Kind of amazing how quickly this place turned on Saleh (merged)

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Not exactly what I am saying.

whether they are on this site or calling into sports radio, many fans who supported the hiring of this coach were getting frustrated with constant talk and slogans but lack of results and mixed messages on injuries etc.

now factor in yesterday and in your opinion it was directed at the media. Many fans felt it was directed at fans.

I don’t think it is simply soj or just a few.

it seems larger than than that.

I also don’t think it pushes them away but does make them negative against saleh.

they are entitled to feel that way and again, he brings alot of this on himself.

Yes because the abundance of positive support he had before yesterday was so overwhelming , they were contemplating building a statue of him at Florham Park . Jets fans would have run Vince Lombardi out of town before he became an all time great. 

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

he took us to the playoffs more then once and it was fun to go to the games-if that is terrible I will gladly take terrible

funny how the coach that took us to the playoffs more than any coach in franchise history some how is a terrible coach what in gods name does that make  all of the other guys including our current coach who won less than sh*tty adam gase with far better talent

This board called for his head every single loss, and then turned on him bad after his 2nd year...

I loved Rex as a HC... but he was not very good at managing games... He lost every single easy game... and sure we would take him back now after seeing 10 years of worse coaches... but that doesn't make him any better...

Ask all the anti-Rex people here they all will quote how Rex only won in his first 2 years with Manginis roster and FO... after they went out the door so did people putting up with his barking...

I loved  those 2 AFC championships... but a better coach would have won them.... The Jets had the lead in Denver and Pitt... with the 'Best Defense' and lost the game...

Rex's coaching style lost him as many games as it won him... and sometimes at very crucial times.

Again all this is forgotten because of the absolute disaster the last decade+ has been but Rex wasn't as good as you remember him.

As for Saleh, I get it people are frustrated... They should be... Zac Taylor was in the same position if you don't remember... They were calling for his head in Cincy... but it took a couple years for the young team to turn around and look at what they are now. Sure it could be all Joe Burrow but most of this board has written off Saleh, JD, and Wilson before they even had a chance to put it all together... If by week 8 this team can't score and Wilson still looks lost then I am all for it ... fire Saleh, bench Wilson... whatever... The insanity here is unreal.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes because the abundance of positive support he had before yesterday was so overwhelming , they were contemplating building a statue of him at Florham Park . Jets fans would have run Vince Lombardi out of town before he became an all time great. 

That may be but you have to look at what has happened in a very short period of time.

last year support was overwhelming positive. True towards the end of the seaso there were some rumblings but overall most logical folks understood ge was a rookie coach.

then came the injuries and the absolute disaster of communication. Now you gave doubts about his ability to run a team.

where I referenced a breaking point is the joe judge nonsense of the other day.

you might not feel this way but many are just frustrated with the whole situation.

to be clear I will restate where I stand.

I think his heart is in the right place and I believe he wants to succeed. I still think he has what it takes to be a successful coach but doubts are starting to creep in.

I don’t want him fired and start all over again after 2 years.

I want him to succeed. I also want him to keep his mouth shut with the nonsense and focus on his staff and players

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Vince Lombardi didn't give a crap about positive vibes or Navy seals or receipts.  He was a total football junky.  He studied the game and developed plays and tought guys how to play their positions and execute his plays and game plan.   He wasn't running some other coach's system.  He was developing the game.  The guy worked his ass off and he demanded that his players make the same commitment he did to the team.  

He applied a brilliant mind tirelessly to winning.  

The HC has to have the will to lead, the intelligence to be flexible and the work ethic to drive an organization.   Saleh isn't focussed.  He's keeping receipts.  

13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

This board called for his head every single loss, and then turned on him bad after his 2nd year...

I loved Rex as a HC... but he was not very good at managing games... He lost every single easy game... and sure we would take him back now after seeing 10 years of worse coaches... but that doesn't make him any better...

Ask all the anti-Rex people here they all will quote how Rex only won in his first 2 years with Manginis roster and FO... after they went out the door so did people putting up with his barking...

I loved  those 2 AFC championships... but a better coach would have won them.... The Jets had the lead in Denver and Pitt... with the 'Best Defense' and lost the game...

Rex's coaching style lost him as many games as it won him... and sometimes at very crucial times.

Again all this is forgotten because of the absolute disaster the last decade+ has been but Rex wasn't as good as you remember him.

As for Saleh, I get it people are frustrated... They should be... Zac Taylor was in the same position if you don't remember... They were calling for his head in Cincy... but it took a couple years for the young team to turn around and look at what they are now. Sure it could be all Joe Burrow but most of this board has written off Saleh, JD, and Wilson before they even had a chance to put it all together... If by week 8 this team can't score and Wilson still looks lost then I am all for it ... fire Saleh, bench Wilson... whatever... The insanity here is unreal.

