Kind of amazing how quickly this place turned on Saleh (merged)

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Saleh were 4-0, still hire Sean Payton before someone else does.

Fool's gold though.  You know we won't end up with him.

I'm looking at your avatar thing there TT, and let's face it ONLY THE JETS would hire a guy who has crazy insane eyes like Gase does there. Would you hire that guy to friggin mow your lawn if he came to your door? yea, me neither. Now, we got Saleh ( Herm 2.0) with his tough guy cool guy "I'm taking receipts" edict is pretty much just as ridiculous coming from the worst team in the league now as Edwards' "You Play To Win The Game" part 2. When will they ever learn when will they ev..e.e.ever learn?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

What does "taking receipts" and "shoving it down throats" even mean?

What is he gonna do, make a YouTube vid where he reads off the names of everybody who's disrespected him?

Yea like Jay and Silent Bob when they flew all over the country and went to kids doors and asked them if they were the same person who wrote...and then proceeded to beat them up LOL Are you JoeNamath's Fur Coat who on Sept 13th wrote on Jet Nation that Saleh sucks eggs?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Rex was a great motivator and a heck of a DC.... HE WAS TERRIBLE HC.... He had so many dumb personell penalties... bad time outs... bad decisions.. the team always played down to talent... Would lose EASY games... God you guys forget so much... this board was calling for his head after every loss.

he took us to the playoffs more then once and it was fun to go to the games-if that is terrible I will gladly take terrible

funny how the coach that took us to the playoffs more than any coach in franchise history some how is a terrible coach what in gods name does that make  all of the other guys including our current coach who won less than sh*tty adam gase with far better talent

• Sympathy 1

anybody that was a season ticket holder like myself during the Rex tenure saw a packed house and a rabid fan base-there was no need to t shirt launches and other terrible gimmicks 

winning football made the Jets home games AWESOME

now I would rather poke my eyes out then pay for season tickets with this sh*t show. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I agree with you 100% that he wasn't given a lot to work with initially. But Imo the Jets are finally doing this the right way and building from the ground up and that was/is the plan.

Maybe I'm naive but how is this the owners fault. They spend money, they brought in a qualified GM in Joe D who in turn hired a raw but coveted HC candidate in Saleh. What more does everyone want from a owner , for him to be like Jerry Jones and making personnel moves. I just never understood this line of thinking , its not like an owner can just buy a Super Bowl - see  Daniel Snyder in that regard. 

This ownership fired a GM (Tannenbaum) and foisted HC (Rex Ryan) onto another GM (Idzik) who never should have been a GM in the first place. Then they hire a head coach (Bowles) before hiring a GM (Maccagnan). They fire Bowles and inexplicably hire Adam Gase while keeping Mike Maccagnan. They then let the outgoing GM run the entire off-season and THEN hire a new GM. THEN they finally let the new GM hire his own HC. Not until 2021 has this ownership done anything close to putting together an actual plan for sustained success. I have given the Johnson's credit for giving JD the reigns, but until this team starts playing WINNING football, I will continue to take a huge dump all over ownership.

I think that JD is the right guy. I want JD to be the right guy, but I don't know if JD is the right guy. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Oh wow, he sure told him, I'm sure things will be different now! 

no they wont, true, but Saleh does need to be kicked out of his high horse and work , which may involve -sorry to say- motivate players, instead of creating more dumb phrases that added zero value to the preparedness of the team:

1) All gas, no brake

2) I am taking receipts

What dumb thing is he going to say next? When is he going to show that he is a Head Coach?

He does deserve the ridicule. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

no they wont, true, but Saleh does need to be kicked out of his high horse and work , which may involve sorry to say motivate players, instead of creating more dumb phrases that added zero value to the preparedness of the team:

1) All gas, no brake

2) I am taking receipts

What dumb thing is he going to say next? When is he going to show that he is a Head Coach?

Flame on!  

3 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

no they wont, true, but Saleh does need to be kicked out of his high horse and work , which may involve -sorry to say- motivate players, instead of creating more dumb phrases that added zero value to the preparedness of the team:

1) All gas, no brake

2) I am taking receipts

Don't forget "Positive vibes only"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

He's a single game removed from the Super Bowl, think he's got some room on that leash before the heat begins.  lol

Yup, soon, not quite yet. Ultimately the Bengals have an awesome, awesome situation to be competitive - high end QB and high end WR on rookie deals. It provides a ton of margin for error as the HC, and I happen to think he's benefitted and the Bengals are a product of Burrow and Chase far more than Taylor.

