), it's hard to see Flacco winning any games.

Zach's first start being in effective "trash time" for the 2022 season would be the most disappointing, and most Jetsy, thing that could possibly happen.

I can already see the press conference going into Wk 4 with the Jets 0-3.

Saleh steps to the podium, starts rolling his eyes and shaking his head at the same time a la Gase..."Ok guys some bad news, 2 is out for the rest of the year he was just put on season ending IR as was Duane Brown, 2 had some totally unforeseen complications that were unforeseen when we told you that he was probable to start in Wk 1, professional football is a very tough sport, I wish things were different, I will now refer any of your questions to the Johnson Bros discount doctors Vinny Goombatz and Nick....that's all I've got for now guys".

23 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The NY Jets need to beat the Cleveland Browns. With the Super Bowl bengals on the schedule next, the Jets need to beat a Jocoby Brissett led team in the worst way. I dont want this season going sideways so early. 

This is a 6 to 8 win team. There are no must wins.

Browns have a very good team with a back-up QB (who was a starter a few years ago). If the Oline can't block, and the WRs can't catch, and players put the ball on the ground, doesn't matter who the opposing QB is.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let one slip? lol they got dominated from start to finish 

The Ravens O dominated? They couldn't run, were getting little in the passing game other than a couple days, and there was a lot of pressure on their QB.

As for their defense, our O left plays on the field the whole first half. Drops, fumbles, etc... I agree, the Jets were not beat by the Ravens, they were beat by themselves. It may turn out to be the only team the Jets can beat is themselves actually; they have a pretty good track record there...

The Ravens did end up running away with it, but it was far from being a dominating performance. Either way though, still an L for the team.

22 hours ago, Trotter said:

Must win is a little strong for me but there certainly is a urgency with this game.

the defense which I thought played well must be consistent. No regression and a bit of improvement in the secondary.

offensively they have to game plan more effectively with flacco assuming he is starting.

if this is a close competative game and say they lose by a field goal while not the outcome we all want, at least gets us closer.

a repeat of yesterdays overall offense or a defense setback would be a very bad take for this cs.

I would expect a level of urgency with every game... I think that's what's so disappointing with some of these games. Do these players care?

If the Jets lose Sunday and they are out of the game late in the 3rd Q, there will be an increasing # of posts here centered on the ‘23 draft. It does feel like a must win.

However, I have faith in this Jets team and Saleh.  I’m in the minority, I suppose, but I didn’t mind what Saleh said yesterday in his presser.

Unfortunately, we have a huge problem at the most important position on the field.  If Flacco looks the same on Sunday as he did v the Ravens you just have to hope the D keeps it close so White can take over in the second half and rally the O.

This is a must win just to calm down all the craziness from the media and the fans after one game. Did anyone really expect playoffs?? Saleh and Lafleur should think hard about whether Flacco really gives them the best chance to win when he has not done won in so long. 

13 hours ago, jgb said:

Yeah, no kidding. And to think we're called Fake Jets Fans* for the sin of cut-and-pasting BYU's stats from pro-football-reference.com.

*No one has yet to explain why TF anyone would pretend to be a Jets fan of all things.

JJ had half a sack. Which is ∞% more sacks than Vernon Gholston's entire career.

It's also more than than Carl Lawson has had as a Jet as well!

Edited by xJayce
Revised to state Carl Lawson's career as a Jet, not just last season.

6 minutes ago, BigB said:

This is a must win just to calm down all the craziness from the media and the fans after one game. Did anyone really expect playoffs?? Saleh and Lafleur should think hard about whether Flacco really gives them the best chance to win when he has not done won in so long. 

Yes!  The Jets aren't a playoff team.  Why trot out Flacco in any game.  White may be a backup QB but he could be a backup for 10 years and develop into a decent backup that can win a spot start.  Steveler could be the backup.  We know exactly what Flacco is at this point.  He should be cut.  

19 minutes ago, xJayce said:

The Ravens O dominated? They couldn't run, were getting little in the passing game other than a couple days, and there was a lot of pressure on their QB.

As for their defense, our O left plays on the field the whole first half. Drops, fumbles, etc... I agree, the Jets were not beat by the Ravens, they were beat by themselves. It may turn out to be the only team the Jets can beat is themselves actually; they have a pretty good track record there...

The Ravens did end up running away with it, but it was far from being a dominating performance. Either way though, still an L for the team.

Their defense dominated our offense. And our defense held its own in the first half only to get shredded in 2nd half. So yes they were dominated 

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Yes!  The Jets aren't a playoff team.  Why trot out Flacco in any game.  White may be a backup QB but he could be a backup for 10 years and develop into a decent backup that can win a spot start.  Steveler could be the backup.  We know exactly what Flacco is at this point.  He should be cut.  

