Jump to content

Saleh Press Conference 9/12 - Flaccid is most likely the starter


Joe W. Namath
 Share

Recommended Posts

The fact that he doubled down on the "shoving receipts down the diseased throats" shows this was a calculated move, not a slip.

He wants the diseased portion of the fanbase to know that they are not wanted nor needed around here.  And especially not wanted when we start winning.  And he is 100% right.  

I have been bringing this to the boards attention for a while now.  Good thing our head coach is on my side too.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely is taking a harder approach in terms of how he's answering these questions. Calling the pre-JD era Jets an expansion team was crazy. Not that he's wrong, but just that he said that. Feels like nobody says stuff like that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Again, this already happened.  Have you been reading this board?  The majority of Jet fans hate Joe D, hate Robert Saleh and hate Zach Wilson.  They all know this and give 2 sh!ts about this diseased fanbase.

Taking an adversarial stance against fans while over seeing the losingest jets football in 30 years is certainly a way to keep their jobs.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Fanbases have a way of turning on coaches who's track record is mostly blowout losses. 

Its a psychological ploy too.  Its a message to the team saying, "We are all we got.  We dont even have a fanbase behind us".

I love it and think it will work.  he is trying his best to get a win or 2 before Zach comes back.  Then its on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I firmly believe this is the exact moment the fan base officially turns on Saleh. 

You don't get to say something like this with your track record, at all. 

If he was just having a down season, sure, but he has been a loser since the day he walked in the door. 

I agree 100%.  I think is high on his own supply and thinks he's got street cred up the wazoo. 

Wake up buddy.  You've been on good teams, but you haven't been the thing that made the team good. (Russell Wilson and Kyle Shannan) 

Now you have to figure it out yourself and you decided to start Flacco again and call for receipts?  AND you lied about your starting QBs injury duration to a fanbase that you treat like little kids.  

Seriously dude tell me that success can't come immediately again in a presser like I haven't been waiting since you were a teenager. Reporter asks him what he wants to say to the fanbase, and he says losing sucks for the owners, the players, the coaches, and the fans.  He said the fanbase you jack wagon.  Show us some respect were more dedicated than you can understand.  

Honestly I just think that he just isnt very bright.  He's not book (strategy) smart, he's not street (awareness) smart.  He runs stairs.  Great stuff, read a book.  

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

The fact that he doubled down on the "shoving receipts down the diseased throats" shows this was a calculated move, not a slip.

He wants the diseased portion of the fanbase to know that they are not wanted nor needed around here.  And especially not wanted when we start winning.  And he is 100% right.  

I have been bringing this to the boards attention for a while now.  Good thing our head coach is on my side too.

Calculated stupidity doesn't equal motivational genius.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

The Jets are truly afraid that Mike White will turn out better than Zach and they will look like Bozos for drafting him so high .

Ok. Maybe that is the case. I honestly do not know.

what I do know is he is coming off as a complete jackass and just needs to shutup.

if he wants receipts I will give him one. This team is not going to the playoffs.


They have alot of promising young talent but they are simply no there yet.

there are key questions still to be answered with him and his coaching staff right at the top of the list

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Calculated stupidity doesn't equal motivational genius.  

We will see.  I believe this team will takeoff once Zach knocks the rust off after his 1st few starts.  

Until then, the fan base will stay miserable and now completely unload on Saleh and the team.

My popcorn is ready!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

We will see.  I believe this team will takeoff once Zach knocks the rust off after his 1st few starts.  

Until then, the fan base will stay miserable and now completely unload on Saleh and the team.

My popcorn is ready!

In case I missed it didn't you spit out Saleh's Johnson for starting Joe Flacco?  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will see.  I believe this team will takeoff once Zach knocks the rust off after his 1st few starts.  

Until then, the fan base will stay miserable and now completely unload on Saleh and the team.

My popcorn is ready!

How about this.

if this team makes the playoffs I will send a check for $500 to st Jude’s. You can save this post and I will repost at the end of the season with a copy or receipt as proof.

I will also mail a copy to coach saleh at one jet drive.

since there is little to no chance of the above happening, I will make the donation anyway since a child should never ever have to deal with cancer.