Absol.utely insane

10 minutes ago, Trotter said:

That may be but you have to look at what has happened in a very short period of time.

last year support was overwhelming positive. True towards the end of the seaso there were some rumblings but overall most logical folks understood ge was a rookie coach.

then came the injuries and the absolute disaster of communication. Now you gave doubts about his ability to run a team.

where I referenced a breaking point is the joe judge nonsense of the other day.

you might not feel this way but many are just frustrated with the whole situation.

to be clear I will restate where I stand.

I think his heart is in the right place and I believe he wants to succeed. I still think he has what it takes to be a successful coach but doubts are starting to creep in.

I don’t want him fired and start all over again after 2 years.

I want him to succeed. I also want him to keep his mouth shut with the nonsense and focus on his staff and players

If I felt he was doing this and not paying attention to the team I'd be right with you and with everyone else. He has obligations to the radio stations that sponsor the team, this time is already accounted for so its not like he's soap boxing with time he should be spending with the team .

He can simply answer with the mundane , we need to get better its on me BS which will have many saying he's towing the company line and has no fire. The guys showing a pulse and sticking up for his team , I see nothing wrong with that .  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Vince Lombardi didn't give a crap about positive vibes or Navy seals or receipts.  He was a total football junky.  He studied the game and developed plays and tought guys how to play their positions and execute his plays and game plan.   He wasn't running some other coach's system.  He was developing the game.  The guy worked his ass off and he demanded that his players make the same commitment he did to the team.  

The HC has to have the will to lead, the intelligence to be flexible and the work ethic to drive an organization.   Saleh isn't focussed.  He's keeping receipts.  

And it would have been very interesting to see how well he would have done in this CBA version of the NFL with the modern day athletes. 

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Serious question about this... How much media availability was required of Vince Lombardi on a weekly basis?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

The defense flipped yesterday. Now it’s the offenses turn. Maybe when they get their starting QB back it will happen? 

Dude, that game was 24-3 at one point. Please stop with the defense, they suck as much as the offense until proven otherwise.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Rex hired incompetent coordinators, and had zero discipline for his teams. The team he inherited was over disciplined from Mangini. As soon as that team was gone, we saw what kind of coach Rex was. For the record, I think Saleh is terrible, and maybe worse than Rex, but that doesnt make Rex good, it makes them both suck.

Hey at least Rex was a great motivational speaker.. can’t forget that… lol

My favorite moment of Hard Knocks 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And it would have been very interesting to see how well he would have done in this CBA version of the NFL with the modern day athletes. 

I heard the same crap about BB and Coughlin.  Players want to be great and they want to win.  You have to lead them.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

If I felt he was doing this and not paying attention to the team I'd be right with you and with everyone else. He has obligations to the radio stations that sponsor the team, this time is already accounted for so its not like he's soap boxing with time he should be spending with the team .

He can simply answer with the mundane , we need to get better its on me BS which will have many saying he's towing the company line and has no fire. The guys showing a pulse and sticking up for his team , I see nothing wrong with that .  

I understand your take and do agree on not wanting the same we have to clean some things up etc,

mehl was one of my all time favorites.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Dude, that game was 24-3 at one point. Please stop with the defense, they suck as much as the offense until proven otherwise.

I'm not going to say the defense was great but they held last year's #6 offense to the league average for scoring. If this defense is even middle of the road, it's a huge leap forward from dead last in 2021. I'm not suggesting celebrating giving up twenty-four points but that loss is on the offense. 

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Parcells was HC of the NYJ for the Denver game and we never led in the Pittsburgh game (we fell behind 24-3 at halftime and lost 24-19).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199901170den.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201101230pit.htm

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Parcells was HC of the NYJ for the Denver game and we never led in the Pittsburgh game (we fell behind 24-3 at halftime and lost 24-19).

Did you forget about Indy 

14 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Douglas doesn’t get a pass from me

Saleh is his hand picked guy.

Douglas, Saleh and Wilson should be attached at the hip as far as I’m concerned.

This talk of possibly giving Douglas another HC and highly drafted QB to work with is absurd.

”But…but…Douglas has finally brought some young talent to this team”.

Great. So if Saleh and Wilson fail I guess the next regime won’t have to completely start from scratch.

we know better than anybody what a bad GM is. you want to fired JD cause he got some things wrong? every GM does. do you trust Woody to find a good GM or do we get another Idzik or Mac. 

Gase picked JD. Parcells brought in Tanney. Woody picked Idzik and Mac. he has a horrible track record on GMs.

but yeah go ahead and fire JD cause he made some mistakes. maybe Woody will ask Charlie Casserly who we should get again cause that worked out so well for us the 1st time.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You are right it was Indy they led at Halftime and Pitt they got blown out in the first half... Bad memory I guess.

But Denver they also led at half-time

thread tldr so it may have been brought up, and it may not be rational but in nyc you cant help it,..
jets folding while giants rallied late makes saleh look even worse in comparison, what with both teams in rebuild.
if the trend continues and we watch the giants make some noise this year, its bye bye bob for sure.
that said, still early, zach will return, and young guys show promise so all is not lost. yet.