Cimini with a positive take?

29 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/ESP4319880044?selected=ESP1345425566

Listen here jabroni’s. Even this fool is saying stop over reacting. 

-Says stick with Flacco, would be a panic move to switch after 1 game. 
-But suspects Flacco will have much shorter leash and could be pulled at halftime if offense isn’t moving. 
-1st down sack where it was 8 blocking against 5. That’s on players to make a block. 
- Conklin and Breece fumbles complete backbreakers that changed the game. 
-There’s no morale victory attitude. Saleh was asked what positives did you take from game and he answered. 
-Him and Enunwa see receipts quote as backing up the players and not a negative thing. 

Missing a few other good points but you get the idea. 

These fans who change their opinion on sports reporters when they agree with them are the worst. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

-But suspects Flacco will have much shorter leash and could be pulled at halftime if offense isn’t moving. 
-1st down sack where it was 8 blocking against 5. That’s on players to make a block. 
-There’s no morale victory attitude. Saleh was asked what positives did you take from game and he answered. 
-Him and Enunwa see receipts quote as backing up the players and not a negative thing. 

You're forgetting Cimini isn't a Jets fan.

Quite the opposite.  He's a smarmy prick who gets off on the chaos and clown show.

The guy will do anything for clicks.  Basically on the Mehta spectrum.

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

You're forgetting Cimini isn't a Jets fan.

Quite the opposite.  He's a smarmy prick who gets off on the chaos and clown show.

The guy will do anything for clicks.  Basically on the Mehta spectrum.

Lol. He’ll do anything for clicks. Even say nice things!! What a psychopath!

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is anyone agreeing with yet that having a Streveler package might have been a good idea?

If it's clear White isn't someone they think is better than old man Flacco - then why not?

When things get stale like they did yesterday you can bring him in for a spark and not actually be benching Flacco.

Like the Saints have done for years with Taysom Hill. It's worked out for them as they are always causing havoc on offense even sometimes with scrub QB starter like Winston. Heck, at this point with the Jets offense that always seems stuck in the mud I would say they should p*ss on a spark plug if they thought it might work to make it more fluid and less easy for a D to stop. I sometimes wonder that these defenses really do not have to work that hard planning and executing to handle our offense.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Pac said:

The overreaction to the receipts line is absurd.  Greenie went off on a tangent about being personally insulted.  I thought he was kidding but there was no punchline.

Greenie is the worst. He's a whiny, over emotional bitch. Quite frankly he is the embodiment of the worst posters on this board. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Is anyone agreeing with yet that having a Streveler package might have been a good idea?

If it's clear White isn't someone they think is better than old man Flacco - then why not?

When things get stale like they did yesterday you can bring him in for a spark and not actually be benching Flacco.

I kind of wondered this too.  I think less of Streveler than most.  He throws funny and his "success" was against dregs.  OTOH, he is fast and I think for a game or a few plays you can scheme some success with a guy like that.  They may not want to monkey with the entire offensive program, but for a few plays?  I'd dust off the ol' wing T if I thought we could get a first down.

I don't understand what they have against White.  I have to assume that it something with his command or his INTs.  He threw a bunch, but they were against good teams.  I guess they feel he can be baited or fooled into throwing them. 

Yardage-wise, White was a monster.  202 in 72% of the snaps against NE extrapolates to 280 for a full game (counterpoint - it was a rout and the Pats were in prevent) (counter-counterpoint ok but the Pats were #2 in passing yards allowed last year).  405 against the Bengals (counterpoint it was all dumpoffs) (counter-counterpoint blow me).  95 in 18% of the snaps against the Colts extrapolates to 528 yards!  (counterpoint phantom injury) (additional counterpoint Josh Johnson threw for 317 which would be 440 over a full game, so ho hum, slightly better than Josh Johnson) (additional additional counterpoint threw at least one very interceptable ball).  251 against the Bills.  (counterpoint 4 INTS!) (additional counterpoint Flacco threw for 47 yards in only 6 snaps!) (counter-counterpoint the only QBs to throw for more yards against the Bills #1 D last year were Mahomes at 272 and Brady@363, then Mahomes again in the playoffs for 378 but 69 of that came in OT, plus over a full game White would have thrown 272.8).

Their handling of White seemed strange.  They kept him over a drafted player and never brought in a vet.  Then he played fairly well.  He had the strange phantom-y injury against the Colts, but they trotted him out again against the Bills.  He kept throwing picks against the Bills, but strangely - he threw INTs to end three straight drives, but then they let him keep going and he threw TDs on 2 of his final 3 drives (the third was a turnover on downs).  They pulled him after an unnecessary roughness for Flacco.  They rolled with Flacco against the Dolphins presumably because they felt White was getting baited into picks and the Dolphins D was considered stout.  They only finished mid-pack, but we all saw what they did to Mac Jones.  After the season, they tendered White, but not at a high level and nobody bit.  Seems odd. 

I keep hearing that he can be a long-term backup, but if that were the case 1.  Why isn't he backing up?  2.  Why didn't they sign him to a longer term team friendly deal?  Some will claim this is to avoid competition with Wilson, but if they thought he could start over Wilson, then why not lock him up?  Also, they are getting to the points where they need wins, no matter where they come from.  I think they might just feel White can be effective but is too soft.  It seems strange since Wilson gives a soft vibe, but White also didn't finish two of his 3 starts. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I kind of wondered this too.  I think less of Streveler than most.  He throws funny and his "success" was against dregs.  OTOH, he is fast and I think for a game or a few plays you can scheme some success with a guy like that.  They may not want to monkey with the entire offensive program, but for a few plays?  I'd dust off the ol' wing T if I thought we could get a first down.

