Kind of amazing how quickly this place turned on Saleh (merged)

What I find most interesting is just about everyone understood the line was going to be a disaster...

And only a handful understood (based on last year) that Joe Flacco was done.  We heard a lot about how good he was, but anyone that actually watched the game he played last year - knew he was finished.

So now you have an offense whose OL was always going to be bad this past week

And a QB that is basically walking dead at this point..

And somehow that the coaches fault.  The defense played well, with one big mistake with a new backfield in communication - otherwise it was a solid performance.

Saleh is going to be fine.  

13 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

They had so much turnover in D personnel last year. They could have played low cost FA vets , they chose to play the young kids, which hopefully pays dividends this season. Its kind of how I felt with Zach starting from the outset last year . 

I agree with this, but I question the dividends.  They drafted all those corners.  Carter and Echols are here, but don't seem particularly high in the rotation.  Carter played 18 snaps on D, Echols none.  Hall looks lost.  He only played 5 snaps, but he made an impact.  They went with FAs on the Dline and this added the young guys this year.  They drafted Sherwood and Nasirildeen to play LB.  One is gone, the other did not play a snap on D.  It seems like all they got out of last year was drafting and identifying their backups.  

I guess the bright side is that those guys were all picked 5th and later.  AVT seems like a starter.  Moore and Carter seem good players, though it remains to be seen if they are starters or quality rotational pieces.  Much will depend on WIlson and how good this draft was.  With 3 1sts and a high 2nd, they certainly should be good. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Those two years when Rex was running his mouth non stop and actually backing it up on the field was the most fun I’ve ever had as a Jets fan 

He did put his foot in his mouth several times, but he had the team energized, he had talent, he took them to back to back afc champ games. I do miss the fierceness he had in his players, but I don't miss all the crazy talk like kissing BB rings, the whole feet saga. 

He can be interesting sometimes on ESPN. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

*the offense stunk. The defense was top flight. Why can’t you be objective?

So losing is acceptable. The defense was good, but the bottom line is when the team is floating around with butterflies coming outta their asses for 7 months saying how great they’re gonna be this year, and then to lay an egg or drop a deuce for the home opener it’s pretty sad, but predictable.

lack of sense of urgency on offense is a reflection of the coach being clueless.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What I find most interesting is just about everyone understood the line was going to be a disaster...

And only a handful understood (based on last year) that Joe Flacco was done.  We heard a lot about how good he was, but anyone that actually watched the game he played last year - knew he was finished.

And somehow that the coaches fault.  The defense played well, with one big mistake with a new backfield in communication - otherwise it was a solid performance.

My blind hope with Flacco was him going into the season knowing he was starting, being rejuvenated by some surrounding talent, and starting the year against his former team. I didn’t expect him to sleepwalk through Week 1. There’s no reason not to play White at this point unless it’s purely political. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BP said:

Woody tweeted that the Jets front 7 were dominant on Sunday!! Positive man!! What a football man he is! 

losing and being embarrassed is acceptable, pathetic. They should be brutally honest, the team stunk from the coaches to the players. Just own it and stop being in denial. 

Had to see it to believe it. I'll still root for Green and White but F giving this out of touch, born on third base clown any actual cash. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

TT, my man, the New York Metropolitans have played 150 games this season, not 1 game.  Did you see, they got smoked by the Cubs last night and the Braves lost?  I think my sample size is a little larger...no?  lmfao

You can just admit it.  There's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose, who knows...

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think wilson and his handlers knew the line was going to be a disaster and that’s why he was held out.  I think saleh was blindsided by that decision.

10 minutes ago, jj71787 said:

He did put his foot in his mouth several times, but he had the team energized, he had talent, he took them to back to back afc champ games. I do miss the fierceness he had in his players, but I don't miss all the crazy talk like kissing BB rings, the whole feet saga. 

He can be interesting sometimes on ESPN. 

I see what you did there

I would be happy to massage his wife's feet if it meant him coming back 

I would do disgusting unforgivable things to have Rex back over our current coach

Rex can coach and motivate- Saleh cant do either. 

• Upvote 1

Related to the title of the thread - in my opinion it is self inflicted.

Other then a very few and they are certainly entitled to their opinion nobody wanted the coach fired or turned on him. It was understood what he took over and collectively working with JD what they needed to accomplish and how long it would take.

The turn if you want to call it that started with many mis-communications when speaking and coming across as either purposely not telling the truth or simply out of touch. The slogans weren't helping his cause either because he was hired to be a head coach of a football team - not a life coach or fostering a safe zone.

Yesterday regardless of if it was directed at the media, fans or both was a break point for a lot of folks.

I truly believe most want him to be successful and coach this team for 20 years. 

He is just making it so damn difficult 

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think wilson and his handlers knew the line was going to be a disaster and that’s why he was held out.  I think saleh was blindsided by that decision.

Wilson has ZERO leverage to be able to dictate to a franchise what they can and can not do.  This was a team decision.  Zach Wilson has shown nothing but professionalism and to be a team player. There is no reason whatsoever to believe he would be a diva - and again,  he has NO LEVERAGE.  Last year he could have certainly bowed out when he was playing with 4th and 5th stringers.  He didn't, he sucked it up and played about as well as could have been expected under those circumstances.

