Jump to content

Saleh Press Conference 9/12 - Flaccid is most likely the starter


Joe W. Namath
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Sopral said:

Saleh strikes me as someone who is too thin-skinned for this market. These comments are pretty similar to what Joe Judge was saying last year. 
 

 

I agree.  Stop threatening everyone who doubts you.  Just say you expect better next game and then go back to wilson and his family and beg him to return sooner.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The fact that he doubled down on the "shoving receipts down the diseased throats" shows this was a calculated move, not a slip.

He wants the diseased portion of the fanbase to know that they are not wanted nor needed around here.  And especially not wanted when we start winning.  And he is 100% right.  

I have been bringing this to the boards attention for a while now.  Good thing our head coach is on my side too.

I am not breaking your balls - I truly mean that but once he rids the diseased which is prob 95.5% of this board, who is left besides you?

you are going to have great seats inthe stadium

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i was impressed with Saleh today, looks like he is not laying down.  He called out Cory Davis, Conklin, Carter, others

Would have liked for him to go after the OL a bit but it is a start

The biggest motivator in sports is fear

fear of embarrassment, being called out in bad way etc.. Parcells use to do it all the time.

This is an interesting post. 

You hit the target and missed it at the same time. Very odd. 

You are 100% right about fear and the response to it, but it's not the players that are/need to be fearful.

Its Saleh. 

And this press conference certainly proved that. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The fact that he doubled down on the "shoving receipts down the diseased throats" shows this was a calculated move, not a slip.

He wants the diseased portion of the fanbase to know that they are not wanted nor needed around here.  And especially not wanted when we start winning.  And he is 100% right.  

I have been bringing this to the boards attention for a while now.  Good thing our head coach is on my side too.

Pure trolling.  You learned from SAR well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

My theory that everyone with either Namath in their username, or with a username that's a sentence, is a lunatic, remains pretty flawless.

That's brilliant. 

We need to start a username psych ward thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

My theory that everyone with either Namath in their username, or with a username that's a sentence, is a lunatic, remains pretty flawless.

Hmm let's see...

 

@DefenseWinsChampionships

@RAYRAYon WolfAnal

@JoeNamathsFurCoat

@OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!!

@Embrace the Suck

@JiFs Shark Tooth Necklace

@He Hate Me Fan

@In Rex We Trust

@In Todd We Trusted

@Klecko73isGod

 

...Theory checks out.  

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

All it took was a week 1 loss in year 2 for Saleh’s heel turn

What a disgrace 

Throwing shade on your owners (“worse than an expansion team”) in an attempt to deflect from your own pathetic record (4-14)?

this guy is worse than incompetent 

he’s an excuse-making fraud 

What's sad/funny is that the "worse than expansion team" comment just makes him and JD look worse.

Gase, the worst coach in Jets history, won 7 games with that Pre-JD "Expansion Team".

Since he was hired, JD has yet to GM us to 7 wins in total since he got here (sorry JD fans, you've long denied that first Gase year counted for JD, so you don't get the credit for it now). 

We're at 6 wins and counting in the JD Era, with next week being the 34th game of the JD In Charge Era.

Amazing scenes, but I guess Saleh thinks it's the fans fault, and he needs a receipt police to make sure Jets Fans who didn't meet his strict loyalty requirements don't get to enjoy it when he turns it around, lol. 

Talk about a way to get the fanbase against you....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

 

 

 

 

I think the entire board is beyond done with this "diseased" trope. Maybe if any of these were funny that'd be something, but none of them are. 

It's enough, man. This many months of the same attack on - to quote you - "98% of this board" really is enough. 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Joe seems like a cool mentor for Zach.  A good camp/practice QB that can help WRs develop.  Maybe even a decent emergency QB.

But no way should he be starting anywhere.

Start Strev.

I'm so tired of this "mentor" misconception.  There is no place or space on a 45/53 NFL roster for a mentor.  There are players and coaches.  If Fiasco is not a player, he doesn't belong on the roster.  Wilson has a HC, OC, and QB coach to "mentor" him.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Saleh has to start winning games. He needs to take responsibility for his piss poor coaching. And the last thing you want to do is go against this fanbase. 

I’m not sure if this receipts line is a motivating tool or an attempt to be the victim in all of this. It’s actually the fans fault we’re not winning, we actually didn’t get beat etc etc. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Saleh has to start winning games. He needs to take responsibility for his piss poor coaching. And the last thing you want to do is go against this fanbase. 

Maybe he doesn't realize the fanbase has already turned.

He must think it's only non-fans who see the situation for what it is.

Guess it makes sense his safeties suck at route recognition.

It takes a real POS to continue with the condescension and gaslighting of your own fan base.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

 

 

 

 

I think the entire board is beyond done with this "diseased" trope. Maybe if any of these were funny that'd be something, but none of them are. 

It's enough, man. This many months of the same attack on - to quote you - "98% of this board" really is enough. 

