Saleh Press Conference 9/12 - Flaccid is most likely the starter

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

lol!  But certainly GOB isn’t a good representation of Detroiters OR Jets fans.  

Well he's irritable, and follows the Jets even though he's easily smart enough to know better, so he's got that in common with us.

At the time I did enjoy giving it to him a little over his girl-engine 'stang. All I could think of was this bit from Cheers:

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

My theory that everyone with either Namath in their username, or with a username that's a sentence, is a lunatic, remains pretty flawless.

What about usernames referencing you know... down there?

40 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

If you're not going to support us losing by double digits every week , then when we start winning don't root for us. That's basically what he told us today. The guy is such a chump.

Jets fans are also keeping receipts, Bob. We'll be here long after you aren't.

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I think Douglas and Saleh are concerned about any possibility of a quarterback controversy. No one would/will bat an eye when Zach is healthy and is inserted into the starting role, regardless of how Flacco plays, since he’s old and definitely not part of the future. But it White or Streveler were to start and get hot for a game or two, you’d have a good portion of the fanbase decide that they’re done with Zach.

It’s along the same lines as the decision to not bring a serious backup quarterback in the past two off seasons, to avoid any controversy, even if it’s detrimental to the team.

It is absurd to even have Flacco on the roster. No other team would. 

Sadly, I agree with this, and It is absolutely absurd.  Let's say White did repeat his performance of the Bengals last year, or even some semblance of it, isn't that a good thing for the TEAM?  For THEMSELVES?

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

For those keeping track: Brian Daboll only needs 3 more wins to catch up to Saleh's total. It could happen in 3 more games

The Giants play Carolina, Dallas and Chicago. 

Saleh has the Browns, Bengals and Steelers. 

If it happens.. :shock:

Daboll ripped Jones a new ahole on the sideline after a horrendous INT. Did Jones break down in a quivering heap, confidence too wrecked to continue? No. He went back out there and won the ******* game.

Overcoming obstacles to achieve high expectations is what builds real confidence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Whoa.  Saleh said hes taking receipts and coming after all of the diseased fans when its all said and done.

Hes coming for 98% of this board when its all said and done.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saleh a big FU to the diseased fanbase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brother I respect you as a poster but you are either on some seriously good meds/drugs or you are ******* nuts. It’s not a disease Joe it’s reality and the state of this franchise. This team is the punching bag of the NFL and that’s the way it is. Hard pill to swallow I know. As the old saying goes same circus different clowns. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed.  I was ok starting him but the reality is that you need a guy thats hungry.  Mike White isn't good but he will give you everything on the field. That can make up the gap between him and Flacco. 

Who would you form an alliance with in The Hunger Games?  White or Streveler?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, hawk said:

Sadly, I agree with this, and It is absolutely absurd.  Let's say White did repeat his performance of the Bengals last year, or even some semblance of it, isn't that a good thing for the TEAM?  For THEMSELVES?

Just to dispel this narrative, why in the heck would they have even signed Mike White in the first place?

It really is just another ridiculous Zach Sucks conspiracy theory.  They're tired by now.

The reason Mike White isn't playing over Joe Flacco is because the coaches believe Joe Flacco gives them the better chance to win. Whether that is the correct choice or not I don't know now, but it's the reality.

Not sure what that says about Mike White, but I am certain he's not 3rd string because the Jets are afraid he's too good.  Think about how silly that really is.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Pains me to praise Rex Ryan, but he left a voicemail for season ticket holders to get loud for the NE home game in ‘09.  

Saleh tells Jets fans not to root for them.  

Winning cures a lot of thing but it's going to take a sh*tload of winning if Saleh wants to erase the stain of this.

• Upvote 1

Saleh continues to give me a Pete Carroll 1994 vibe.  Successful DC, gets promoted to his first HC gig, "player's coach" with slogans and rah rah stuff, goes 6-10 and Hess pulls the plug after one season.  He might eventually figure things out but right now Saleh's drowning in the deep end of the pool...   

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We did not get beat yesterday.  We lost.

Well yea coach..that is 100% right because the only thing you have accomplished is maintain the losing culture.  To say the team that one 7-9 games was an expansion team is laughable when your teams have sniffed 7 wins...yet!

34 minutes ago, Drums said:

Saleh is making it even harder to root for this team. Enough is enough. We deserve so much better. He has sucked the life out of this fanbase.

A guy paid to be here — and trending toward Not For Long — cannot dictate to decades-long fans what to say or how

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, jgb said:

Daboll ripped Jones a new ahole on the sideline after a horrendous INT. Did Jones break down in a quivering heap, confidence too wrecked to continue? No. He went back out there and won the ******* game.

Overcoming obstacles to achieve high expectations is what builds real confidence. 

yea, but slogans tho..

• Haha 2