Geno

JETSY14

On 10/8/2022 at 7:03 PM, jgb said:

Took a lot of guts to come in 4 weeks after the post and downvote it after seeing the results.

I stand by my position that Geno is a dog and now that he's had his day, the fleas will become apparent.

When your wrong, your wrong!

He eliminated us from the playoffs. Good thing I'm not a betting man and bet you like you wanted to because you would of been a loseR.. let that be a lesson to you PAL.

Till next year

On 9/20/2022 at 6:03 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

This, this 1,000x this.  Sam Darnold was supposed to be a great prospect based off on Rose Bowl performance.  Then, he was given multiple undeserved years of rope because of the Packer game his rookie year.  Jets fans are doing it again right now with Zach Wilson over the Titans and/or Bucs game from last year.

Throw out all the other data points, this kid is showing FLASHES!!!

Darnold 341 yds 3 tds 1 int today

Zach sitting behind White after stinking

This didn’t turn out well

7 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

When your wrong, your wrong!

He eliminated us from the playoffs. Good thing I'm not a betting man and bet you like you wanted to because you would of been a loseR.. let that be a lesson to you PAL.

Till next year

So the lesson is that you didn’t bet what you thought was a sure winner (you claim after the fact), and I’m the loser?

Interesting take. I still have my money and you do not.

1 minute ago, VJphillyfan said:

That the qb we dumped for a second pick overall unicorn BYU product is not better but way better than him after 2 years

No, I don't care.  The only thing that matters now is who the QB of THIS team is going to be in 2023, and we know that's not going to be Sam Darnold (nor should it be).  

And before deciding on the next QB, we need to see if Woody takes a big swing at Sean Payton to maybe be the one to make the big decisions like that.

Just now, VJphillyfan said:

That the qb we dumped for a second pick overall unicorn BYU product is not better but way better than him after 2 years

Ok let’s say Darnold is the least bad. Then what? Would you have triggered his 5th year option and paid him $19M this year or extended him? Because you would’ve had to do either or.

Just now, jgb said:

Ok let’s say Darnold is the least bad. Then what? Would you have triggered his 5th year option and paid him $19M this year or extended him? Because you would’ve had to do either or.

Yes. It means we would have also drafted a stud at another position at 2 either Sewell, Chase or Parsons

Just now, jgb said:

Today was the best we're ever going to see out of Darnold.  No reasonable person could argue that would be worth the 2nd round pick we got back for him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VJphillyfan said:

Yes. It means we would have also drafted a stud at another position at 2 either Sewell, Chase or Parsons

So pay $19M to Darnold — a move that got everyone fired on his new team — to avoid a mistake in the draft.

Something tells me my plan of giving a 5th for Minshew (eagles got him for a 6th) and not drafting BYU would’ve been the better option.

Just now, jgb said:

So pay $19M to Darnold — a move that got everyone fired on his new team — to avoid a mistake in the draft.

Something tells me my plan of giving a 5th for Minshew (eagles got him for a 6th) and not drafting BYU would’ve been the better option.

Rhule got fired because he couldn’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag.  And Baker the Touchdown Maker had more to do with the firing 

1 minute ago, VJphillyfan said:

Sam Darnold is so much better than Zach Wilson it’s really not a debate.  Continue to have a meltdown about $19 million maybe we don’t make that critical Laken Tomlinson signing I guess

That’s not what we are taking about. There are 63 QBs minimum in the NFL better than BYU.

I’d like you to explain this meltdown concept, though. Seems we define it differently.

Geno has had a great year, I'm happy for him.

Itll always be a what if scenario for him. What if he got a legit shot to start again sooner. But he has had a great attitude about that, and has put together a season where he is statistically a top 10 QB in the league. 

It's a rare story in the NFL, and not something that happens often. I don't think there's much to learn from it because it's such a rare occurrence. It's just a fun story and a tip your hat to a guy who worked hard and got his break, even at 32 years old.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Geno has had a great year, I'm happy for him.

Itll always be a what if scenario for him. What if he got a legit shot to start again sooner. But he has had a great attitude about that, and has put together a season where he is statistically a top 10 QB in the league. 

It's a rare story in the NFL, and not something that happens often. I don't think there's much to learn from it because it's such a rare occurrence. It's just a fun story and a tip your hat to a guy who worked hard and got his break, even at 32 years old.

His attitude has not been great. He blamed racism for not getting another starting role until now (despite sitting behind a black QB), threatened to kick the sh*t out of 3 cops a year ago while strapped to a hospital gurney “I’m going to make you all famous!”, lost his playbook as a Giants backup and didn’t tell anyone until the end of the season when it was time to turn the team iPad back in, and was (my theory) banging some groupie instead of attending a team walkthrough as a Jet. All in addition to the infamous IK KO over $600 when his salary was like 10x as high.

He seems to have figured out this QB thing, but he has some work to do on the decent human thing.

You can be happy for him if you want to. But I see his story as yet more proof that karma is a bedtime story to keep children in line.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:09 AM, jgb said:

I was told a few weeks ago “there are no Geno defenders left” when I predicted this exact scenario. It’s going to be fun to tag and shame all the Genoids who re-emerged like earthworms after rain when he played a nice half of football after sucking at the sport for 9 years. This is why you never listen to the “stop beating a dead horse he’s not even on the team anymore!” crew. 

Oh, and for those who keep repeating that he has “matured,” feast your eyes:

I guess it's time to tag and Shame you.

Geno strikes again.