I’m sorry but I love the term “disease”. I’m a realistic negative Jets fan that is clearly considered diseased. It’s just too funny to get mad at and it’s his gimmick. Gimmicks are important to this place otherwise there’s nothing.
 

There’s surely nothing good about this team to talk about. Just crazy personalities arguing whether the Jets are terrible or an abomination. I’m diseased and I’m proud. Let’s all be diseased together. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m not sure if this receipts line is a motivating tool or an attempt to be the victim in all of this. It’s actually the fans fault we’re not winning, we actually didn’t get beat etc etc. 

Maybe you can read that quote as we didn't get beat by the Ravens- we lost the game by our own doing and mistakes .

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one of those rare times I wish Cimini would have been more of a douche.

I mean call him out on his BS.

"Why should the fans believe anything you say?"

Because he isn't a fat slob and can run the stadium steps?

The players will tune him out by October, if they haven't already.

If he does return, Wilson is going to get pummeled in Pittsburgh with all those yellow towels being waved in his face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He said its not set it stone as of today.  Then followed up with, "Guys, its most likely Joe."

The way he answered the questions suggested to me that he is possibly alone in wanting Flacco to start but that's what he is comfortable with and wants.

Also, coming up with a "gameplan" to run 13 personnel and keep the receivers off the field is so idiotic it's impossible to come up with words strong enough to speak against it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm so tired of this "mentor" misconception.  There is no place or space on a 45/53 NFL roster for a mentor.  There are players and coaches.  If Fiasco is not a player, he doesn't belong on the roster.  Wilson has a HC, OC, and QB coach to "mentor" him.  

Sure there's space for a 3rd string vet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't mind Flacco starting but if he has another uninspiring first half he should be pulled.

He doesn't deserve a long leash because he locked into a super bowl a decade ago. 

One thing that bothered me most was catching him talking to Lamar after the game and hoping out loud that Lamar makes the super bowl. Would any bonafide qb backing their team already be mailing it in the first week?  Understand the sentiment between players, but this guy is your leader? What does that say to the rest of the locker room? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m sorry but I love the term “disease”. I’m a realistic negative Jets fan that is clearly considered diseased. It’s just too funny to get mad at and it’s his gimmick. Gimmicks are important to this place otherwise there’s nothing.
 

There’s surely nothing good about this team to talk about. Just crazy personalities arguing whether the Jets are terrible or an abomination. I’m diseased and I’m proud. Let’s all be diseased together. 

Saleh is batting around .000 with his predictions and assessments.

So yeah, not exactly quaking in fear about any "receipts" being thrown in my face.

Would be hilarious if your avatar was in the background during BS's BS conferences.  Would at least add some levity to the proceedings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This guy comes off as more and more of a goof every time he opens his mouth.

I started getting a bad feeling when he pulled out that Mr. Van Dreesen “positive vibes only” crap at the beginning of the summer.

A guy like Parcells would tell him to take that hippy bullsh*t to the back of the unemployment line.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This is an interesting post. 

You hit the target and missed it at the same time. Very odd. 

You are 100% right about fear and the response to it, but it's not the players that are/need to be fearful.

Its Saleh. 

And this press conference certainly proved that. 

Saleh not making 12 mil to be WR and dropping pass where 2 hands touched the ball, Saleh didnt fumble etc...

I have been more critical than most on here of this coaching staff for last year but I didnt think he had it in him to call out players like this.  So he impressed me in that today is all.

Whether you like Saleh or not we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future here until he is either fired or he turns it around.  At least he is showing some fight here which is semi-impressive.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You tell them Bobby!

This will either work masterfully well by motivating his players, or this will blow up in epic proportions.

To me, this means it’s a 50-50 chance he’ll be gone next season…because they players are probably not listening.

I wish he proves me wrong.

He's certainly putting it all out on the line.  They finish with 3-5 wins this year, he has to be gone for these quotes, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The way he answered the questions suggested to me that he is possibly alone in wanting Flacco to start but that's what he is comfortable with and wants.

Also, coming up with a "gameplan" to run 13 personnel and keep the receivers off the field is so idiotic it's impossible to come up with words strong enough to speak against it.

For all we know the OC wants one of the younger qbs in there to run the o but saleh is too afraid to do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not Jim Fassell, "Im putting my chips in.  This team is going to the playoffs" kind of stuff.  But it is a statement that he realizes himself, Joe Douglas and Zach Wilson are on their own.  They will not be backed by this fanbase.  Its sad and pathetic but that is the disease for you.

I hope when he hoists the lombardi over his head he laughs at the fanbase too on national tv.  Would be epic.

I've been preaching patience for many years, and largely support JD and am still hopeful Zach will show improvement, but come on now...  We haven't won in September since 2018 and were blown out in a home opener when we were sold a bill of goods that we were much better and going to make the playoffs this year.  The seat should be very warm. This is no longer about being backed by your fanbase.  You know what fixes this?  winning consistently.  Our fanbase was fine in the late 90's and through the AFC championships with Rex.  Sure there were complainers, but we have some of the most loyal fans of any team to stick around for this garbage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...