.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I really hate to say this but he is going down a road including the likes of joe judge and ray handley.

either he refuses to take advice of the jets pr staff or he simply does not understand media.

this story typically does not end well

You beat me to this

Was just gonna say this feels like Saleh’s Joe Judge moment

Saleh is basically a politician

He’s all smiles and gladhanding until you get him off his talking points and he can’t hide any more

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

All it took was a week 1 loss in year 2 for Saleh’s heel turn

What a disgrace 

Throwing shade on your owners (“worse than an expansion team”) in an attempt to deflect from your own pathetic record (4-14)?

this guy is worse than incompetent 

he’s an excuse-making fraud 

Heel turn???  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Great description of what happened today.

This is like when orndorff raised hogans hand in victory only to clothesline then pile drive him.  Is Joe Douglas Bobby Heenan?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Definitely is taking a harder approach in terms of how he's answering these questions. Calling the pre-JD era Jets an expansion team was crazy. Not that he's wrong, but just that he said that. Feels like nobody says stuff like that

He sounds desperate and scared.

The last 2 GM's had better season records than Joe Douglas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

How about this.

if this team makes the playoffs I will send a check for $500 to st Jude’s. You can save this post and I will repost at the end of the season with a copy or receipt as proof.

I will also mail a copy to coach saleh at one jet drive.

since there is little to no chance of the above happening, I will make the donation anyway since a child should never ever have to deal with cancer.

.

That is nice of you, but I didnt think the Jets were making the playoffs before Zach was hurt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

You beat me to this

Was just gonna say this feels like Saleh’s Joe Judge moment

Saleh is basically a politician

He’s all smiles and gladhanding until you get him off his talking points and he can’t hide any more

The losing vs getting beat line is some pathetic gaslighting. Like for real buddy?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Whoa even surprising than the "Receipts" comment was the "Expansion Team" one.

I don't mind the comments to be honest - at least it shows fire.

Bowles and Gase were so bland and weird that I'll take this over that.

BUT...you talk like this then you have to win.

I would have to think Saleh is feeling the heat responding like this...also sticking up for Joe D....who must also be feeling the heat.

I wonder what Woody said to them.....

i was impressed with Saleh today, looks like he is not laying down.  He called out Cory Davis, Conklin, Carter, others

Would have liked for him to go after the OL a bit but it is a start

The biggest motivator in sports is fear

fear of embarrassment, being called out in bad way etc.. Parcells use to do it all the time.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three Johnson-related observations and theories based on their country club thinking and management:

  • Woody has always been obsessed with the press.  I used to see him on a bench in East Hampton with a pile of newspapers every Sunday morning, reading about the team.  Saleh blowing up like this is a step out the door for him.
  • I do believe that the Johnsons are involved with playing Flacco and not White.  They should have saved the money on White.
  • I do believe that the Johnsons were involved in selecting Zach Wilson.  That probably does not sit well with Saleh either.

This needs to turn around, quick.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Whoa.  Saleh said hes taking receipts and coming after all of the diseased fans when its all said and done.

Hes coming for 98% of this board when its all said and done.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saleh a big FU to the diseased fanbase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah it's us, we are the problem with the jets. it's not the years of sh*tty football play, inept leadership and losing.....it's us being sick of it, THAT's the problem.....that we are sick of watching the team suck and we make it known......lol this is a f*ckin joke. the disease is the losing culture of the franchise THAT's the disease. start winning....actually forget winning that might be too much to ask......just play some actual competent competitive football.......HOW BOU DAT!!!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i was impressed with Saleh today, looks like he is not laying down.  He called out Cory Davis, Conklin, Carter, others

Would have liked for him to go after the OL a bit but it is a start

The biggest motivator in sports is fear

fear of embarrassment, being called out in bad way etc.. Parcells use to do it all the time.

He definitely needs to drop the big brother act and starting getting direct and holding people accountable.

We'l see....would be a real shame if he doesn't work out as our coach. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The losing vs getting beat line is some pathetic gaslighting. Like for real buddy?

Seriously 

An L is an L on the books

He’s just trying to buy time with all his BS

He has NO TRACK RECORD of ever having turned around anything 

Why should anybody believe him??

Because he read a few books by the Navy Seals?

It’s like get real, man

Adam Gase used to say the same thing all the time: “we were moving the ball”

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...