It's just another anti-wilson conspiracy theory.  

Now, I think it's possible the sh*tty OL and real lack of preparation played into managements decision to keep him out.  But it wasn't Zach's call.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Wilson has ZERO leverage to be able to dictate to a franchise what they can and can not do.  This was a team decision.  Zach Wilson has shown nothing but professionalism and to be a team player. There is no reason whatsoever to believe he would be a diva - and again, he if he was he has NO LEVERAGE.  Last year he could have certainly bowed out when he was playing with 4th and 5th stringers.  He didn't, he sucked it up and played about as well as could have been expected under those circumstances.

It's just an another anti-wilson conspiracy theory.  

Now, I think it's possible the sh*tty OL and real lack of preparation played into managements decision to keep him out.  But it wasn't Zach's call.  

He has leverage if he wants it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He has leverage if he wants it.

What is it then? The worst statistical QB in the league last year-where many of his team's fan base have already turned on him (Judging by this site the FAR majority celebrate his failures) he simply doesn't have any ground to stand on to dictate if and when he plays.  Moreover, he's shown nothing AT ALL to say he would pull anything like this.

I realize a lot of people want that to be true - because it's just another reason to hate Zach Wilson - but honestly, it's ridiculous to really think that's what happened.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s obvious to the long time jet fan that this team does not suck from a pure talent perspective.  Of course it hurts to have 2 1st rounders out.  But more than anything the ravens game just goes to show you that the HC/QB combo usually decides games.  Saleh’s decision to start flacco, to stick with him the entire game, and to not change the game plan at all mattered more than anything else that game. And it appears we’re in for more of the same vs the browns as he prepares to double down on his flawed philosophy as a blackjack player with a 9 showing who is doubling down while the dealer is showing a 10.

So yes, agree. The D talent was obvious. The O, yes as well BUT the Oline not so much.

I loved the way Carter hustled, receivers etc.

When you say 2 first rounders out who are you speaking of?? Becton and Zach????

Becton is a bust.  It's time to call it.  Mims is a Bust.  Thank you JD, Thank you.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm not surprised.

First, the team sucks and has for years, so even the most level headed, reasonable fan of the team is angry and frustrated.

Also, what you find in life and especially life on the internet, is that the people with the loudest voice are always the people who complain the most. 

JN is no different.

The loudest voices here are the people that bitch the most. So you've got an internet echo chamber of anger and frustration and it breeds further anger and frustration.

Yes, and no, the boos of 80k and chants of Mike White on sunday werent some negative nancys on JN, they were the fan base. A good portion of loyal fans who sat in the rain to watch 24-3 heading into the 4th QTR. Saleh is doing this to himself. His team is consistently not good enough. His mistakes at the podium are only amplifying many concerns of the fan base. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

We are sick of this sh!t man, if Saleh has another winless month then he should be fired plain and simple-o for 4 and he is gone. Hire Sean Payton before someone else does.

If Saleh were 4-0, still hire Sean Payton before someone else does.

Fool's gold though.  You know we won't end up with him.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So yes, agree. The D talent was obvious. The O, yes as well BUT the Oline not so much.

I loved the way Carter hustled, receivers etc.

When you say 2 first rounders out who are you speaking of?? Becton and Zach????

Becton is a bust.  It's time to call it.  Mims is a Bust.  Thank you JD, Thank you.

Yes, i was referring to becton and Zach.

the OL was not good but we saw geno smith running around last night finding wrs.  

The jets always find a way to not score and then now we’re the a-holes who are going to get receipts by complaining about the decision making.

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wilson has ZERO leverage to be able to dictate to a franchise what they can and can not do.  This was a team decision.  Zach Wilson has shown nothing but professionalism and to be a team player. There is no reason whatsoever to believe he would be a diva - and again, he if he was he has NO LEVERAGE.  Last year he could have certainly bowed out when he was playing with 4th and 5th stringers.  He didn't, he sucked it up and played about as well as could have been expected under those circumstances.

It's just an another anti-wilson conspiracy theory.  

So why is a player (Zach) with a 2-4 week injury, and who the Coaches have said did not have a set-back health-wise, not playing in Week 1 (4 Weeks+2 Days), Week 2 (5 Weeks + 2 Days) or Week 3 (6 Weeks + 2 Days)?

Until the team answers that basic question, there will be "conspiracy theories" about the cause of Zach being held out.

Because from what the team has said right up to the day they sidelined him, he should have been on the field on Sunday.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So why is a player (Zach) with a 2-4 week injury, and who the Coaches have said did not have a set-back health-wise, not playing in Week 1 (4 Weeks+2 Days), Week 2 (5 Weeks + 2 Days) or Week 3 (6 Weeks + 2 Days)?

Until the team answers that basic question, there will be "conspiracy theories" about the cause of Zach being held out.

Because from what the team has said right up to the day they sidelined him, he should have been on the field on Sunday.

Is that why Becton was held out? 

Rex Ryan was the smoke and mirrors era.  The team overachieved, never had a serious shot at winning anything and crumbled after the money ran dry after Tannys reckless spending.

We are in the process of building sustained success for a decade.

The Rex "wham bam thank you maam" era was fun, but was never going to last nor had the qb to ever be a legitimate threat.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1