Saleh Press Conference 9/12 - Flaccid is most likely the starter

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Whoa even surprising than the "Receipts" comment was the "Expansion Team" one.

I don't mind the comments to be honest - at least it shows fire.

Bowles and Gase were so bland and weird that I'll take this over that.

BUT...you talk like this then you have to win.

I would have to think Saleh is feeling the heat responding like this...also sticking up for Joe D....who must also be feeling the heat.

I wonder what Woody said to them.....

If this thing turns into 2021 you guys are out 

simple 

I totally understand what Saleh is talking about.  I said to my buddy just before halftime, "We are better then the ravens.  We are more talented and outplaying them."  

Now, we shot oursleves in the foot waaaaaaay to many times and Flaccid is a joke so obviously we did not win the game.

When Zach comes back and it clicks. Probably around week 7 or 8, this team is going to take off.

I dont do receipts cause it would be 95% of this board.  But it will be classic to see how mad fans will get when we start winning.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

If this thing turns into 2021 you guys are out 

simple 

Not sure if Woody is alpha / shrewd / ballsy enough for a comment like that.

But I could see calling Sean Paytons' agent (only to get hung up on) in the owner's box standing right next to Joe Douglas...

"Hi this is Woody John...hello? helloooo? YELLLOW? Chrissy !!! I thought we switched to Verizon!?"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I totally understand what Saleh is talking about.  I said to my buddy just before halftime, "We are better then the ravens.  We are more talented and outplaying them."  

Now, we shot oursleves in the foot waaaaaaay to many times and Flaccid is a joke so obviously we did not win the game.

When Zach comes back and it clicks. Probably around week 7 or 8, this team is going to take off.

I dont do receipts cause it would be 95% of this board.  But it will be classic to see how mad fans will get when we start winning.

Nah, they'll  all just say , its all we ever wanted was to be good again , while continuing to bitch and moan about every negative play or decision. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You tell them Bobby!

This will either work masterfully well by motivating his players, or this will blow up in epic proportions.

To me, this means it’s a 50-50 chance he’ll be gone next season…because they players are probably not listening.

I wish he proves me wrong.

Its not Jim Fassell, "Im putting my chips in.  This team is going to the playoffs" kind of stuff.  But it is a statement that he realizes himself, Joe Douglas and Zach Wilson are on their own.  They will not be backed by this fanbase.  Its sad and pathetic but that is the disease for you.

I hope when he hoists the lombardi over his head he laughs at the fanbase too on national tv.  Would be epic.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You tell them Bobby!

This will either work masterfully well by motivating his players, or this will blow up in epic proportions.

To me, this means it’s a 50-50 chance he’ll be gone next season…because they players are probably not listening.

I wish he proves me wrong.

50/50 he's in a psych ward by next Tuesday.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not Jim Fassell, "Im putting my chips in.  This team is going to the playoffs" kind of stuff.  But it is a statement that he realizes himself, Joe Douglas and Zach Wilson are on their own.  They will not be backed by this fanbase.  Its sad and pathetic but that is the disease for you.

I hope when he hoists the lombardi over his head he laughs at the fanbase too on national tv.  Would be epic.

There are 32 jobs as GM, HC and starting QB's in the NFL.   They all get paid millions to win.  They win they are beloved by the fan base.  They lose they go into the dustbin of history as losers and are forgotten.  Big time professional sports is big time competition.  

38 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He can eat my ass with that attitude. :tongue2:

I was a huge fan of his hiring.  I really wanted him to succeed.

But if he starts taking THIS kind of attitude with US loyal fans, the folks who were here decades before he got here, and will be here decades after his ass is fired, he can eat all the ass.  

:Bitter:

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He should keep his trap shut and figure out how to out-scheme at least ONE football team. And now, he’s started a sh*t storm. Just listen to the radio right now. Some guy just called in WFAN and put it perfectly…he’s got a receipt for 6 tickets from yesterday’s game that he’s glad to send to Salah after such an impotent offensive display.

stop defending him, he put his foot in his mouth today.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He is not backed by a fan base that was ready to fly to Philly last year when he left without a contract offer?

do you read what you type before hitting send?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I really hate to say this but he is going down a road including the likes of joe judge and ray handley.

either he refuses to take advice of the jets pr staff or he simply does not understand media.

this story typically does not end well

The Jets are truly afraid that Mike White will turn out better than Zach and they will look like Bozos for drafting him so high .

• Upvote 1

Mike White should be the starter. He can get the ball out quick which will give the OL time to gel over the next couple of weeks without getting the QB killed. The majority of our weapons are good YAC guys. White will get them the ball in space quickly and let them go to work. I don't think White is the long-term answer because he is limited (can't threaten you deep). But at least he gives you a chance to win within this offense and with this supporting cast.

I personally wouldn't look at it as a desperate move. Flacco hasn't done anything earn playing time. If anything, it shows he is holding players accountable. 

• Upvote 1