Cimini with a positive take?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

What an epically stupid comment..... Don;t panic stick with flacco!

oh he gets till half and is one a short leash.

Panic is funny, people, sports teams, government people, police all want people to not panic.

'Like Greed', panic is good, panic is a legit defense mechanism that says, hey we are in trouble we need to do something now or it will be too late.

Go tell a gazelle at the watering hole that there is a lion over there....but don;'t panic, just keep drinking.

Doubly so if its Dan Campbell. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Stark said:

Greeny is the biggest b!tch a$$ JETS fan. I don't care what his whiny a$$ takes are. 

I agree everyone is overreacting like normal. 

Greeny "HUGE JETS FAN" - and no I don't care that you are hosting a show and Kraft is on. no way you put on that jersey. 

rad_mike2ts_576.jpg.c0becf8ff81159534c13238126d1afb8.jpg

Don’t know what’s worse, the overreactions or the outright lies.  Like Salehs post game presser where Connor Hughes made it out to Saleh trying to sell his moral victory speech.  That’s not what he was doing.  As Cimini said, he was asked and he answered.  Connor left out Saleh’s real take, his accurate take.  When you drop passes, turn the ball over and miss kicks you’re not going to win games.  Wasn’t him selling BS. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There will be nothing shoved down Cimini's throat.  As for the rest of you............................

Keep talking $hit and then backtracking when it blows up in Your face. You tend to disappear when your proclamations are self-evident in their absurdness and homerism. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Huh?  Panic is the worst way to deal with anything.  If there is a lion coming the gazelle should just get the hell out of there.  Panicking isnt a requirement to successfully overcome a negative situation.  Its actually the most inefficient way to do it.

Yeah, when have you seen a gazelle not panic by running away and instead approaching the lion to see if they can reach a peaceful compromise? 

lol holy cow you ARE REALLY something special. ?And I’m implying as in the Short-Bus to school kind of “special. “

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Greeny is the biggest b!tch a$$ JETS fan. I don't care what his whiny a$$ takes are. 

I agree everyone is overreacting like normal. 

Greeny "HUGE JETS FAN" - and no I don't care that you are hosting a show and Kraft is on. no way you put on that jersey. 

rad_mike2ts_576.jpg.c0becf8ff81159534c13238126d1afb8.jpg

I understand overreaction Monday is in effect for bout half the teams.  Actually more than half, teams like the Giants and their fans probably feeling a bit too happy.  Better than how we feeling though for sure.  This was no overreaction.  This was a team totally unprepared to compete.  A team with no energy.  A team that came out in front of an opening day crowd and effectively scored 3 meaningful points over 60 minutes.  It was putrid.  It was exactly what we've seen over the past 5 years despite being told how improved we were going to be.   Watching Joe Flacco stand back their like Father Time was absolutely brutal.  And any time we had the slightest whiff of good play we would follow it with a missed FG, Fumble, or a penalty.  No urgency, no guts, no balls.  And for that coach to come out and show more fire against his own customers than he's ever been with a player is pathetic.  Here's an idea:  why not come out like the Seahawks last night behind Geno freaking Smith and play with the heart of a champion against an opponent supposedly much better than them.  And watch as Baltimore gets smoked next week because they're actually not that good, just a heckuva alot better than the team and staff we trot out on the field each year.  Opening Day and half the stadium is empty by the 3rd quarter and he is a challenging the fans and telling us that he's gonna remember this?  How about field a team that we can be proud of and actually enjoy watch playing for our hard earned time and dollars.  Seriously Salah lost a lot of points in my book with that nonsense.  I and many others were there ready to rock and they just sh*t the bed once again.  Thant's it, thanks for listening. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

If you think about it, Jets have the rest of the league right where we want them!

Exactly, at 0-7 they’re going to quit taking it easy, rip their shirts off and run the table all the way to the Super Bowl.  

So just wait for 0-7, if they lose an 8th game then you can start with the “fire everyone” talk.  Not happening.....Relax.

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I kind of wondered this too.  I think less of Streveler than most.  He throws funny and his "success" was against dregs.  OTOH, he is fast and I think for a game or a few plays you can scheme some success with a guy like that.  They may not want to monkey with the entire offensive program, but for a few plays?  I'd dust off the ol' wing T if I thought we could get a first down.

