Jets will beat the Browns 20-17 this coming week. We continue the pick the Jets outcome until I am wrong thread for another week.

Alka

That's right.  Against the Ravens, I predicted that the Ravens would beat the spread, and of course win the game.  I said it would be somewhere around 27-17 game, with a garbage TD by the Jets in the closing minutes.  Well, the Ravens got 24, and if Michael Carter catches the easy pass going into the end zone on that 4th down, the Jets would have gotten around 16 points.

Anyway, here we are for game #2 agains the Brownies.

While the Jets are 6.5 point underdogs, I pay no attention to that whatsoever.  This Jets team needed a game to figure some things out, and I feel that things will be looking up for them against the Browns.  I love our defense against this Browns team, and feel that turnovers in the Jets favor will be a contributing factor to the Jets pulling out a victory in this game.  I also feel that the offense will gameplan better in helping Flacco, and I think that Flacco will get the ball out faster than he did in the Ravens game.  I also think that special teams will supply a jolt.

In the end, I predict a nail biter, with the Jets winning the game, and evening up the season at 1-1.  

Let us all hope that I'm right, and you all will have the pleasure of me continuing this thread for at least another week!!

• Thumb Down 1

I think when Saleh says he is "taking receipts" when people are bashing the Jets, I believe that he knows something most people don't yet know.  And that is that this Jets team "is" better than what they showed last Sunday.  I believe that the players know it, and the coaches know it.

I was very impressed with the defense, and while the offense looked like sh*t, I believe that there are some correctable things that will happen this week.  For one, the offensive line now has a game under their belt, and an additional week of practice to try to jell together.   I think that Flacco, not having played the entire preseason, needed to work off the rust.  Flacco will not transform himself into Tom Brady, but I think that he will get rid of the football faster, and provide a better accounting of himself this coming week.

I guess I must be a glass half-full guy, but that's just the way I see it.

Jets win 31-30, and the Jets won the game as I predicted.  I honestly don't care how they won, but I said it would be a nail biter, and it was.  Anyway, we will continue the pick the Jets outcome  every week until I am wrong thread.  

I'm sure you are all breathlessly awaiting my next pick, and I will let you know it during the week.  

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

Jets win 31-30, and the Jets won the game as I predicted.  I honestly don't care how they won, but I said it would be a nail biter, and it was.  Anyway, we will continue the pick the Jets outcome  every week until I am wrong thread.  

I'm sure you are all breathlessly awaiting my next pick, and I will let you know it during the week.  

That's both true and absolutely hilarious at the same time.

• Upvote 1