I don't understand what they have against White.  I have to assume that it something with his command or his INTs.  He threw a bunch, but they were against good teams.  I guess they feel he can be baited or fooled into throwing them. 

Yardage-wise, White was a monster.  202 in 72% of the snaps against NE extrapolates to 280 for a full game (counterpoint - it was a rout and the Pats were in prevent) (counter-counterpoint ok but the Pats were #2 in passing yards allowed last year).  405 against the Bengals (counterpoint it was all dumpoffs) (counter-counterpoint blow me).  95 in 18% of the snaps against the Colts extrapolates to 528 yards!  (counterpoint phantom injury) (additional counterpoint Josh Johnson threw for 317 which would be 440 over a full game, so ho hum, slightly better than Josh Johnson) (additional additional counterpoint threw at least one very interceptable ball).  251 against the Bills.  (counterpoint 4 INTS!) (additional counterpoint Flacco threw for 47 yards in only 6 snaps!) (counter-counterpoint the only QBs to throw for more yards against the Bills #1 D last year were Mahomes at 272 and Brady@363, then Mahomes again in the playoffs for 378 but 69 of that came in OT, plus over a full game White would have thrown 272.8).

Their handling of White seemed strange.  They kept him over a drafted player and never brought in a vet.  Then he played fairly well.  He had the strange phantom-y injury against the Colts, but they trotted him out again against the Bills.  He kept throwing picks against the Bills, but strangely - he threw INTs to end three straight drives, but then they let him keep going and he threw TDs on 2 of his final 3 drives (the third was a turnover on downs).  They pulled him after an unnecessary roughness for Flacco.  They rolled with Flacco against the Dolphins presumably because they felt White was getting baited into picks and the Dolphins D was considered stout.  They only finished mid-pack, but we all saw what they did to Mac Jones.  After the season, they tendered White, but not at a high level and nobody bit.  Seems odd. 

I keep hearing that he can be a long-term backup, but if that were the case 1.  Why isn't he backing up?  2.  Why didn't they sign him to a longer term team friendly deal?  Some will claim this is to avoid competition with Wilson, but if they thought he could start over Wilson, then why not lock him up?  Also, they are getting to the points where they need wins, no matter where they come from.  I think they might just feel White can be effective but is too soft.  It seems strange since Wilson gives a soft vibe, but White also didn't finish two of his 3 starts. 

yep.  hard to figure about white.  maybe he's good mimicking the opposing qb's.  but when thinking about it, maybe flacco wasn't the best to start the season.  white's been around for a few seasons.  he should've picked something up.  the main problem with flacco is he's a statue.  give him time he'll make some really good throws.  but when the [pocket collapses he goes right down.  it's too bad because the only way the jets could keep the ravens out of the backfield was to either block better or make them pay for putting so many on the line.

What an epically stupid comment..... Don;t panic stick with flacco!

oh he gets till half and is one a short leash.

Panic is funny, people, sports teams, government people, police all want people to not panic.

'Like Greed', panic is good, panic is a legit defense mechanism that says, hey we are in trouble we need to do something now or it will be too late.

Go tell a gazelle at the watering hole that there is a lion over there....but don;'t panic, just keep drinking.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Cimini is a useful guy to have around because he doesn’t do narratives or takes. He’ll give you some snark now and again because I think fundamentally he can’t believe that all these years later, he’s still stuck on the Jets beat, but generally he’s a balls and strikes guy.

That said, I don’t expect anyone to take his advice and calm down, nor should they. The team was dogsh*t last year, added a bunch of talent, bragged all summer about how great everybody looked, and then was dogsh*t on Sunday.

I’m not un-calm.

I just don’t agree with starting Flacco.

And I think the expansion team and receipts comment was inappropriate.

These are not hysterics. There are rational positions.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

The overreaction to the receipts line is absurd.  Greenie went off on a tangent about being personally insulted.  I thought he was kidding but there was no punchline.

Greeny is the biggest b!tch a$$ JETS fan. I don't care what his whiny a$$ takes are. 

I agree everyone is overreacting like normal. 

Greeny "HUGE JETS FAN" - and no I don't care that you are hosting a show and Kraft is on. no way you put on that jersey. 

rad_mike2ts_576.jpg.c0becf8ff81159534c13238126d1afb8.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Panic is funny, people, sports teams, government people, police all want people to not panic.

'Like Greed', panic is good, panic is a legit defense mechanism that says, hey we are in trouble we need to do something now or it will be too late.

Go tell a gazelle at the watering hole that there is a lion over there....but don;'t panic, just keep drinking.

I agree. If you see an issue. Just make a change. It’s the backup QB. Do what you can to stay afloat until your starter is back. 

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Huh?  Panic is the worst way to deal with anything.  If there is a lion coming the gazelle should just get the hell out of there.  Panicking isnt a requirement to successfully overcome a negative situation.  Its actually the most inefficient way to do it.

• WTF? 2

I am going to be positive:

• We all knew that the Jets were going to lose to the Ravens.
  • At times it was closer than we thought it would.
  • The defense at times played very well.
  • There were a few "bad breaks" that changed the trajectory of the game.
  • Yes, the offense stunk, but it usually takes a few games to get going.
  • We also knew that the beginning of the season was going to be brutal, and our expectations were low.

So let's start over and how the Jets play this week against the Browns. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Huh?  Panic is the worst way to deal with anything.  If there is a lion coming the gazelle should just get the hell out of there.  Panicking isnt a requirement to successfully overcome a negative situation.  Its actually the most inefficient way to do it.

A gazelle getting the hell out of there IS PANIC!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

See its working , Cimini is already scared ?