I don't understand what they have against White.  I have to assume that it something with his command or his INTs.  He threw a bunch, but they were against good teams.  I guess they feel he can be baited or fooled into throwing them. 

Yardage-wise, White was a monster.  202 in 72% of the snaps against NE extrapolates to 280 for a full game (counterpoint - it was a rout and the Pats were in prevent) (counter-counterpoint ok but the Pats were #2 in passing yards allowed last year).  405 against the Bengals (counterpoint it was all dumpoffs) (counter-counterpoint blow me).  95 in 18% of the snaps against the Colts extrapolates to 528 yards!  (counterpoint phantom injury) (additional counterpoint Josh Johnson threw for 317 which would be 440 over a full game, so ho hum, slightly better than Josh Johnson) (additional additional counterpoint threw at least one very interceptable ball).  251 against the Bills.  (counterpoint 4 INTS!) (additional counterpoint Flacco threw for 47 yards in only 6 snaps!) (counter-counterpoint the only QBs to throw for more yards against the Bills #1 D last year were Mahomes at 272 and Brady@363, then Mahomes again in the playoffs for 378 but 69 of that came in OT, plus over a full game White would have thrown 272.8).

Their handling of White seemed strange.  They kept him over a drafted player and never brought in a vet.  Then he played fairly well.  He had the strange phantom-y injury against the Colts, but they trotted him out again against the Bills.  He kept throwing picks against the Bills, but strangely - he threw INTs to end three straight drives, but then they let him keep going and he threw TDs on 2 of his final 3 drives (the third was a turnover on downs).  They pulled him after an unnecessary roughness for Flacco.  They rolled with Flacco against the Dolphins presumably because they felt White was getting baited into picks and the Dolphins D was considered stout.  They only finished mid-pack, but we all saw what they did to Mac Jones.  After the season, they tendered White, but not at a high level and nobody bit.  Seems odd. 

I keep hearing that he can be a long-term backup, but if that were the case 1.  Why isn't he backing up?  2.  Why didn't they sign him to a longer term team friendly deal?  Some will claim this is to avoid competition with Wilson, but if they thought he could start over Wilson, then why not lock him up?  Also, they are getting to the points where they need wins, no matter where they come from.  I think they might just feel White can be effective but is too soft.  It seems strange since Wilson gives a soft vibe, but White also didn't finish two of his 3 starts. 

i think its because whatever you say about Flacco if this team did there jobs and not make fundamental mistakes its a 24-23 game and this board is not panicking.

thats what i dont get about everyone wanting to change the QB. 

does the team not fumble 3 times if White is the QB?

does Carter drop an easy TD if White was throwing it?

does our Kicker make his kicks and not cost us 4 points if White is QB?

i dont think any of our QBs could have made anything of this game with all those mistakes that weren't their fault. and the last time White faced a defense in his face like the Ravens were on Sunday it was the Bills and he threw 4 INTs. for all the crap people say about Flacco under those conditions he threw 1 INT that wasnt even his fault.

The entire NFL is looking for a Taysom Hill.  He’s not an off the shelf player - he’s an athletic freak.  I don’t think it’s fair to assume the Jets practice squad QB will be Taysom Hill against a starting defense.

Also, he should not get a start or playing time over Mike White.  Give him some time in practice against the 1’s before even considering that.  

5 hours ago, Claymation said:

Maybe he doesn't want his name on a receipt.

Or, young players, players playing out of position, new scheme, new coaching, bad QB, and a shortened TC/pre-season. Of course other teams have to deal with this too. Saleh is young and inexperienced, he should improve - if not there is plenty of time to add him to the long list of failed HCs.

7 hours ago, Pac said:

The overreaction to the receipts line is absurd.  Greenie went off on a tangent about being personally insulted.  I thought he was kidding but there was no punchline.

Greenie is the archetype for the “just intelligent enough to sound like a huge pussy all the time” Jets fan.

Similar to how Beningo is the archetype for the “dumb as rocks, hate my life, loudest goon in the room” Jets fan.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

That is correct. 

That’s why I asked the question again.   Does anyone think it’s a good idea now.?

Few did last week, but curious if the stagnant offense changed things. 

So, you want to know if we al want a Taysom Hill or Tim Tebow package? If we say yes, then what? Are you going to put in a request with the front office?

