Starting Flacco again is Cowardly

Dcat

50 minutes ago, Claymation said:

They have a better shot at winning with Flacco than White at QB.

It's Brett Ratliff all over again.

They don't, though, not with a leaky OL. Flacco is a pocket statue. If we could give him time to be one and survey the field, sure. If the line is going to allow quick pressure, absolutely not - you need a guy who can move off his spot to avoid pressure and still make plays

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Why is the coaching staff of a young team giving up a young players?   If they can't develop Mike White into a competent backup cut him.  

The Jets have young players all over the field, with 3 rookies logging significant minutes just on the offense. What is the best way to develop these players, with a seasoned vet at QB or a backup who has 3 games of experience?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Why is the coaching staff of a young team giving up a young players?   If they can't develop Mike White into a competent backup cut him.  

Yup, don't disagree - the whole handling of Mike White is strange.  

I get the sense - Saleh like the "QB Room" as he's stated a few times, so they paid $2.5mm for what they view as a 3rd string QB.  I don't think it's particularly smart, but that's my best guess.

But if they don't think enough of him to bring him in after see just how old Flacco looked is strange - they really can't think much of White.

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Next coach has to have an offensive background. This team is obsessed with hiring conservative defensive pussies with minimal risk tolerance. And it figures the one time we hired an offensive guy in recent memory he Peter Principled his way into coaching high school football within two years. 

I get what you’re saying but looking for archetypes is the wrong approach 

Not all DCs are conservative losers

Look at Brandon Staley

Goes for 2 all the time and like every 4th down 

Ultra aggressive, understands you need to attack and score pts in this league to win

They really need to get to know the HC candidates and understand what is needed and what each candidate brings to the table

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

The Jets have young players all over the field, with 3 rookies logging significant minutes just on the offense. What is the best way to develop these players, with a seasoned vet at QB or a backup who has 3 games of experience?

When was the last time you put Formaldehyde on a steak?

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I get what you’re saying but looking for archetypes is the wrong approach 

Not all DCs are conservative losers

Look at Brandon Staley

Goes for 2 all the time and like every 4th down 

Ultra aggressive, understands you need to attack and score pts in this league to win

They really need to get to know the HC candidates and understand what is needed and what each candidate brings to the table

That’s fair. The younger guys are more aggressive. So a young, ascending offensive coordinator would be nice. Unless we can land a big fish like Sean Payton. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Next coach has to have an offensive background. This team is obsessed with hiring conservative defensive pussies with minimal risk tolerance. And it figures the one time we hired an offensive guy in recent memory he Peter Principled his way into coaching high school football after two years. 

The only thing I will say about Saleh is that he seemed like a pretty big "go for it on 4th down" guy last year - which I like. 

But yea, I tend to agree that I would probably not hire a DC in this day and age unless I was truly blown away. 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, I don't disagree with that at all.  I'm not saying they're right, I'm just it's what "they" think of Mike White.

It seems like these guys get a doghouse and once you’re in it, you can’t get out. I really don’t think Flacco gives us any better chance to win than White does. They obviously don’t think much of White. There is something fishy going on with this whole QB thing. One other thing that baffles me.. I find it almost impossible to believe that this team voted Zach a captsin.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, section314 said:

It seems like these guys get a doghouse and once you’re in it, you can’t get out. I really don’t think Flacco gives us any better chance to win than White does. They obviously don’t think much of White. There is something fishy going on with this whole QB thing. One other thing that baffles me.. I find it almost impossible to believe that this team voted Zach a captsin.

Why, because you want that to be case? Another conspiracy theory.  That's three in this thread alone - with absolutely NOTHING to support any of them..  Not even logic to support it.  In fact, any reasonable logical thought would say those theory's are weak at beset.

Zach has been nothing but a good teammate.  He traveled the country to work with his receivers, he played with that awful roster last year, by all accounts he put a lot of time in the film room, he added 15 pounds of muscle in the off-season.  He's shown to be a good teammate and one willing to put in the work to win.

He's well respected....