I agree, Flacco should only see the field if there is no one else left to play QB. I rather see Streveler or White at QB just to see what they look like in real games. Saleh needs to get some balls and make a change at the QB position even if it means narrowing down the playbook.

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Their defense dominated our offense. And our defense held its own in the first half only to get shredded in 2nd half. So yes they were dominated 

I disagree with 'got shredded'. 

Ravens had 1 drive go for more than 45 yards and 2 drives go for more than 34 yards. They were contained for most of the game. One big chunk play on blown coverage, and one on a PI call.

Defense did well overall.

First half, our team wasn't able to move the ball, their Dline beat our Oline into the ground. In the second half (before the Ravens ran away with it), we had started moving the ball. Fumbles and dropped passes killed us again.

Add to that we had some opportunities that were lost by special teams. We're not a good enough team to recover from a missed XP, a missed 45 yard FG, and a 14 yard punt, in addition to the drops and fumbles.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

I would like to see how the ravens played Lawson... hard to tell from the broadcast... was he doubled a lot? Chipped?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'm out of market so often end up listening through the radio. Not sure what happened, but given they were down their starting OT, I was expecting a lot of noise from Lawson. I heard about the Dline getting pressure, but didn't really hear his name called out.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

I don’t care about the end result I really don’t. Just want to see the core of this team’s (hopefully bright) future continue to develop.

You are right, if they start 0 and 3 without Wilson but he comes in week 4 and tears it up that would be good.

I am looking at it through the traditional, let's make the damn playoffs lense.

16 minutes ago, xJayce said:

I disagree with 'got shredded'. 

Ravens had 1 drive go for more than 45 yards and 2 drives go for more than 34 yards. They were contained for most of the game. One big chunk play on blown coverage, and one on a PI call.

Defense did well overall.

First half, our team wasn't able to move the ball, their Dline beat our Oline into the ground. In the second half (before the Ravens ran away with it), we had started moving the ball. Fumbles and dropped passes killed us again.

Add to that we had some opportunities that were lost by special teams. We're not a good enough team to recover from a missed XP, a missed 45 yard FG, and a 14 yard punt, in addition to the drops and fumbles.

This is spot on.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This is the post of the year.  100%!

• Upvote 1

More than anything, the Jets need to show competency. They need to have a better game plan offensively, they need to catch and maintain possession of footballs, and they need to execute kicks and punts before worrying about whether or not this is a "must win" game. 

The Browns are a talented team. Their defense and running game is far superior to the Ravens'. That's not to say the Jets don't have a chance; if they call the right game plan and avoid self-inflicted wounds they are capable of winning, but propping it up as a must win game is unrealistic. 

Just now, football guy said:

More than anything, the Jets need to show competency. They need to have a better game plan offensively, they need to catch and maintain possession of footballs, and they need to execute kicks and punts before worrying about whether or not this is a "must win" game. 

The Browns are a talented team. Their defense and running game is far superior to the Ravens'. That's not to say the Jets don't have a chance; if they call the right game plan and avoid self-inflicted wounds they are capable of winning, but propping it up as a must win game is unrealistic. 

We can stop the run and they have a nice third QB on the roster starting.   This is all about effort, game plan and execution.  We match up very well against the current Browns team.  

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not a "must win" in the literal sense but it is a very important game for the current regime.  If we play listless and lose again, it will sap a lot of the goodwill from the offseason.

This team needs to show some fight and some promise. 

Indeed, did this HC ever consider that maybe just maybe the added pressure caused by his remarks will back-fire on his young players who may start to press even more....  If they lose and I expect them to - after watching some of the Browns game last week - the heat RS is feeeling now will turn-up several notches.... 

On 9/12/2022 at 10:38 AM, BigRy56 said:

Felt that was mostly about consistently shooting themselves in the foot at every corner as opposed to what the Ravens were doing

Ravens only took advantage of our mistakes. Nothing more, nothing less.  At the end of the first half, the Ravens totaled their fewest rushing yards in the Lamar Jackson era. 

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

In my humble opinion, the Jets will beat the Browns and Baker and the Pussycats will lose to the soon to be 2-0 Giants. 

Sounds like we have our first friendly wager of the year, buddy! Let me know what line you have on Sunday. You get the Jets, I’ll take the Browns. I’ll even give you an extra 2 1/2 added to the best line you find.

As for the pussycats and Gmen, I agree with you, but I’d stay away from that one if you’re considering a play…

BTW that thing I talked about how I was going to watch the Panthers and Baker all season? I didn’t even make it to kickoff. @Spoot-Face hooked me up with a way to watch the Jets.  ( I did tune in to see Baker lead them back before that damned 58 yard FG at the gun…