Starting Flacco again is Cowardly

Dcat

49 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

OT....

Most of you are adults, or pretend to be, so you most likely don't watch AEW. But currently CM Punk is being a brat again and the term 'taking receipts' has come up in the real life drama. I'm 43 and don't remember this phrase being used much, if ever, before the past few weeks and it's in AEW and Jets drama now. 'I have receipts', yes. I've heard that before. Is this like a pre-emptive version of that? Is it being used correctly? Is this some dumb sh*t like GOAT? Am I way older than I think? 

FTR, I'm on coffee, no booze yet. 

FTR is awesome. 

• Post of the Week 1

We as Jets fans are used to the coach and gm being separated in the hierarchy 

Those days are gone 

JD dictates to Saleh. The coach cannot bench the 3.5 mil Flacco for the 2 mil white or the vet minimum Streveler 

It's literally not Salehs decision. It is jd who signed Flacco, it's the contract that dictates Playing time 

There's no scenario where Saleh disobeys JD and starts whoever he wants. These decisions are made by the GM not the HC 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

We as Jets fans are used to the coach and gm being separated in the hierarchy 

Those days are gone 

JD dictates to Saleh. The coach cannot bench the 3.5 mil Flacco for the 2 mil white or the vet minimum Streveler 

It's literally not Salehs decision. It is jd who signed Flacco, it's the contract that dictates Playing time 

There's no scenario where Saleh disobeys JD and starts whoever he wants. These decisions are made by the GM not the HC 

I always thought it was GM makes personnel decisions and HC makes game day decisions, including starters? 

I'm not so sure about the above. 

3 hours ago, Claymation said:

The Jets have young players all over the field, with 3 rookies logging significant minutes just on the offense. What is the best way to develop these players, with a seasoned vet at QB or a backup who has 3 games of experience?

With *this*  'seasoned' vet?  Much rather have the kids w/ 3 days of experience.

Flacco isn't seasoned, he is fermented.

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

OT....

Most of you are adults, or pretend to be, so you most likely don't watch AEW. But currently CM Punk is being a brat again and the term 'taking receipts' has come up in the real life drama. I'm 43 and don't remember this phrase being used much, if ever, before the past few weeks and it's in AEW and Jets drama now. 'I have receipts', yes. I've heard that before. Is this like a pre-emptive version of that? Is it being used correctly? Is this some dumb sh*t like GOAT? Am I way older than I think? 

FTR, I'm on coffee, no booze yet. 

Clinically? Like if you really want to know... western culture turbocharged its reliance on extrinsic validation... this includes the latest in verbal fashion -- Receipts is super hot right now. Same with "shares".... some how Sammy Watkins had Aaron Rodgers shares this weekend. 

I'm just glad we're not having to "unpack" everyone's loaded opinion as much anymore. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, football guy said:

I was there live and have re-watched the offense twice since. As much as Flacco pisses me off he wasn't the reason they lost. When the pocket was clean he did everything the offense asked of him, minus that horrific INT. Where he struggled most was under pressure. 

Flacco was under pressure for 19 of his 59 drop backs, and in those drop backs his average time to throw was 3.44 seconds. His average time to throw on the rest? 2.19 seconds. 

Naturally, the throws he was kept clean on where the ones designed in the short portions of the field. The passes that were designed in the intermediate-deep portion of the field require more time to develop, but the second Flacco faced some pressure he didn't stand a chance and held onto the ball for too long. He only completed 5 of 19 passes under pressure. 

The truth is I think its hard to say Mike White would do any better. It's not like Flacco was inaccurate - he was immobile - which is the same case for Mike White. Whether its Flacco or White, the QB needs to get the ball out of his hands, and while it pains me to see him be a statue in there, the coaching staff needs to create a game plan that is predicated on getting the ball out quickly and into the hands of their playmakers. There are tons of creative ways to do that, as we saw last year, so why they would depart from it is beyond me. 

When Zach does come back, they can "reopen" the offense to attack downfield more consistently. Under then, they need to keep it short and quick with the occasional deep concepts off play-action. 

smartest post I have read so far this week.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I always thought it was GM makes personnel decisions and HC makes game day decisions, including starters? 

I'm not so sure about the above. 