Team is already fielding subs in key spots. Pick a QB and do what you can to flourish around him for starters. Gimmicks aren’t going to save the day, at this point.

8 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I agree. If you see an issue. Just make a change. It’s the backup QB. Do what you can to stay afloat until your starter is back. 

I sincerely think they are worried about hurting Flacco's feelings, and the optics both.  I hate this sh!t when they know what to do but are afraid to do it.  

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So, you want to know if we al want a Taysom Hill or Tim Tebow package? If we say yes, then what? Are you going to put in a request with the front office?

Team is already fielding subs in key spots. Pick a QB and do what you can to flourish around him for starters. Gimmicks aren’t going to save the day, at this point.

The bolded is a strange statement.  I mean that's what we do here all day and year.  Discussing the Jets, with opinions on what they should do is a major function of this forum.

I just think with Flacco the offense gets flat and stagnant - having a spark to come in and out makes sense.  You don't have to agree, but posing the questions isn't unreasonable on a forum to discuss the NY Jets.

18 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Is anyone agreeing with yet that having a Streveler package might have been a good idea?

If it's clear White isn't someone they think is better than old man Flacco - then why not?

When things get stale like they did yesterday you can bring him in for a spark and not actually be benching Flacco.

This is a horrible idea and can backfires easily. What happens if you bring in Streveler,  Fant does his turnstile impression again, and Garrett  sacks him and he leaves the game with a season  ending injury like what happened when Gase was coaching the team.

18 hours ago, Pac said:

The overreaction to the receipts line is absurd.  Greenie went off on a tangent about being personally insulted.  I thought he was kidding but there was no punchline.

Greeny is an Idiot. Worrying about removing Flacco is ridiculous since he's not the starter Zach is so if it were Zach having that bad game then playing bad in game 2 I would consider that a panic move not removing the Tree we watched in game 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The bolded is a strange statement.  I mean that's what we do here all day and year.  Discussing the Jets, with opinions on what they should do is a major function of this forum.

I just think with Flacco the offense gets flat and stagnant - having a spark to come in and out makes sense.  You don't have to agree, but posing the questions isn't unreasonable on a forum to discuss the NY Jets.

Funny, think it’s strange to redundantly campaign for support if a half-cocked idea. Like, you said your opinion once, in a thread. Cool. Many people disagreed and ignored it. Full stop.

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is a horrible idea and can backfires easily. What happens if you bring in Streveler,  Fant does his turnstile impression again, and Garrett  sacks him and he leaves the game with a season  ending injury like what happened when Gase was coaching the team.

So?

If you're not going to play him anyway, why does it matter if he gets hurt.  I mean Fant has just as big a chance to be a turnstile with Flacco QBing...Why would that change with Streveler - in fact I'll go further and say - Streveler is far less likely to be caught off-guard with a sack due to his mobility...Moreover, I don't think you would be bringing in Streveler to do 5 steps drop backs...

I must say I'm confused by this response.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Funny, think it’s strange to redundantly campaign for support if a half-cocked idea. Like, you said your opinion once, in a thread. Cool. Many people disagreed and ignored it. Full stop.

Nah...

I mentioned it prior to week 1.  And we saw one of the most least energy offense I've ever seen....and thought it was worthy of mentioning again after that performance. 

Again, you don't have to agree with me - but telling me I shouldn't be making the point because I'm not actually going to affect change with Jets management is just a strange take.

18 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Is anyone agreeing with yet that having a Streveler package might have been a good idea?

If it's clear White isn't someone they think is better than old man Flacco - then why not?

When things get stale like they did yesterday you can bring him in for a spark and not actually be benching Flacco.

Not agreeing at all. Streveler picked his spots in preseason and its very easy for a QB to run if you can clear out one side of the defense or if a play breaks down. Usually they have wide open spaces to take advantage of that if they have some good speed. Streveler has decent speed but not enough speed where you can bring him in for an exclusive play and expect him to beat much faster players on defense . If he was the starter he could pick and choose his moments which is much different than running a package where he would probably be exposed. He adds an element to the position for sure but this is not 3rd stringers in the preseason who were concentrating on covering their man and position and not Streveler running when the opportunity presented itself.

• Upvote 1