The Metlife Turf claims 2 more

bitonti

2 hours ago, Snook said:

I work in the surveying/ engineering/layout/asbuilt etc. aspect of the construction business and have worked on athletic fields. Very highly doubt it's a grading/slope error.

I appreciate your opinion as an expert can you elaborate as to why you think its not a slope error? Thanks in advance 

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

The Johnsons and Mara’s want to make that offseason ? using the stadium for concerts and events 

Grass makes this a problem 

The World Cup will be using Metlife in 2026. They insist on grass. When they had it in 1994, they had a grass tray system at Giants Stadium for a few years but didn't work out that well. Field got chewed up with 16 regular season games and was chewed up and brown every December. But Euro soccer stadiums host concerts too. Would like to think they could wrok on the problem better than this. 

3 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Chicago just put in brand-new Bermuda grass, that's all I was hearing during the pre-games. If Chicago can maintain grass in the dead of winter, so can the Jets and Giants. They will have to lay real grass for the World Cup, so they may want to think about changing it out after this season.

The most likely reason for not going to real grass is they want to use the stadium for concerts. Since only 16 to 17 NFL games are played there every year. They have to make money somewhere for the investment.

Except the Bears only host half as many games. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

NFLPA is the worst in sports. 

Another example; it's a collision sport. They should have great post career health care,and the plan should vest pretty mininally. And PS time should somehow count. Same with pension plan vesting. Instead the NFLPA gets excited about the shiny trinkets of free agency which benefit very few of their members. Which is pretty meanginless with a hard salary cap. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Psychics have nothing to do with field turf injuries. They can’t predict the injuries ahead of time, otherwise all teams would have Miss Cleo on their medical staff. Dumb post.

holy hell, you completely miss my point because you cant read, yet accuse me of making a dumb post, one cant make this up. The education system is a complete disaster.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You think it's like a Fraggle Rock situation or something more scientific?

What's more scientific than fraggle rock? 

If anyone's ever been to field level, it's not flat. None of them are. It's a curve for drainage where the coaches on the sideline are like a foot below the ground in between the hashes

My completely unqualified guess is they messed up that curve 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bugg said:

The World Cup will be using Metlife in 2026. They insist on grass. When they had it in 1994, they had a grass tray system at Giants Stadium for a few years but didn't work out that well. Field got chewed up with 16 regular season games and was chewed up and brown every December. But Euro soccer stadiums host concerts too. Would like to think they could wrok on the problem better than this. 

true lord knows they saved enough quid going cheap a dozen years ago on that joint.
pay up and reinvest some of those dividends into grass.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

What's more scientific than fraggle rock? 

If anyone's ever been to field level, it's not flat. None of them are. It's a curve for drainage where the coaches on the sideline are like a foot below the ground in between the hashes

My completely unqualified guess is they messed up that curve 

Gnomes was such cooler explanation. 

4 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

holy hell, you completely miss my point because you cant read, yet accuse me of making a dumb post, one cant make this up. The education system is a complete disaster.

It is isnt? Lol

i think the fact you took the post in earnest really demonstrates the sad level of our educational system. Lol

Thanks for the cheap laugh and showing  me some people are really THAT dum……. I mean gullible. Lol 

24 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

It is isnt? Lol

i think the fact you took the post in earnest really demonstrates the sad level of our educational system. Lol

Thanks for the cheap laugh and showing  me some people are really THAT dum……. I mean gullible. Lol 

your the only one who didnt get it, look in the mirror and learn to read

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I don’t get it why teams spending millions of dollars for players are using surfaces to play on that are hard, hot and conducive to injury. You’d think the Players Association would be more directly involved. Why not just regular grass surfaces. 

I agree - except where you mentioned they are hard. The problem I think is that they are too soft, which is why you see injuries when people plant hard on the surface. I had a knee injury last year and once healed I used to run on a really high end field turf field to keep from taking a pounding. What I consistently found was that it hurt my knee more because it was too spongy.

13 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

your the only one who didnt get it, look in the mirror and learn to read

I cun Reed juz fine thanks ?

so you learned reading through a mirror? Lol that’s a new one. 

let me guess…….you “learned to read” between the lines and cracks in the mirror caused by your gorgeous (sarcasm) reflection ? Lol ?

have a good day and thanks for the laugh. I’m done now. ?

On 9/12/2022 at 8:12 PM, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

They despise those of us whom they can not emulate nor replicate the same results; in this country, $ is usually that measuring stick. 

selling dime bags out of your mom's basement to your neighbors and selling $5 handies to the old men in new jersey doesnt exactly qualify you as a businessman

On 9/12/2022 at 3:52 PM, bitonti said:

Ravens' OT Ja'Wuan James tore his Achillies yesterday, likely a career ender.

Cornerback Kyle Fuller tore his ACL. Both non contact injuries. 

I don't know dick about field engineering but at what point to the Giants and Jets admit they installed that turf incorrectly and the whole thing needs to be redone? 

if Zach's knee injury happened in MetLife it would have been way worse 

You are using a hypothetical injury Zach didn’t have to help prove your point ?

Players get hurt every week. Regardless of the field condition.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:20 PM, bitonti said:

I appreciate your opinion as an expert can you elaborate as to why you think its not a slope error? Thanks in advance 

The grid (we used a 10’ grid on one field I was directly involved in) and the tolerance allowed. The measurements taken are to 1/100th of a foot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 9:28 PM, Flea Flicking Frank said:

selling dime bags out of your mom's basement to your neighbors and selling $5 handies to the old men in new jersey doesnt exactly qualify you as a businessman

Did life have to teach you that lesson the hard way? Lol. ?

You seem to be well versed in what sounds like a serviceable hustle of low-income peddling; good for you on proving society wrong in that you dont need a HS degree to survive in todays modern society. Lol ?

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Why not blame his shoes or his pants or the air? There is zero indication that he slipped or got caught in the turf. 

So the air caused a grown man's acl to pop? Is that the story we're going with? His shoes did it? 

Cmon bro the turf is either faulty or cursed 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So the air caused a grown man's acl to pop? Is that the story we're going with? His shoes did it? 

With this team, cursed isn't totally out of the realm of possibilities...

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That doesn't look like a typical turf related injury.  

I've never seen an injury quite like that one.

Curses aren't real.