Geno

JETSY14

On 9/12/2022 at 7:22 PM, JETSY14 said:

Looking good.  I think our problem is the organization is totally dysfunctional 

I think we need to stop making any judgements based off of one game whether it be current or past Jets players. Lots of games yet to play and anything can happen in that time whether it be greatness or a complete breakdown.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 hours ago, jgb said:

This is not a joke. This dunce actually thinks he is relevant.

He missed his chance to trademark his grammatically befuddling phrase when the iron was hot.  No one is buying that shirt after Week 2 except maybe @Pac.  And I imagine they no longer ever will. 

This victory lap ended up being over even quicker than the Sam Darnold one from last year.  @Peace Frog

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I think we need to stop making any judgements based off of one game whether it be current or past Jets players. Lots of games yet to play and anything can happen in that time whether it be greatness or a complete breakdown.

This, this 1,000x this.  Sam Darnold was supposed to be a great prospect based off on Rose Bowl performance.  Then, he was given multiple undeserved years of rope because of the Packer game his rookie year.  Jets fans are doing it again right now with Zach Wilson over the Titans and/or Bucs game from last year.

Throw out all the other data points, this kid is showing FLASHES!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He missed his chance to trademark his grammatically befuddling phrase when the iron was hot.  No one is buying that shirt after Week 2 except maybe @Pac.  And I imagine they no longer ever will. 

This victory lap ended up being over even quicker than the Sam Darnold one from last year.  @Peace Frog

Geno could’ve made more from “earth be flat and no be time zones” slogan over a picture of the “there is no spoon” kid from the matrix t-shirt.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Darnold and Geno are gonna get the fire forever from me if nothing less than to head them off at the pass. Feeling like there might be a new member to this inauspicious club shortly.

• Upvote 1

This, this 1,000x this.  Sam Darnold was supposed to be a great prospect based off on Rose Bowl performance.  Then, he was given multiple undeserved years of rope because of the Packer game his rookie year.  Jets fans are doing it again right now with Zach Wilson over the Titans and/or Bucs game from last year.

Throw out all the other data points, this kid is showing FLASHES!!!

Wait until Darnold goes for like 230, 2 TDs, 1 INT as backup for the Vikings or whatever in 2028 and believe me the old defenders WILL come out and try to run a victory lap.

Forrest Gump Reaction GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/20/2022 at 9:22 AM, Smashmouth said:

Geno looking good.  Looking way better than our fg marathon

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

... only took him 10 years go figure. Using the same metric Zach should.bring us multiple Super Bowls.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Geno is a pea brain. He'll collapse in spectacular fashion.

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, jgb said:

Geno is a pea brain. He'll collapse in spectacular fashion.

He is the leader in the NFL in completion percentage at a whopping 77.3%, the highest for a quarterback through the first four games of a season in NFL HISTORY.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

He is the leader in the NFL in completion percentage at a whopping 77.3%, the highest for a quarterback through the first four games of a season in NFL HISTORY.

Took a lot of guts to come in 4 weeks after the post and downvote it after seeing the results.

I stand by my position that Geno is a dog and now that he's had his day, the fleas will become apparent.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Took a lot of guts to come in 4 weeks after the post and downvote it after seeing the results.

I stand by my position that Geno is a dog and now that he's had his day, the fleas will become apparent.

You mean days not "day"

4 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Why is this a stat anybody should care about? The Seahawks are 2-2 with wins over the awful Broncos and even worse Lions. If the completions don't translate into offensive production, it's like bragging that Fitzpatrick played with more teams than any other QB in NFL history. 

I'm glad the guy is having a good season but when your victory lap is based on these fluff stats it's less of a victory than you think it is.

• Upvote 3

Geno's stats as a Seahawk includes 8 games started, and in his time in Seattle:

• a passer rating of 105.7  (103 pass rating in 2021)
  • 11 tds to 3 interceptions
  • 7.6 yd/avg
  • Completion percentage of 73.7% (68%+ completion in 2021)

He was solidly above average in his 4 starts last year, and so far is solidly above average in his 4 starts this year.

It's a great story... who knows how it will turn out.  People have really old tape... the dude hasn't had an awful start since he left the Jets in 2016.  (With the only significant playing time for the Giants and Seattle:  Having said that he has 100+ pass rating across all his game action 2017-present). 

BTW - Seattle's D is really bad this year... and Geno doesn't appear to be the type of QB yet that can consistently elevate a team to overcome it.  Remarkably they are not losing games bc of his play.  I'll also add he will likely have bad games this year - since most QBs do... but so far he's been consistent in the opportunities he's gotten.

• Upvote 1

Jets win AND Geno sucks.  Lost to the 1 and 3 Saints, who dropped 39 on the Seahawks.

Geno could only muster:

• 16/25 - 64% Completion Rate
  • 3tds - 0 ints
  • 139.7 QB Rating
  • 10.7 Avg
  • 268 yds

All jokes aside - he did take an awful sack in 4Q on a 3rd and 2 late in the game.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

Jets win AND Geno sucks.  Lost to the 1 and 3 Saints, who dropped 39 on the Seahawks.

Geno could only muster:

• 3tds - 0 ints
  • 139.7 QB Rating
  • 10.7 Avg
  • 268 yds

All jokes aside - he did take an awful sack in 4Q on a 3rd and 2 late in the game.

Taysom Hill won the game for the saints pretty well all by himself.f

Geno could only muster:
  • 3tds - 0 ints
  • 139.7 QB Rating
  • 10.7 Avg
  • 268 yds
I'm legit happy for the guy ... seems to have finally exited puberty and playing well during his second life.

Good for him .. we all made mistakes as youngsters .... no ill will .

But he did SUCK MIGHTILY as a Jet.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk