Who is the best player on the Jets?

slimjasi

Who is the best player on the Jets?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best player on the Jets?

• Quinnen Williams
    • JFM
    • Carl Lawson
    • Michael Carter
    • Elijah Moore
    • Sauce Gardner (yea, I'm putting a rookie on here)
    • Garrett Wilson (another rookie!)
    • DJ Reed
    • CJ Mosley
    • Braxton Berrios
    • AVT
    • Laken Tomlinson
    • George Fant
    • Corey Davis
    • Breece Hall (another one!)
    • Other (name him)

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because from what I saw at the end of last year and camp this year - he is the best player on the team.

Quinnem "no impact" Williams - isn't the guy.  As of right now Wilson has had more impact games than Williams has had - one.

Lawson, who's played one game with zero sacks?

There's certainly some potential on this team like Sauce, G. Wilson, AVT,  Moore to be impact players - but none of those guys has done much of anything to show me they're better than Wilson.

Thanks for the reply… and taking the time to explain your opinion. It’s all subjective, so there is no right or wrong answer.

I’m just amazed that you saw enough from Zach last year to say he’s the best player on the Jets this season.

• Upvote 2

I chose Gardner before reading everyone's posts and I thought I might be the only person voting for him, lol. 

There are no elite players on this team right now. None. Gardner has a great pedigree, I loved his film coming out, no hiccups in preseason and a good week 1 with a nice PD covering one of the best TEs in the league, so I'm going with Sauce. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I agree, but let’s be honest. When you look at the list we had to choose from, can you really fault anyone for taking a flier?

The statistically worst QB in the NFL last year, who had an up and down offseason and then got hurt again, is not the best player on this team, no matter how bad this team is.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

The statistically worst QB in the NFL last year, who had an up and down offseason and then got hurt again, is not the best player on this team, no matter how bad this team is.

Trust me, you’re preaching to the choir. Not only do I think he isn’t the “best player on the team”, I don’t even think he’s our best QB.

Fido is a good egg though, and I’m not going to argue with the guy after he took the time to post a reply. What is there to gain? I’m not going to change his mind anyway.

To be honest, I’m so down on this team  I’m willing to just kick back and watch everything implode this year.

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Trust me, you’re preaching to the choir. Not only do I think he isn’t the “best player on the team”, I don’t even think he’s our best QB.

Fido is a good egg though, and I’m not going to argue with the guy after he took the time to post a reply. What is there to gain? I’m not going to change his mind anyway.

To be honest, I’m so down on this team  I’m willing to just kick back and watch everything implode this year.

I don't actually think things are as bad as they seem, outside of the QB play, special teams, and the offensive line, there's reasons to like a number of things.  I'm hopeful that the 3rd will improve with time and recognize injuries played a major role here.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I don't actually think things are as bad as they seem, outside of the QB play, special teams, and the offensive line, there's reasons to like a number of things.  I'm hopeful that the 3rd will improve with time and recognize injuries played a major role here.

OL will improve over time.  once again we trotted out the worst qb option opening day.

have to admit there are a number of players that deserve consideration.  this is much better than in past seasons.  i went with carter mainly because it looked like he picked up from where he left off last season.  okay he dropped an easy td in garbage time but he ran hard and made some plays.  wilson looks good as do sauce, johnson, moore, berrios, alexander and reed.  this team has too many good players to keep playing like they did sunday.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Because from what I saw at the end of last year and camp this year - he is the best player on the team.

You need new eyes.  

This team may suck but Wilson is barely a top 20 player on this team based purely on performance to date.  

Even if your silly "eye test" says Zach Wilson really is a good QB, he missed 3 games last year and is set to miss at least 3 this year.  All of these key guys have played more games than Zach since 2021:

• JFM (17)
  • AVT (17)
  • Braxton Berrios (17)
  • George Fant (16)
  • Quinnen Williams (16)
  • Michael Carter (15)

And before Wilson returns Elijah Moore (12) will have passed Wilson in games played as well.

The greatest ability is availability, and Wilson hasn't been available enough over his first 2 seasons to be garnering any 1st place votes.

• Upvote 2

Its just one game but somehow its hard to NOT vote for Sauce. 

Seems like teams are already avoiding throwing his way. When they do, he's got it on lock. 

I know this is a very small sample size. But he is a highly touted rookie and sample size works both ways- guys like QW have been in the league for 3 years now and while being very good have still underachieved. 

RIGHT NOW its hard for me not to call Sauce (or frankly a guy like CJ Mosley) our best player. 

If we are going by actual in game play (and not preseason) then Fant has been the best player on the team.  Yea he had a bad game in wk1, but he was easily the best player on the team last year.  Meanwhile Q had a bad year last year, and was probably not the best player on that side of the ball (JFM outplayed him).

If we are going by preseason and wk1 (eg who is currently hot), then definitely Quinnen (b/c surprise, its a contract year).

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Thanks for the reply… and taking the time to explain your opinion. It’s all subjective, so there is no right or wrong answer.

I’m just amazed that you saw enough from Zach last year to say he’s the best player on the Jets this season.

Fidelio is a reference to the movie "Eyes Wide Shut" which is what I think is what Fidelio is actually doing whenever Wilson is playing. ;)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, I'm at the point where I'm in favor of tanking for Caleb Williams ... and he won't be available until 2024.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hael said:

If we are going by actual in game play (and not preseason) then Fant has been the best player on the team.  Yea he had a bad game in wk1, but he was easily the best player on the team last year.  Meanwhile Q had a bad year last year, and was probably not the best player on that side of the ball (JFM outplayed him).

If we are going by preseason and wk1 (eg who is currently hot), then definitely Quinnen (b/c surprise, its a contract year).

George Fant had a good year in pass pro and a terrible year in run blocking. He graded out about 30th out of 64 starting tackles 

he was decent, but not as good as fans make him out to be and certainly not the best player on the team this year or last