Who is the best player on the Jets?

slimjasi

Who is the best player on the Jets?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best player on the Jets?

• Quinnen Williams
    • JFM
    • Carl Lawson
    • Michael Carter
    • Elijah Moore
    • Sauce Gardner (yea, I'm putting a rookie on here)
    • Garrett Wilson (another rookie!)
    • DJ Reed
    • CJ Mosley
    • Braxton Berrios
    • AVT
    • Laken Tomlinson
    • George Fant
    • Corey Davis
    • Breece Hall (another one!)
    • Other (name him)

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This question can't be answered after one regular season game.

Sherlock homes over here

obviously! Just wanted to see some interesting discussion and see what people think of the roster while we wait out the week. 

I probably should have asked who WILL be the best player when all is said and done, but I’m a dunce 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Avoiding is HatRing

Eh, just tired of the back and forth without any new data. The Wilson thing is data-starved at this point. 

I also didn’t think he earned the right to be on this list - (although, any rookie who has played one game probably shouldn’t be either). 

but I gave an “other” option. So I guess if you want to talk about Zach you need to vote for him! Good luck to you. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Write in: Zach Wilson. 

Right now the poll is 16 votes for Q and 16 for Sauce. I can see the case for sauce by the way. 

But The most disturbing part about the poll is that Laken Tomlinson has zero votes and Zach isn't even a poll option. 1 vote for Carl Lawson another 40 million dollar man. 

That Laken contract is going to age like milk 

Zach could actually fix everything wrong with the team, if he ever found his way off the training table 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, pointman said:

Squeeze. What you do to oranges, when you got drop a deuce , and when you catch a football. Breece in his debut, not so much. Sauce > Breece

It was one fumble.

he had 23 yards on 6 Carries. He should have gotten another 5 or 6 touches. 

But listen sauce is hard to beat in terms of overall potential and he also plays a more important position 

42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Right now the poll is 16 votes for Q and 16 for Sauce. I can see the case for sauce by the way. 

But The most disturbing part about the poll is that Laken Tomlinson has zero votes and Zach isn't even a poll option. Neither is Carl Lawson another 40 million dollar man 

That laken contract is going to age like milk 

Zach could actually fix everything wrong with the team, if he ever found his way off the training table 

But Carl Lawson is a poll option 

and Zach didn’t earn the right to be on this list, agreed 

I really hope Zach gets to play some games this year because I think he will play better with this roster than some of y’all think 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

What am I missing with this guy? I mean he’s flashed a bit, but I’m not seeing the game changing player yet that a lot of you already seem to be.

You chose him as our best player here, and @Jetsfan80 named him as the guy he’d resign to a big deal after next season in another thread a few minutes ago.

You’re both smart guys, this just seems like putting the cart ahead of the horse to me. Potential isn’t production.

43-538-5 in 11 games (6 starts) last year despite terrible QB play is production.

He’s a good player at a premium position.  That automatically puts him in the category of “re-sign watch” for this team.  

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

What am I missing with this guy? I mean he’s flashed a bit, but I’m not seeing the game changing player yet that a lot of you already seem to be.

You chose him as our best player here, and @Jetsfan80 named him as the guy he’d resign to a big deal after next season in another thread a few minutes ago.

You’re both smart guys, this just seems like putting the cart ahead of the horse to me. Potential isn’t production.

"with competent QB play" - when he's had the ball he's flashed. 

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay, I’ll bite.

The poll is for best player on the Jets, not who is the player we can least afford to be a bust.

You have my interest, please explain why you feel Zach is our best player.

Because he wants it to be true so very, very badly

Disney Princess Beauty GIF by Disney

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This is the problem with the team.

People can say how talented and deep the roster is until they're blue in the face. But there is no superstars on this team. There is nobody in this team that can take over games and be difference makers.

Sauce has the best shot at becoming that.  But yeah, don’t see anyone else in that category at the moment.  Hopefully Garrett Wilson or Breece…

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay, I’ll bite.

The poll is for best player on the Jets, not who is the player we can least afford to be a bust.

You have my interest, please explain why you feel Zach is our best player.

Because from what I saw at the end of last year and camp this year - he is the best player on the team.

Quinnem "no impact" Williams - isn't the guy.  As of right now Wilson has had more impact games than Williams has had - one.

Lawson, who's played one game with zero sacks?

There's certainly some potential on this team like Sauce, G. Wilson, AVT,  Moore to be impact players - but none of those guys has done much of anything to show me they're better than Wilson.

• WTF? 1