Browns game almost a Must Win for this team

kevinc855

39 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Smoking Joe Flacco is 17-3 vs the Browns

Joe's career stats vs Browns: 4,638 yds - 27 tds - 13 ints - 61.48% cmp

Joe Flacco is also winless as the Jets QB

Let's hope your stat pays off, but I really struggle to see it happen if the OL plays anything like it did against the Ravens.

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The last time Joe Flacco won a game was October 13th 2019. He was 18 of 28 for 177 yards 0TD/1INT.

Yeah but he went for 300 vs Miami last season.  Nevermind that the team lost.

Saleh might forget his kids’ names someday.

Judging by how often he mentions it, he will never forget that factoid.

I heard a stat today, 119 teams have started 0-2 (I think it was the last 10 or 12 years) and only 12 of them have made the playoffs.  Obviously this was mostly pre 17 games but still, pretty ugly stat.  So sure, if you expected the Jets to make the playoffs, maybe this is a must win but you didnt, so it's not.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:44 AM, Biggs said:

We can stop the run and they have a nice third QB on the roster starting.   This is all about effort, game plan and execution.  We match up very well against the current Browns team.  

I fear the run defense is not nearly as good as they showed out against Baltimore, but I do think we can play well and possibly even win if they hit on those 3 things. The Browns have mastered their wide-zone rush scheme and its pretty much their identity; its inevitable they gain yards on us. Need to avoid the big plays against the run because the secondary matches up well against their passing attack. 

On offense, it's going to be about your 3 points the most. The Browns are going to get to the QB if you give them the opportunity to. We will be able to run if we commit to it, and the value of being so deep and versatile at WR/TE is that we can manufacture positive matchups to avoid guys like Denzel Ward. I've written it a lot of times now, but the game plan needs to be about getting the ball into our playmakers hands quickly and allowing them to make a play after the catch. Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, Braxton Berrios, Michael Carter, and Breece Hall all have the ability of making plays in space; that needs to be the priority. 

On 9/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, Green Ghost said:

Sounds like we have our first friendly wager of the year, buddy! Let me know what line you have on Sunday. You get the Jets, I’ll take the Browns. I’ll even give you an extra 2 1/2 added to the best line you find.

As for the pussycats and Gmen, I agree with you, but I’d stay away from that one if you’re considering a play…

BTW that thing I talked about how I was going to watch the Panthers and Baker all season? I didn’t even make it to kickoff. @Spoot-Face hooked me up with a way to watch the Jets.  ( I did tune in to see Baker lead them back before that damned 58 yard FG at the gun…

Oh my god. Wish I saw this. Lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:56 AM, playtowinthegame said:

Smoking Joe Flacco is 17-3 vs the Browns

Joe's career stats vs Browns: 4,638 yds - 27 tds - 13 ints - 61.48% cmp

On 9/14/2022 at 10:18 AM, playtowinthegame said:

In my humble opinion, the Jets will beat the Browns and Baker and the Pussycats will lose to the soon to be 2-0 Giants. 

doing big balls GIF

• Upvote 1