That's how it should work. In reality the contracts the GM hands out forces the HCs hand 

Maybe saleh could bench Joyner or whatever but 

QB is a franchise level decision it can even involve the owners at some teams 

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That's how it should work. In reality the contracts the GM hands out forces the HCs hand 

Maybe saleh could bench Joyner or whatever but 

QB is a franchise level decision it can even involve the owners at some teams 

The GM is not forcing the coach to start one backup QB over another. It's not a thing and you're making it up out of thin air.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

The GM is not forcing the coach to start one backup QB over another. It's not a thing and you're making it up out of thin air.

it is very much a thing 

Saleh can't just start Streveler because he thinks thats their best chance to win 

that's not how the NFL works. The politics are GM has to sign off on all these decisions 

and in fact it's the GM that set up the depth chart in the first place by signing bums like Flacco  

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Clinically? Like if you really want to know... western culture turbocharged its reliance on extrinsic validation... this includes the lasted in verbal fashion -- Receipts is super hot right now. Same with "shares".... some how Sammy Watkins had Aaron Rodgers shares this weekend. 

I'm just glad we're not having to "unpack" everyone's loaded opinion as much anymore. 

Mmm hmm. Thank you. I don't like it. 

What's shares? Watkins shared a poor Sunday with Aaron?

If I never hear 'triggered' again it will be too soon. 

This steak sucks.

You sound triggered

Nope. The steak sucks. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it is very much a thing 

Saleh can't just start Streveler because he thinks thats their best chance to win 

that's not how the NFL works. The politics are GM has to sign off on all these decisions 

and in fact it's the GM that set up the depth chart in the first place by signing bums like Flacco  

Saleh: Hey JD - I think I'm going to start Mike White this week. Flacco is looking a little long in the tooth and I think White can give us a spark to help us win and get to .500

JD That's cute Steroid Pinocchio but we're spending ... << pulls up spreadsheet with player salaries and finds QBs>> almost $1 million more in cap space on my boy Flacco. That's almost half a percent of our total salary cap. 

Saleh: wolf of wall street omg GIF

Saleh: So you are more concerned with less than half a percent of our salary cap than our chances at winning?

JD: Figure it out - Woody doesn't like seeing wasted cap space whether we're 2-15 or 15-2.

nah - not a thing. you're making it up.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Mmm hmm. Thank you. I don't like it. 

What's shares? Watkins shared a poor Sunday with Aaron?

If I never hear 'triggered' again it will be too soon. 

This steak sucks.

You sound triggered

Nope. The steak sucks. 

"You're gaslighting the cook, dude...."

"No, you just virtue signaling the mom and pop restaurants".

Kill me now. 

Shares -- it's how Fantasy "I'm bobby Axelrod " Twitter Personalities represent the 47 leagues they're in.... "I just sold all my shares in James Robinson..."  ... cool, how's pension looking?

Anyway it's now just used inppapriotely -- Sammy sees 38% target share from A Rod... Hmm, i'm pretty sure Sammy sees 38% of targets says the same fcking thing, only minus the Knitted Sweater. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Saleh: Hey JD - I think I'm going to start Mike White this week. Flacco is looking a little long in the tooth and I think White can give us a spark to help us win and get to .500

JD That's cute Steroid Pinocchio but we're spending ... << pulls up spreadsheet with player salaries and finds QBs>> almost $1 million more in cap space on my boy Flacco. That's almost half a percent of our total salary cap. 

Saleh: wolf of wall street omg GIF

Saleh: So you are more concerned with less than half a percent of our salary cap than our chances at winning?

JD: Figure it out - Woody doesn't like seeing wasted cap space whether we're 2-15 or 15-2.

nah - not a thing. you're making it up.

You forgot the part where JD can fire Saleh for not agreeing with him 

It's not the 1% of the cap it's JD making sure JD's decisions pan out 

it's why Ashtyn Davis and Braden Mann are still on the team 

Like I said before Jets fans are used to this GM/HC each reporting to the owner

those days are gone 

JD hired Saleh, he dictates starters to Saleh and Saleh just takes it 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

those days are gone 

You're making it up out of thin air. JD isn't mandating Flacco over White. It makes no sense. Stop.

JD also signed Mike White. If either backup QB is solid and wins games he looks good.

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

those days are gone 

Lol you and Matt love the most ludacris theories. Douglas handles who plays. Do you hear yourself??

Wait. Why is Ashtyn Davis still on the team? Over say Pinnock?

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You're making it up out of thin air. JD isn't mandating Flacco over White. It makes no sense. Stop.

JD also signed Mike White. If either backup QB is solid and wins games he looks good.

youre making it up that he doesn't mandate it 

contracts dictate playing time 

JD creates the contracts, Saleh has to respect that