Saleh Press Conference 9/12 - Flaccid is most likely the starter

31 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think the entire board is beyond done with this "diseased" trope. Maybe if any of these were funny that'd be something, but none of them are. 

It's enough, man. This many months of the same attack on - to quote you - "98% of this board" really is enough. 

Not to mention this guy you quoted has been wrong about almost everything he has been spewing all off-season. 

6 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

He's certainly putting it all out on the line.  They finish with 3-5 wins this year, he has to be gone for these quotes, right?

No, Woody has bought into Joe and Robert hook line and sinker.  They are all on the same page and realize that patience is needed here.  And missing Zach for the first month of the season means even more patience is required.

No matter how this season turns out, anyone expected Douglas and Saleh to be gone is in for a rude awakening.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

I've been preaching patience for many years, and largely support JD and am still hopeful Zach will show improvement, but come on now...  We haven't won in September since 2018 and were blown out in a home opener when we were sold a bill of goods that we were much better and going to make the playoffs this year.  The seat should be very warm. This is no longer about being backed by your fanbase.  You know what fixes this?  winning consistently.  Our fanbase was fine in the late 90's and through the AFC championships with Rex.  Sure there were complainers, but we have some of the most loyal fans of any team to stick around for this garbage.

Saleh has been coaching since 2021, not 2018. Your plight as a fan before Saleh is of no relevance to him. Should we mortgage the long term success of the team to get a meaningless September win? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The way he answered the questions suggested to me that he is possibly alone in wanting Flacco to start but that's what he is comfortable with and wants.

Also, coming up with a "gameplan" to run 13 personnel and keep the receivers off the field is so idiotic it's impossible to come up with words strong enough to speak against it.

That type of answer indicates this decision is being made by people other than him.

11 hours ago, jgb said:

At this point Saleh is more afraid to look like an indecisive, knee-jerk coach than to try to win ball games.

Can’t wait to score a TD with 1 minute left, down 30 and Saleh gives his weekly fist bump to everyone on the sidelines. What a guy. What a guy! Positives vibes baby!!!!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Saleh has been coaching since 2021, not 2018. Your plight as a fan before Saleh is of no relevance to him. Should we mortgage the long term success of the team to get a meaningless September win? 

What exactly has made you confident that he deserves more time if we continue to have blow-out losses. Look, I'd love to see Saleh succeed, but this "forever rebuild" crap is bullsh*t.  Gave them the benefit of the doubt over the last couple of years, but we have long lost the swagger when Mr T and Parcells were in town.  Good coaches have immediate impacts in the quality of play that you see.  You are going to tell me that you weren't impressed with Daboll on day 1?  And they are going to lose a lot of games this year as they rebuild.  How much time did Sean McVay need to right the ship?  Or Andy Reid when he arrived in Kansas City?  I don't care about our history. I care about preparation and being able to watch games into the 4th quarter thinking my team is competing.  That we would have meaningful games in December.   Saleh has not shown me anything to think that he consistently gets his teams prepared to compete.  I hope he rights the ship, as it's time he lights a bit of a fire under these guys.  But if he doesn't he needs to go.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think the entire board is beyond done with this "diseased" trope. Maybe if any of these were funny that'd be something, but none of them are. 

It's enough, man. This many months of the same attack on - to quote you - "98% of this board" really is enough. 

Count me as part of the 2%.  I love shtick.  

22 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Whether you like Saleh or not we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future here until he is either fired or he turns it around.  At least he is showing some fight here which is semi-impressive.

That press conference wasnt him showing fight, like at all. 

It was him being a coward, and passing blame in front of the media. 

Now, if he holds the guys accountable in practice (doesnt seem to), benches guys that should be benched (doesnt), or gets with JD and cuts players that dont deserve to be on the team (definitely doesnt), then that would be fight. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Leave it to jets fans to give up on a coach this quick, the team was a disaster and lacked so much talent last year now we got a couple players and people are expecting super bowl, look around the league nobody reacts to a loss like jets fans. 

People are expecting 5 and 12.  6 wins and everyone is back on the bandwagon.  

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That press conference wasnt him showing fight, like at all. 

It was him being a coward, and passing blame in front of the media. 

Now, if he holds the guys accountable in practice (doesnt seem to), benches guys that should be benched (doesnt), or gets with JD and cuts players that dont deserve to be on the team (definitely doesnt), then that would be fight. 

dude been 1 game how do you know what he did or didnt do yet

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

dude been 1 game how do you know what he did or didnt do yet

It's been 2 offseasons and 18 games, along with a dozen episodes of One Jets Drive. 

I know plenty of what he has and hasnt done, and so do you. 

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

People are expecting 5 and 12.  6 wins and everyone is back on the bandwagon.  

I'm not... this team wins 8 or 9 games, or it's a failure.  It's like we've lost for so long that six wins seems acceptable.  It's not.  It's time that we rebuild some accountability.  If guys like Lamarcus Joyner are starting this week, a guy who flat out looked like he was mailing it in yesterday, and who said he was going to retire if the Jets didn't come calling, then that's all you need to know about accountability. This was a home opener, weekend 1, and we were down by 21 in the 4th to a pedestrian, albeit well-coached, team.  That's why people are angry today.  And they have every right to be so.  I just hope the coaches and everyone in that front office are too.

This team is built with personnel to win this year.  If the coaches can't coach that up, there should be major changes in the offseason.  I actually think Douglas, with his personnel moves, has bought more time, even if he has not been perfect.  But Saleh's incomplete grade is trending down today.  And it doesn't yet seem like he has adjusted his style to change that opinion.  Worrisome.

• Upvote 1

listening to the Kay interview and loving it..  I appreciate the bravado and calling out the haters.  I've been waiting for 8 years to hear a coach show signs of life.

y'all are officially on notice..  Saleh is writing down names and is going to shove it down your puny throats when this ship is turned around.  You can hop of the bandwagon if you wish but don't you dare look for a ticket back on when we're rolling.

John Cena Wrestling GIF by WWE

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1