If they drag their feet on something like Taylor being so so as a coach, they run the risk of wasting what is an awesome and unique window to win a title.

I don't think they'll do anything in the short term, but I do think they'll fire him in 3-4 years and we'll look back and think maybe they should've moved faster.

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

During the fat rex era our team was relevant-you could wear a jet hat out in public with pride instead of being laughed at.

I had some great times at the stadium during the rex era as well-give the jet fans a team that can compete and the place is LOUD as Jet fans are loyal and passionate-we even tasted the playoffs and that was something pretty terrific. 

Revis island was a thing and nobody wanted to play the Jets Defense.

Sadly we have a guy that is not just terrible, he cant motivate his team either

the worst of the rex era was a million times better than it is now.   We are told this team has talent well it sure does not translate on the field-yes so far this season is just one game but I am pretty confident by week 6 we will be lucky to get 2 wins and more than likely will be 0-6.

I don't. His first couple years were awesome and we had a team loaded with talent,  but he literally got worse as a HC over time, and when he started to have influence over personnel it led to what we are now,

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

killing an intern through gross negligence would certainly send a message to the players

Not to mention being so cruel in his behavior toward a rape victim in the process of defending one of his players that it led her to commit suicide.  

Amazing that no one talks about this and people keep on hiring Brian Kelly to lucrative contracts.  He isn’t even a good HC.  I don’t get it.  

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

1) All gas, no brake

2) I am taking receipts

You forgot

"60%"

"Positive vibes only"

"We won't expect you to elevate us, we are going to elevate you"

I'm sure I'm missing a few cheesy Saleh one liners......

• Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

Related to the title of the thread - in my opinion it is self inflicted.

Other then a very few and they are certainly entitled to their opinion nobody wanted the coach fired or turned on him. It was understood what he took over and collectively working with JD what they needed to accomplish and how long it would take.

The turn if you want to call it that started with many mis-communications when speaking and coming across as either purposely not telling the truth or simply out of touch. The slogans weren't helping his cause either because he was hired to be a head coach of a football team - not a life coach or fostering a safe zone.

Yesterday regardless of if it was directed at the media, fans or both was a break point for a lot of folks.

I truly believe most want him to be successful and coach this team for 20 years. 

He is just making it so damn difficult 

Your gonna tell me a lifetime Jets fans is gonna be broken by words the head coach directed at the media but was lapped up deliciously by the downtrodden SOJF brigade. The Mud Bowl didn't do it , the Keith Byars fumble nope, Doug Brien's missed FG's , Vinny T's achilles etc.......... No the Jets HC challenging the media is what will push fans away - that's ludicrous and  certainly won't effect this fan one iota . 

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not to mention being so cruel in his behavior toward a rape victim in the process of defending one of his players that it led her to commit suicide.  

Amazing that no one talks about this and people keep on hiring Brian Kelly to lucrative contracts.  He isn’t even a good HC.  I don’t get it.  

Ironically Saleh coached under Kelly at Central Michigan.

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

We are sick of this sh!t man, if Saleh has another winless month then he should be fired plain and simple-o for 4 and he is gone. Hire Sean Payton before someone else does.

And then what's he get 6 weeks , a year , maybe two before the hordes turn on him. Switching HC's every two years is no way to fix the problem. 

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Your gonna tell me a lifetime Jets fans is gonna be broken by words the head coach directed at the media but was lapped up deliciously by the downtrodden SOJF brigade. The Mud Bowl didn't do it , the Keith Byars fumble nope, Doug Brien's missed FG's , Vinny T's achilles etc.......... No the Jets HC challenging the media is what will push fans away - that's ludicrous and  certainly won't effect this fan one iota . 

Not exactly what I am saying.

whether they are on this site or calling into sports radio, many fans who supported the hiring of this coach were getting frustrated with constant talk and slogans but lack of results and mixed messages on injuries etc.

now factor in yesterday and in your opinion it was directed at the media. Many fans felt it was directed at fans.

I don’t think it is simply soj or just a few.

it seems larger than than that.

I also don’t think it pushes them away but does make them negative against saleh.

they are entitled to feel that way and again, he brings alot of this on himself.

40 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

"We won't expect you to elevate us, we are going to elevate you"

This must be what was said by Andy Reid to Patrick Mahomes on draft night 

BS is big on platitudes, short on results 

“being you is enough” is another cliche of his

In Saleh’s case, “being you” is not enough apparently 

The reality is franchise QBs do need to be able to elevate those around them.  If they don’t have those expectations for Wilson, they drafted the wrong guy.  Game managers or worse aren’t taken #2 overall.