The only reason to "Find it Impossible" he was voted captain - is because it fits a narrative you want to hear.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Flacco takes all the energy out of this team. There is no QB on this team that wouldn't at least bring more fire to the field than Flacco. Because of that Flacco gives us the least chance to win. Football is all about energy and fire. Add that he's a sitting duck back there and it makes no sense for him to see the field again.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why, because you want that to be case? Another conspiracy theory.  That's three in this thread alone - with absolutely NOTHING to support any of them..  Not even logic to support it.  In fact, any reasonable logical thought would say those theory's are weak at beset.

Zach has been nothing but being a good teammate.  He traveled the country to work with his receivers, he played with that awful roster last year, by all accounts he put a lot of time in the film room, he added 15 pounds of muscle in the off-season.  He's shown to be a good teammate and one willing to put in the work to win.

He's well respected....

The only reason to "Find it Impossible" he was voted captain - is because it fits a narrative you want to hear.

I don’t have a narrative, it’s an observation. I hope I’m wrong and he is the popular, respected guy that you feel he is. 

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What does that say about their believe in Mike White?

They don't believe in him.  That seems obvious.

Their belief in Flacco over White is part of why I question their judgement overall on gameday decision.

Same way their not using G.Wilson as much in week 1 is worthy of questioning.  Or having a statue-Flacco throw 50+ times in a rainstorm.  Or going away from running Carter, who was productive vs. Baltimore, and Hall.  This staff has not earned trust in their gameday decisions IMO.

It's their team, they get to make these decisions.  And face the consequences if their decisions lead to losses.

2-14,
4-13,
0-1

That's the only facts that matter at the end of the day.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What does that say about their believe in Mike White?

It's a fair question but the Jets won a game last year with a lesser roster against a Superbowl team when White came in as the backup. I hope the decision to start Geriatric Joe isn't because Saleh is afraid of a QB controversy. If nothing else we know White can move around in the pocket better and hit a check down. 

Saleh is going to completely lose the fanbase if we watch Flacco put up similar looking performance in a loss to the Browns. Especially if the defense continues to look strong for a large portion of the game. We aren't stupid and know we have a competent backup in White.

We can save receipts too, Robert.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Imagine we start 0-3 (Flacco the whole time) and then Zach has a setback and Flacco is named the starter again for week 4?

At 0-3 that would actually be the dream scenario for Saleh and JD. It allows them to keep pushing the “how can we win unless we get to develop our FQB” narrative.

44 minutes ago, section314 said:

I don’t have a narrative, it’s an observation. I hope I’m wrong and he is the popular, respected guy that you feel he is. 

You said you found it impossible which is the part that I was really referencing.  I would ask, who on this offense would you say should be captain? 

OT....

Most of you are adults, or pretend to be, so you most likely don't watch AEW. But currently CM Punk is being a brat again and the term 'taking receipts' has come up in the real life drama. I'm 43 and don't remember this phrase being used much, if ever, before the past few weeks and it's in AEW and Jets drama now. 'I have receipts', yes. I've heard that before. Is this like a pre-emptive version of that? Is it being used correctly? Is this some dumb sh*t like GOAT? Am I way older than I think? 

FTR, I'm on coffee, no booze yet. 

I agree. Flacco=playing scared

I dont get it. Were due to lose a bunch so if zach is down why not play white? Also, with NE being master planers I would play Stevlyor that game to throw a monkey wrench into their plans.

Hate to say it but saleh looks weak now….

We kind of went backwards in this regard. Didnt the loser jets of the past ALWAYS play the known, old vet over the youngster? Were back to that now

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The only thing I will say about Saleh is that he seemed like a pretty big "go for it on 4th down" guy last year - which I like. 

But yea, I tend to agree that I would probably not hire a DC in this day and age unless I was truly blown away. 

The personnel and coaching decisions vs the ravens were designed to keep the game close for the optic.  Saleh is biding his time until wilson returns, which is when he feels he’ll be graded as a coach.  He didn’t anticipate getting this much heat b/c he did things ‘by the book’ by playing the veteran qb.