The greatest trade in the history of the NFL…

Facts

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bit also seems to have amnesia about the circumstances behind Adams' departure.  JD never actively demonstrated he wanted to let Adams go, only that he wanted to wait a bit to hand him an extension.  Adams threw a hissy fit and shot his way out of town.  

Totally a guy you regret not extending.  

What does it say about JD that all a star player has to do is make some tweets and JD will trade them immediately?

It sends a message to the locker room that the GM can be bullied over social media 

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What does it say about JD that all a star player has to do is make some tweets and JD will trade them immediately?

It sends a message to the locker room that the GM can be bullied over social media 

so I understand your take better - if Douglas had given Adams whatever he wanted, how much better would the jets be right now, in your opinion? 

12 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Omni now boomeremoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I looked this up and still don't understand it 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He literally demanded a trade 

They did not have to give it to him though 

They could have negotiatied 

Instead JD became a tank commander tore it all down for the chance to draft Zach wilson 

Wtf 

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

so I understand your take better - if Douglas had given Adams whatever he wanted, how much better would the jets be right now, in your opinion? 

OK let's game this out

That first season they'd have been like 5-11 instead of 2-14

Maybe they draft fields instead of Zach. 

I think they'd be mediocre rather than terrible. However we want to define it 

It's better to be average than to be God awful 

That idea the team has to be historically terrible before they can rebuild "the right way" was JD propaganda, and we all bought in

There's no such thing as a 4 year rebuild in a league where the average player career is less than 3 years 

26 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I looked this up and still don't understand it 

They did not have to give it to him though 

They could have negotiatied 

Instead JD became a tank commander tore it all down for the chance to draft Zach wilson 

Wtf 

Name 1 time a player demanded a trade and then got a new contract with that team.  

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

OK let's game this out

That first season they'd have been like 5-11 instead of 2-14

Maybe they draft fields instead of Zach. 

I think they'd be mediocre rather than terrible. However we want to define it 

It's better to be average than to be God awful 

That idea the team has to be historically terrible before they can rebuild "the right way" was JD propaganda, and we all bought in

There's no such thing as a 4 year rebuild in a league where the average player career is less than 3 years 

lmao at the idea of Jamal Adams being worth 3 wins.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lmao at the idea of Jamal Adams being worth 3 wins.  

why is that so nuts? they went 7-9 the year before with Darnold and Le'Veon Bell

it wasn't the offense that was winning those games 

the Jets under JD haven't won 7 games total since the Adams trade in 2 seasons and counting. 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

why is that so nuts? they went 7-9 the year before with Darnold and Le'Veon Bell

it wasn't the offense that was winning those games 

the Jets under JD haven't won 7 games total since the Adams trade in 2 seasons and counting. 

Once again:  Quantify how Jamal was responsible for that magical 7-9 season.  

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Macc extended players, too. Seriously looking for the differentiator here. Help me out.

yes but he gave terrible contracts like Quincy out ... ..

There is not enough data either way... I guess I see that after productive seasons JD extends the opportunity to sign on longer and if you don't he doesn't...

Look there hasn't been much to cheer about but the talent the Jets have now actually seems legit for once and whether it is Saleh or some other coach to do it I don't care... I think that the overall team has improved because of the savviness of JD trades and drafts. Will it equal wins... I think so and I think they are close... but we will see, just not ready to give up on any of them after a year and a game...

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

By malcontent you mean he played his ass off for a professional football team and wanted to get paid.  I have no problem with that.  I have no problem with the team having a different judgement on his value and trading him for what the Jets felt was excellent value.  

One of the things I like about JD is he didn't get into any of that.  He simply made a value calculation and I think JD did the right thing for the team.  JD didn't let Jamal get to him and give him away or make him out to be a malcontent which might have lowered his value.   He stayed out of the fray and got max value.  What's not to like about that.  

No malcontent by all the extra sh*t he did outside the football field... He was great player but limited and a terrible value for what hew was asking... In moving on to Seattle he did nothing to help improve the defense and was known to be a huge liability in the passing game just like he was here... He didn't make game changing plays and ran his mouth after every game... sure you can defend how hard he played but he is limited and a glorified Hybrid LB/Box Safety that can't cover...

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

“By himself”.  lmao.  

you're asking questions and I'm attempting to answer them 

they may not be perfect answers but that's communication

You're not bringing jack to this exchange other than derisive laughter and the belief you're correct

here's an idea how about you quantify how Jamal Adams' 2019 1st team All Pro year didn't help the team win games 

if that's so easy to do 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

you're asking questions and I'm attempting to answer them 

they may not be perfect answers but that's communication

You're not bringing jack to this exchange other than derisive laughter and the belief you're correct

here's an idea how about you quantify how Jamal Adams' 2019 1st team All Pro year didn't help the team win games 

if that's so easy to do 

I gave you plenty of answers earlier in the thread and you ignored them.  So now I’m just laughing at you for defending perhaps the most overrated player in NFL history.  

You deserve the derision. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

K you got one.  Can’t wait to see if Mims gets his 2nd contract!  

Aaron Rodgers asked for a trade almost every offseason and eventually they gave him a 150 million dollar contract

he also was doing social media shenagans like posting pics of himself on vacation while the rest of the team was at mandatory OTA 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I gave you plenty of answers earlier in the thread and you ignored them.  So now I’m just laughing at you for defending perhaps the most overrated player in NFL history.  

You deserve the derision. 

it's not about Jamal Adams the player

i Know he's flawed

it's about the Jets treating their homegrown players like tubes of toothpaste

squeeze em til they are dry 

it makes good players not want to play here

and the ones that do come are like Trumaine Johnson, CJ Mosely or Laken Tomlinson pure mercenaries who don't perform and don't give a damn

Jamal Adams was flawed and ultimately injured but at least he tried 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets spent to the cap one year out of 5 that's not a miracle 

Fact is I'd rather they paid for Jamal Adams and his terrible injuries then 40 mil on laken tomlinson (!) who ****in sucks 

The home grown players know that the only way to get paid is to leave 

I have showed you the cash spending in previous years.   You just don’t want to change your mind re the Johnson’s. 

I do agree we should pay our homegrown talent. 

• Upvote 1